IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Home) Saturday February 8th

markjazzbassist

53 minutes ago, Matt said:

So you’ve made your mind up, no logic or fact will sway your spiralling decent into nonsense. Doesn’t have a winning mentality, but sets up goals. But that doesn’t count because he’s a defender. Laughable, Gana level drivel. 

A couple of assists doesn't mask the fact he's shite. Niasse had one of the best goals per minutes stats in Europe. Moneyball doesn't work in football, you end up with the likes of Sigurdssen, Gana and Keane. 

How do a couple of assists prove a winning mentality? 

Keep laughing just as people did when I said DCL should start over Tosun and Holgate over Keane. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

A couple of assists doesn't mask the fact he's shite. Niasse had one of the best goals per minutes stats in Europe. Moneyball doesn't work in football, you end up with the likes of Sigurdssen, Gana and Keane. 

Keep laughing just as people did when I said DCL should start over Tosun and Holgate over Keane. 

How does helping the team score goals to win games indicate a winning mentality?  

I'm out.

On 03/02/2020 at 10:30, RPG said:

Turning point?

Win this and we go seventh.

I found this interesting too. The premier league table since Ancelotti took over!

IMG_6829.JPG

Weird isn’t it. Since Ancelotti took over we have scored 11.8 goals? 
this is what happens when you let computers take over simple jobs haha.

42 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Weird isn’t it. Since Ancelotti took over we have scored 11.8 goals? 
this is what happens when you let computers take over simple jobs haha.

I think that's scored 11: conceded 8 in actual fact, no computer needed to do that sum (probably would be for some of our younger fans mind😂)

3 hours ago, Matt said:

How does helping the team score goals to win games indicate a winning mentality?  

I'm out.

Ensuring the ball is cleared shows a winning mentality. Simply getting a touch isn't enough. The premier league has very fine margins and small things like that make a huge difference. It concedes 50/50s and possession. We had no 'luck' last season, you make your own luck and without full blooded effort and concentration that so called luck will fall to the opposition. 

How many assists has Roy Keane got compared to Mesut Ozil? 

15 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Defending needs some polishing... going forward he's very good.

He's far from the biggest problem in the side. 

Digne has been far worse this season.... poor. 

It’s his positioning that is the main problem he has. The majority of most of my complaints surrounding him is just down to that. He also doesn’t seem to have the urgency he has defensively as he does going forward.

Anyway before this defends into a Sidibe thread (& I cant handle that) I believe we’ll win this comfortably which worries me 😂 I’m also not a fan of the early kick offs which means I’ll be up the night before. 

9 hours ago, MikeO said:

I think that's scored 11: conceded 8 in actual fact, no computer needed to do that sum (probably would be for some of our younger fans mind😂)

Haha thought it was another of those silly expected goals stats. Looking back, that was a bit dumb wasn’t it hahaha! 

14 hours ago, pete0 said:

Have you had the call from brands to join his team yet Pete?  

I have been championing DCL for far longer than most ......

Here's the thing Pete .... very very important to remember.  "Sometimes players have dips in form, and sometimes other players who may not be as good may warrant a start as a means of getting a reaction or giving them a rest......"

It's a bit difficult to comprehend cos I know that you would sooner have Tom Davies playing over Gana every single week regardless of form or whatever...... the most important thing is that you are "right" in your first ever judgement. 

36 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Have you had the call from brands to join his team yet Pete?  

I have been championing DCL for far longer than most ......

Here's the thing Pete .... very very important to remember.  "Sometimes players have dips in form, and sometimes other players who may not be as good may warrant a start as a means of getting a reaction or giving them a rest......"

It's a bit difficult to comprehend cos I know that you would sooner have Tom Davies playing over Gana every single week regardless of form or whatever...... the most important thing is that you are "right" in your first ever judgement. 

I'd have done a better job than Walsh, oh and you. You named the likes of Bony and Welbeck in your vendetta against Lukaku, and then in your one against Alladyce you were raging for Tosun to play over DCL. So you can stop chatting shit that you championed the kid. You simply liked his hard work to use as an argument against Lukaku. 

No idea why you're chatting about form. If Delph done the school boy shite Sidibe does you'd have your nashers out. He's gone for the ball with his right foot on many occasion when the option was better to use his left and even worse in the build up for the second goal he should have used his head. He also drifts out of position to the point fans are screaming at him to get near his man. For some one who says he wants rid of the half arsed players I don't see how you can back him. 

