IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Home) Saturday February 8th

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

I seem to remember this being about Everton vs Crystal Palace, now the info wars between Haff and Pete0 have infected it. Another casualty along with the truth. 

Can we create a special forum for people to go nuts on each other on please. A bit of banter is good but this is reaching Trumponian levels.

Please Make It Stop!!

Ah shut up... you started it throwing in lukaku you numpty. You knew what you were doing. Don't be acting all offended now.... you love it!!! 

I'm just dissapointed my food post didn't get enough likes .... very underrated. Like Gana

On 06/02/2020 at 16:45, markjazzbassist said:

There were people on here ok with him being our manager again.  That is a travesty.

I think it’s because people weren’t happy with Silva. Not sure anyone was exactly championing him. 
retrospect is an easy thing to speculate on. 

He did well with us but useless anywhere else. Could mean he is perfect for our club, could mean he is just shit. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Sorry???  

Was it actually a question? How has sidebe got a winners mentality???

He's won the league and the world cup..... got medals to prove it too...... use Google for that too.

Cone on Pete..... day off lad.  The fumes are making my phone overheat here. Chill out. 

I don't know why I'm bothering to ask again because I know full well you understand the question. But fuck it someone has to put your egomania in check. 

But here it goes... You said he's got a world cup medal to show he's got a winning mentality. Fact is he only played in a dead rubber that they drew in. So how can that medal prove he's a winner? 

53 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I seem to remember this being about Everton vs Crystal Palace, now the info wars between Haff and Pete0 have infected it. Another casualty along with the truth. 

Can we create a special forum for people to go nuts on each other on please. A bit of banter is good but this is reaching Trumponian levels.

Please Make It Stop!!

Shouldn't take 6 requests for an answer. Don't see why I'm at fault for calling someone out for chatting shit. 

I’m giving very serious thought to just moving this shite to a dedicated thread that everyone can put on ignore. I can’t even read the rest of the content because I want to just skip though this childish, bickering, oneupmanship that I’m actually missing decent contributions. Got a problem with what I’ll do, then PM me or fuck off. I’ve got enough to deal with without this fucking petty bullshit. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I think it’s because people weren’t happy with Silva. Not sure anyone was exactly championing him. 
retrospect is an easy thing to speculate on. 

He did well with us but useless anywhere else. Could mean he is perfect for our club, could mean he is just shit. 

That’s right Shukes it was a hypothetical question would Moyes be better than Silva, then it nearly come true which might have been a different story 

But at the time Silva had to go and Ancelotti wasn’t on the radar, and I think most thought anyone was nearly  preferable to Silva. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I’m giving very serious thought to just moving this shite to a dedicated thread that everyone can put on ignore. I can’t even read the rest of the content because I want to just skip though this childish, bickering, oneupmanship that I’m actually missing decent contributions. Got a problem with what I’ll do, then PM me or fuck off. I’ve got enough to deal with without this fucking petty bullshit. 

Pete0 and Haff both make great points and really add to the vibrancy of the site, but they are like two rutting stags bashing heads and the rest of us get a headache. Just need to learn when to  say I disagree but I'll leave it there.

7 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Looking forward to tomorrow. Hoping that after coming back from 2-0 down to grab three points, that we have gained some confidence and go out there and smash them. 
let’s bring the old lady down!

Same as we’ve got a good spirit and momentum going on, it won’t be easy and I don’t envy the person given the job of keeping Zaha quiet, but if we can win this a top 6 isn’t beyond our crasp who would have thought that not so long ago. 

8 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Pete0 and Haff both make great points and really add to the vibrancy of the site, but they are like two rutting stags bashing heads and the rest of us get a headache. Just need to learn when to  say I disagree but I'll leave it there.

They do. Disagreement is fine but I do not want to listen to a broken record over and over 

49 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Charlie Nicholas has us to lose this ......... I think he's hurting that we jibbed moyes and we got Carlo not arsenal. 

Apparently somewhere on Twitter is a vid of his reaction when we got the third at Watford (according to Josh); totally gutted apparently, don't know why he hates us so much.

10 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

school me palfy, why would a celtic fan hate everton?  did we beat them 8-0 or something and then pull their pants down afterwards 🤣

7 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Historically Everton have had close link to Rangers and Celtic to Liverpool, although that has changed with Gerrard going to Rangers.

It's a bit of an archaic thing as far as Merseyside is concerned but the Rangers/Celtic divide is Protestant/Catholic and it still exists; in my lifetime neither club signed a player of the "wrong" religion though that's not the case now. Still plenty of sectarianism in the supporters though.

Just need to watch a Glasgow derby to see the Union flags in the Rangers end and the Republic of Ireland ones in the Celtic.

11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

It's a bit of an archaic thing as far as Merseyside is concerned but the Rangers/Celtic divide is Protestant/Catholic and it still exists; in my lifetime neither club signed a player of the "wrong" religion though that's not the case now. Still plenty of sectarianism in the supporters though.

Just need to watch a Glasgow derby to see the Union flags in the Rangers end and the Republic of Ireland ones in the Celtic.

