Arsenal (Away) Sunday February 23rd

markjazzbassist

3 hours ago, Heath said:

The wait is almost over... COYB!

Pickford

Sidibé  Mina  Holgate  Digne

Walcott  Gomes  Delph  Bernard

DC-L  Richarlison

Maybe I’d go with Schneiderlin over Delph, but either way I’d like to see that team take it to the gooners 

18 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He’s actually made it sound like he’ll start him. Said he didn’t see the benefit of having him come on from the bench.

Why would anyone have Delph near the side though?!

Yeah his reasoning was not one I've heard before, stating it makes sense for him to warm up properly and start, than to sit on the bench to come on.

I suppose there's sense in what he's saying. 

Looks like Walcott will miss this one.  Also they have Aubameyang and Saka flying down the left in form at the moment.  Not sure I would start Sidibe or Gordon for this one.

Pickford

Coleman Mina Holgate Digne

Richarlison Gomes Morgan Bernard

DCL Kean

13 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Looks like Walcott will miss this one.  Also they have Aubameyang and Saka flying down the left in form at the moment.  Not sure I would start Sidibe or Gordon for this one.

Pickford

Richarlison Gomes Morgan Bernard

DCL Kean

Exactly why would prefer not to hang richarlison out to dry over there. Can't make our best player defend all game. If Gomes is going to start I'd also like to add some defensive cover on the wing so he doesn't have to go into so many tackles. 

Pickford

Sidibe Gomes Morgan Bernard

Richarlison DCL

5 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Exactly why would prefer not to hang richarlison out to dry over there. Can't make our best player defend all game. If Gomes is going to start I'd also like to add some defensive cover on the wing so he doesn't have to go into so many tackles. 

Pickford

Richarlison DCL

I could get behind that starting lineup.  Could always switch to what I suggested if it doesn't work out.

9 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Pickford

Richarlison DCL

If that’s the mindset for Gomes he shouldn’t be near the field IMO

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Jonathan Pearce: Mikel Arteta holds the hearts of Arsenal and Everton supporters. He's fast winning over minds at the Emirates too.

Bernd Leno's performance at Olympiakos personified the improvement under the new head coach. He made good saves in his third consecutive clean sheet - his best run in four years - and his overall performance was authoritative.

Arteta has ensured defenders keep their position. He has restored purpose and happiness to the squad.

This will be a stiffer task than Thursday. Everton are genuine top-five candidates on the back of a five-match unbeaten run under Carlo Ancelotti.

Again, it's good man-management. Look at the improvement in Dominic Calvert-Lewin - six league goals in eight games.

The extra time to prepare could ensure a positive result for the visitors.

Shhhhhhhh man!

57 minutes ago, MikeO said:

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Jonathan Pearce: Mikel Arteta holds the hearts of Arsenal and Everton supporters. He's fast winning over minds at the Emirates too.

Bernd Leno's performance at Olympiakos personified the improvement under the new head coach. He made good saves in his third consecutive clean sheet - his best run in four years - and his overall performance was authoritative.

Arteta has ensured defenders keep their position. He has restored purpose and happiness to the squad.

This will be a stiffer task than Thursday. Everton are genuine top-five candidates on the back of a five-match unbeaten run under Carlo Ancelotti.

Again, it's good man-management. Look at the improvement in Dominic Calvert-Lewin - six league goals in eight games.

The extra time to prepare could ensure a positive result for the visitors.

Shhhhhhhh man!

The last Arsenal Everton game I went to we got beat by a 10 man Arsenal, Koeman was manager and we were shite, tomorrow will be completely different we are far better and they are a lot worse, we have the players and momentum to go there and come away with the win. 

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Is the team sheet out yet? I'm still not sure on whether Gomes will start or if he should. If he is fit, the injury is healed and his head is prepared then he can go into the side but that would probably be a bit harsh on Sigurdsson who looked to have turned a corner recently.

An hour before kick off. And that wouldn’t be harsh at all, it'd be deserved. 

7 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I remember Moyes getting sports psychologists in because the players started doubting themselves, that they were good enough to get to the top 4. Players like Jagielka really benefitted from it.

Maybe Ancelotti has been putting an arm around some of them and saying "look if I think you are good enough then you are good enough"

Lets hope!!

2 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I appreciate he has been disappointing, I'm just acknowledging he has had a bit of an up tick in performances along with Schneiderlin. Sometimes you have to let people get back into the groove.

That said, I ain't gonna second guess Ancelotti 😁

I'd argue he hasn't done that at all though myself.

And he's that slow and shit, he'll still be turning that corner next season when he's playing for a different club.