I'd happily see any player dropped off they're out of form. But I'd not use Gana for anything more than a duracell bunny. I'd have kept Barry over Schneiderlin and Gana. 

See you're up to your usual tricks. For the third time I'll ask. 

16 hours ago, pete0 said:

You've ignored the winners mentality argument that you initially made. He didn't take part in a single win for them. So how's he got a winners mentality? 

Also strange you've negged all my other comments but not this one, pretending you've not seen it. Sad. 

51 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I'd have done a better job than Walsh, oh and you. You named the likes of Bony and Welbeck in your vendetta against Lukaku, and then in your one against Alladyce you were raging for Tosun to play over DCL. So you can stop chatting shit that you championed the kid. You simply liked his hard work to use as an argument against Lukaku. 

No idea why you're chatting about form. If Delph done the school boy shite Sidibe does you'd have your nashers out. He's gone for the ball with his right foot on many occasion when the option was better to use his left and even worse in the build up for the second goal he should have used his head. He also drifts out of position to the point fans are screaming at him to get near his man. For some one who says he wants rid of the half arsed players I don't see how you can back him. 

I'd happily see any player dropped off they're out of form. But I'd not use Gana for anything more than a duracell bunny. I'd have kept Barry over Schneiderlin and Gana. 

See you're up to your usual tricks. For the third time I'll ask. 

Also strange you've negged all my other comments but not this one, pretending you've not seen it. Sad. 

Blimey Pete.... you actually missed my point and spent paragraphs actually proving me right.

get over your opinion on players..... it is just an opinion and you don't have to be right or wrong.  It's not a competition ..... seriously it impacts your ability to enjoy the game and to make balanced posts. 

14 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Blimey Pete.... you actually missed my point and spent paragraphs actually proving me right.

get over your opinion on players..... it is just an opinion and you don't have to be right or wrong.  It's not a competition ..... seriously it impacts your ability to enjoy the game and to make balanced posts. 

As if you of all people can say that. To date you're still slagging Lukaku off. 

As for proving you right, feel free to explain how and whilst you're at it, for the fourth time... 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

You've ignored the winners mentality argument that you initially made. He didn't take part in a single win for them. So how's he got a winners mentality? 

31 minutes ago, pete0 said:

As if you of all people can say that. To date you're still slagging Lukaku off. 

As for proving you right, feel free to explain how and whilst you're at it, for the fourth time... 

Not slating lukaku off.... I stated that lukaku is playing in an easier league than the prem...... immobile on 25 goals?  

Everything is a pissing contest with you Pete... you need to let go lad. 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Not slating lukaku off.... I stated that lukaku is playing in an easier league than the prem...... immobile on 25 goals?  

Everything is a pissing contest with you Pete... you need to let go lad. 

The league is easier but the teams are just as good at defending, their bottom clubs are better at defending than our ones are. 

Again for the 5th time. Put your ego to one side and hold your hand up. 

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

(this is at least the second I've asked you something 5 times as well). 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/the-squeaky-wheel/201811/why-certain-people-will-never-admit-they-were-wrong%3famp

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

IHard to see Moyes lasting at West Ham. He was desperate to get back into management and swallowed his pride to do so. Quite possibly he'd have done ok here but not our problem we go onward and upward!!

Fully believe there was absolutely no chance of him doing ok here. He’d have done exactly what he’s done with West Ham but with us. I don’t know why anyone wanted him here. Thank god Ancelotti became available or we really would be in a relegation battle. One I’d fancy us to lose with that goon in charge. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Fully believe there was absolutely no chance of him doing ok here. He’d have done exactly what he’s done with West Ham but with us. I don’t know why anyone wanted him here. Thank god Ancelotti became available or we really would be in a relegation battle. One I’d fancy us to lose with that goon in charge. 

Moyes saved us in his early years, got us 4th on a shoe string and regularly got us top 7. We owe him much.

That being said he took us as far as he could, his tactics and mentality have not evolved with modern football. He is a dinosaur and would have taken us so far back. Glad he did not join, really glad.

West Ham will go down, but not because of Moyes, but because of the poor, unbalanced squad and injuries., and the games they have left.

Change of heart.

Pickford (despite his lack of goals / assists  / T Rex arms / love of bingo and being human)

Coleman    Holgate  Mina  Dinge

Richarlison   Davies   Iwobi    Bernard

DCL      Kean

Fuck it, lets go for lots of goals!! COYB

54 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Moyes saved us in his early years, got us 4th on a shoe string and regularly got us top 7. We owe him much.