You use to see a lot of Liverpool flags at Celtic games and supporters wearing scarves made up 50% Celtic and 50% Liverpool, but you’re right a few players have crossed the divide in the last few years, but that would have been sacrilege in Nicholas day. 

30 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You use to see a lot of Liverpool flags at Celtic games and supporters wearing scarves made up 50% Celtic and 50% Liverpool, but you’re right a few players have crossed the divide in the last few years, but that would have been sacrilege in Nicholas day. 

As far as I recall Mo Johnston was the first notable Catholic to sign for Rangers having played for Celtic previously, was very big news at the time.

As for Charlie Nicholas I remember him going to Arsenal from Celtic and being hailed as the Scottish George Best, turned out to be decidedly average in a decent league; not fit to tie Best's boots.

On 06/02/2020 at 23:12, London Blue said:

Change of heart.

Pickford (despite his lack of goals / assists  / T Rex arms / love of bingo and being human)

Coleman    Holgate  Mina  Dinge

Richarlison   Davies   Iwobi    Bernard

DCL      Kean

Fuck it, lets go for lots of goals!! COYB

Carlo said we’ll see two from Davies, Morgan and Siggy. I don’t think they’ll be many shocks in the line up. 

13 hours ago, Matt said:

No, no, I protest, mate.  It’s great fun.  A bit of playful cabaret, cleverly disguised by the bickerers as pettiness.  I’m surprised you don’t recognize the warmth and charm here.

For some reason the bickering reminds me of a Fawlty Towers episode — a particular scene in “A Touch of Class.”  The scene where Basil tells Manuel to throw away a ruined grapefruit, and Manuel, a literalist still learning English (“Throw it away!  Now!”) tosses it and hits one of the guests.  Basil sets out to lash Manuel.  Polly apologizes to another guest for this wackiness: “Sorry about that.”  To which the guest — the Robin Ellis character — waves off her embarrassment and replies: “No, I like a bit of cabaret.”

So, when stressed, just becalm yourself by imagining TT as a brilliant sitcom (and, it follows, you as a brilliant director —  Bergman! Wilder! Almodóvar!), bits of cabaret popping up here and there, various posters as characters in Fawlty Towers.  Greatest TV comedy ever, surely.  I myself would gladly volunteer to play O’Reilly in “The Builders” — “This one, easy, lick o’ paint, lick o’ paint, lick o‘ paint, one hour.... plenty of time.  Give us a biscuit.”

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

Apparently somewhere on Twitter is a vid of his reaction when we got the third at Watford (according to Josh); totally gutted apparently, don't know why he hates us so much.

He loved us when Moyes was our manager. He seems to have taken it hard that we realised the fella is shite and didn't bring him back.

52 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

No, no, I protest, mate.  It’s great fun.  A bit of playful cabaret, cleverly disguised by the bickerers as pettiness.  I’m surprised you don’t recognize the warmth and charm here.

For some reason the bickering reminds me of a Fawlty Towers episode — a particular scene in “A Touch of Class.”  The scene where Basil tells Manuel to throw away a ruined grapefruit, and Manuel, a literalist still learning English (“Throw it away!  Now!”) tosses it and hits one of the guests.  Basil sets out to lash Manuel.  Polly apologizes to another guest for this wackiness: “Sorry about that.”  To which the guest — the Robin Ellis character — waves off her embarrassment and replies: “No, I like a bit of cabaret.”

So, when stressed, just becalm yourself by imagining TT as a brilliant sitcom (and, it follows, you as a brilliant director —  Bergman! Wilder! Almodóvar!), bits of cabaret popping up here and there, various posters as characters in Fawlty Towers.  Greatest TV comedy ever, surely.  I myself would gladly volunteer to play O’Reilly in “The Builders” — “This one, easy, lick o’ paint, lick o’ paint, lick o‘ paint, one hour.... plenty of time.  Give us a biscuit.”

Exactly!  He needs to see Pete as a parody of some sort.  There is absolutely no way that anyone of any sense posts the stuff and counter arguments that he does.  He could get a job replacing Adrian Durham... just gotta treat it like the joke I think he intends it to be. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He loved us when Moyes was our manager. He seems to have taken it hard that we realised the fella is shite and didn't bring him back.

Moyes used to big Charlie Nicholas up.... saying Rooney is the best teenager he has seen since Nicholas..... I recall laughing. 

"All I ever wanted to do was handle Wayne like Sir Alex handled Ryan Giggs. I looked at it and thought 'Who could guide me?' The only person who came close to Wayne Rooney for me was Charlie Nicholas. We drove to work together at Celtic, I watched him in action and I remember all the 'fun-time Charlie' stuff, but he was a great player. 

2 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

It was interesting to start with, but this is getting into the 4th season of Allo Allo; brilliant entertainment  to start with but it’s become so outdated and repetitive. Also, Fawlty Towers is a classic because they knew when to stop. 

14 hours ago, MikeO said:

Yeah I’ve seen it. If you totalled all of that bellends predictions for us in the season so far we’d be in the bottom two