IGNORED

Qualifying for Europe

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

A fair few of us knew it was possible even then.

Let's be honest..... when you make predictions you follow trends. Being 10 points away when you are averaging 1 point a game is like man city saying they can catch Liverpool now. It's possible but unlikely.

However the 4th to 8th teams have been averaging lower points than any other season I can remember in the prem.

For me it was frustrating because I don't even think Silva had to do a remarkable job with these players to get in top 5..... he just needed to identify the best 11 in the best formation... make it simple and stick to it. 

I still think we will come up short but it was a about reversing the trendline for me.... Dunc deserves huge credit for that momentum change.  Carlo deserve a credit for identifying what worked and keeping elements of it. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

What I find even more hilarious than our own fans writing off our chances is the way Sky are going about it. In all their coverage of the race for Europe we don't get a sniff. Wolves and United do, despite us being on the same points as Wolves and above United.

Keep dismissing us and we'll keep going about our business quietly with one of the best managers in the world. We might not actually get there but Carlo says we're going for it and that's good enough for me. Aim high.

Exactly this. Plus, I’m not worried about a season competing in Europe as well as the domestics. Previously we’ve suffered because of inexperienced managers, now we have someone who’s done this for decades and the impact of that cannot be underestimated 

13 hours ago, Aidan said:

😂 in all fairness that's how tight the table is at the minute. Only Liverpool have more points in the last 10 games as it stands. Let's keep that up. 

All well and good but the sides we have beaten are all bottom half. You have to go back to Ferguson to see us getting points off a top of the table side and that was 9th and 10th (draws) and the win against Chelsea. 

If we keep up the points tally over the next 10 games I will be banging the drum with you all but let's wait and see as Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Norwich (a), Leicester, Spurs are much much harder before a relatively easy run in. It could be #Ancellottiout by mid April 😂

Last I read, we had excellent books. We may have operated at a loss due to signings, but our accountants said that we have nothing to worry about. I know they wouldn’t exactly come out and say, we’re in trouble, but I do trust our club is run the correct way.

After reading that article, I’m more confident now. They may look to put us on a 3 year plan, and that’s fine.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Last I read, we had excellent books. We may have operated at a loss due to signings, but our accountants said that we have nothing to worry about. I know they wouldn’t exactly come out and say, we’re in trouble, but I do trust our club is run the correct way.

After reading that article, I’m more confident now. They may look to put us on a 3 year plan, and that’s fine.

Would you expect them to say we have balanced the books by breaking certain FFP rules. 
Only time will tell, but when someone pays 30 million just to take an option of being given the opportunity to sponsor the new ground in 3 years time, l have to say I have my doubts. 
Also another concerning statistic is that 85% of our turnover is spent on wages, that’s highest ever by a long way of any club in the league,  on average I believe 51% is around were other clubs in the league spend on wages.

I read somewhere I think it was football first that we will need to sell our better players to keep the clubs accounts within the rules, so we could see the likes of Richarlison Pickford and Digne going if the price is right, unless we can get a sponsor to give us 100 million and then prove that our brand is worth that amount of money, and it wasn’t just a scam to stay with in the rules of FFP. 

Answered your question before you even asked it haha😉 knew it would be coming x

It all depends on our books this next season in all honesty. Football doesn’t work the same as a normal business. Capex still exists, but they are not tied down to it. They can spend more than their budget as long as the money is there, and so finish with a deficit. What FFP asks, is that there is a solid plan to balance it back up. 

If we are spending money like that, with no long term plan in place, then, we could be in trouble. But I honestly think our club isn’t as naive as eastern billionaires. 
Though that could easily be me, being said naive.

When we get rid of Sandro, Bolasie, Delph, Bolasie, all on big wages, and Martina, that Swiss lad and a few others we will knock nearly £400K a week off the wage bill.

The expected money from new sponsorship deals, plus naming rights for the stadium, increased revenue from match days, corporate box's and stadium entertainment boost revenue making increased spending more viable.

As Shukes said, our owners are quite shrewd and would have got first hand experience of monitising a new stadium from being at Arsenal when they moved. 

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

All well and good but the sides we have beaten are all bottom half. You have to go back to Ferguson to see us getting points off a top of the table side and that was 9th and 10th (draws) and the win against Chelsea. 

If we keep up the points tally over the next 10 games I will be banging the drum with you all but let's wait and see as Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Norwich (a), Leicester, Spurs are much much harder before a relatively easy run in. It could be #Ancellottiout by mid April 😂

Mid April if we're lucky! Give it until the next defeat knowing us lot. 

27 minutes ago, London Blue said:

When we get rid of Sandro, Bolasie, Delph, Bolasie, all on big wages, and Martina, that Swiss lad and a few others we will knock nearly £400K a week off the wage bill.

The expected money from new sponsorship deals, plus naming rights for the stadium, increased revenue from match days, corporate box's and stadium entertainment boost revenue making increased spending more viable.

As Shukes said, our owners are quite shrewd and would have got first hand experience of monitising a new stadium from being at Arsenal when they moved. 

Wow it’s crazy when you look at the wages we spend on those guys. But if they end up as stepping stones to where we are now, then it may all be worth it.

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

I imagine that's also what City's accountants said! If your into your rugby, probably Saracen's too! 

Just now, Shukes said:

Sure, but I trust Everton a damn site more than City. 
To be honest, I would have thought every teams books are checked every year. 

They are "checked", it's not like the money isn't there, it's just a case of whether getting money that way is part of the rules. 

If our method is anything like City's, which doesn't sound too dissimilar (albeit I don't know much about it all yet) then it is something to be concerned about.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

You must be a good salesman’s dream 😉

I am mate. I’m a very trusting person haha.

Everyone starts with respect, it’s up to them if they gain more or lose it. I always show faith and trust, people’s actions dictate if I lose that trust or gain more. Glass is always half full. People are great, and the world is a wonderful place. 
I hope I never have reason to change.