That being said he took us as far as he could, his tactics and mentality have not evolved with modern football. He is a dinosaur and would have taken us so far back. Glad he did not join, really glad.

West Ham will go down, but not because of Moyes, but because of the poor, unbalanced squad and injuries., and the games they have left.

That’s nice and all, LB, but it’s only the here and now that matters. And now he is a joke of a manager and we’d have been fucked if we’d brought him back. As you say, he’s a dinosaur.

Of course it’ll be because of Moyes if they go down! Obviously not all on his own but he’ll have played a big part of it if it happens. 

47 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That’s nice and all, LB, but it’s only the here and now that matters. And now he is a joke of a manager and we’d have been fucked if we’d brought him back. As you say, he’s a dinosaur.

Of course it’ll be because of Moyes if they go down! Obviously not all on his own but he’ll have played a big part of it if it happens. 

I believe if we did not have Moyes we would have been relegated, its that simple. He gave us our pride back, I respect him for that, he is part of the history of our club, some bad but allot good.

His re-appointment would have been a nightmare for us I agree, but I think its harsh to call him a joke of a manager, he works hard, is respectful and genuinely wants to do well wherever he is, not in it for the money. 

Working near bubble land their fans say that West Hams squad is very unbalanced and poor, the fans are in open rebellion against the board, and their recruitment has been a joke under Pelligrini. They lost many winnable games under him and whoever came in was up against it. Interestingly most did not want Moyes as he is too defensive, but did respect him keeping them up last time.

4 hours ago, London Blue said:

I believe if we did not have Moyes we would have been relegated, its that simple. He gave us our pride back, I respect him for that, he is part of the history of our club, some bad but allot good.

His re-appointment would have been a nightmare for us I agree, but I think its harsh to call him a joke of a manager, he works hard, is respectful and genuinely wants to do well wherever he is, not in it for the money. 

Working near bubble land their fans say that West Hams squad is very unbalanced and poor, the fans are in open rebellion against the board, and their recruitment has been a joke under Pelligrini. They lost many winnable games under him and whoever came in was up against it. Interestingly most did not want Moyes as he is too defensive, but did respect him keeping them up last time.

In the early1980s, I taught myself how to write computer programs, enough to obtain adequate modeling results for a PhD. This won me a job with Britain's most prestigious software company. I was great with Algol, Fortran, and even C. If I were to try to apply these skills to writing software today, I'd be a joke - a total dinosaur. So much has changed since I was a good programmer. It's the same with David Moyes. Two decades ago, he was just great, and his skill continued for ten years or so. But things change, and football is very different today. Personally, I don't see that he's changed much - and probably still expects the squad to run laps during every training session. Maybe I'm being unfair, and maybe West Ham will survive relegation, but I'm not convinced.

6 hours ago, London Blue said:

Something happened to him.  He was great with us but then he was a disaster at every single job after.  United, real sociedad, Sunderland, he just was awful with all of them.  It’s like the United job ruined him.  I wouldn’t trust him now.  I think he will keep west ham up but just because other teams are worse.

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Something happened to him.  He was great with us but then he was a disaster at every single job after.  United, real sociedad, Sunderland, he just was awful with all of them.  It’s like the United job ruined him.  I wouldn’t trust him now.  I think he will keep west ham up but just because other teams are worse.

I suppose Everton was the only opportunity that he had to build something. We narrowly missed relegation under him in the early years and stuck with him. He's not a short term fix, but I do admit I thought he'd be doing better at WHU. 

17 hours ago, pete0 said:

The league is easier but the teams are just as good at defending, their bottom clubs are better at defending than our ones are. 

Again for the 5th time. Put your ego to one side and hold your hand up. 

17 hours ago, pete0 said:

(this is at least the second I've asked you something 5 times as well). 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/the-squeaky-wheel/201811/why-certain-people-will-never-admit-they-were-wrong%3famp

@Hafnia 6th time lucky maybe... 

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

@Hafnia 6th time lucky maybe... 

Sorry???  

Was it actually a question? How has sidebe got a winners mentality???

He's won the league and the world cup..... got medals to prove it too...... use Google for that too.

Cone on Pete..... day off lad.  The fumes are making my phone overheat here. Chill out. 

I seem to remember this being about Everton vs Crystal Palace, now the info wars between Haff and Pete0 have infected it. Another casualty along with the truth. 

Can we create a special forum for people to go nuts on each other on please. A bit of banter is good but this is reaching Trumponian levels.

Please Make It Stop!!