IGNORED

Manchester United (Home) Sunday March 1

markjazzbassist

I'm a bit worried about this. Under Ancelotti we have showed that we struggle against teams that can move the ball quickly and historically we are awful against the counter attack.

Last season Solksjear got burned trying to play the "United way" against a 'lesser team' away from home. His side have shown they can outplay the teams that come to beat them, and that includes the best teams in the league. If they come to Goodison and park the bus to hit us on the counter they will cause us loads of problems.

On the other hand if we do the same to them we will cause them all sorts of problems on the counter but I don't see Ancellotti being happy to concede possession. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I'm a bit worried about this. Under Ancelotti we have showed that we struggle against teams that can move the ball quickly and historically we are awful against the counter attack.

Last season Solksjear got burned trying to play the "United way" against a 'lesser team' away from home. His side have shown they can outplay the teams that come to beat them, and that includes the best teams in the league. If they come to Goodison and park the bus to hit us on the counter they will cause us loads of problems.

On the other hand if we do the same to them we will cause them all sorts of problems on the counter but I don't see Ancellotti being happy to concede possession. 

That has more to do with the crap players we have than the system in my opinion.

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

That has more to do with the crap players we have than the system in my opinion.

To an extent as some of our players certainly dont help, but if you play 4 v 5 in midfield against a good technical team it's going to cause plenty of problems. 

I think we only play 442 because of the form and attributes of the front two. I also think it only really works when Bernard plays and comes in off his wing. 

He must start against Utd in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

United have built some momentum of late, and they achieved a great result tonight. Let's hope the exertion has taken some steam out of them.

Plus we’re at home and will be riled up after losing the last game that we should’ve won. I see a spanking coming. 

On 24/02/2020 at 00:39, markjazzbassist said:

3 points are available here they are a poor side with a weak midfield and defense.  

Pickford

coleman Mina holgate digne

walcott Gomes Morgan bernArd

DCL Richarlison

no morgan means this lineup i think

Pickford

Coleman Holgate Mina Digne

Walcott Gomes Davies Bernard

DCL Richarlison

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

no morgan means this lineup i think

Pickford

Coleman Holgate Mina Digne

Walcott Gomes Davies Bernard

DCL Richarlison

I could live with that. 

19 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Nailed on that Sigurdsson starts again

In place of Davies then fine, think he might work well with Gomes as he can stay central and get forward. No idea what passed Carlo to put him on the wing at Arsenal. So long as it’s not Delph. 

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

In place of Davies then fine, think he might work well with Gomes as he can stay central and get forward. No idea what passed Carlo to put him on the wing at Arsenal. So long as it’s not Delph. 

No way. We'll get smoked with a pairing of Gomes and Siggy. Who is going to cover more than a few feet of ground and actually put a legitimate tackle in? I don't want Siggy to start but if he does it has to be off the left in that creative role. 

1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

No way. We'll get smoked with a pairing of Gomes and Siggy. Who is going to cover more than a few feet of ground and actually put a legitimate tackle in? I don't want Siggy to start but if he does it has to be off the left in that creative role. 

In a diamond with Gomes sitting back and passing forward, I think he could work. But I’m admittedly hoping he finds his feet again

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Last game was poor to be honest.

Can’t all be stellar performances. Recently in general he’s been very good. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Gylfi is a cowardly shithouse. He’ll go hiding once again no matter where he’s played. He’ll definitely stay central and get forward... as long as there’s a United player for him to hide behind. 

34 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Gylfi is a cowardly shithouse. He’ll go hiding once again no matter where he’s played. He’ll definitely stay central and get forward... as long as there’s a United player for him to hide behind. 

Yeah yeah, I know you don’t like him. He got into plenty of good positions supporting the front two at Arsenal, but he was lost everywhere else. He’s either a supporter of the 2 strikers in a diamond or shouldn’t be on the pitch. 

17 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

We need to be careful here. Utd are all over the place but still maintain quality. They are just as capable of rolling us over as we are of doing them. They will be smarting from the beating we gave them last season

This.

Everyone loves to say they are rubbish ect, but they are still a top team and the type of level we need to be chasing.

13 hours ago, Matt said:

Yeah yeah, I know you don’t like him. He got into plenty of good positions supporting the front two at Arsenal, but he was lost everywhere else. He’s either a supporter of the 2 strikers in a diamond or shouldn’t be on the pitch. 

He's played that supporting role countless times and proven over and over that he's crap. The odd decent showing doesn't change that, so why do you think anything is going to be different now?

I wish we had the depth to sit his arse with the U23s and never have to see him playing again. I really do. He's a disgrace.

57 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's played that supporting role countless times and proven over and over that he's crap. The odd decent showing doesn't change that, so why do you think anything is going to be different now?

I wish we had the depth to sit his arse with the U23s and never have to see him playing again. I really do. He's a disgrace.

I can only agree with this.... not all lazy arsed players need to have a Morgan, mirallas, lukaku, sulky faced/Not arsed look.

Gylfi looks impeccable, a nice personality, lovely technique..... but he is no different essentially. Short changing fans. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Not with a front two. I’ll be happy to see him go in the summer but sad to see his fall from grace. I just want to give him one last chance

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not with a front two. I’ll be happy to see him go in the summer but sad to see his fall from grace. I just want to give him one last chance

I want to win and have the best players out there to make it happen. Gylfi isn't one of them and it could be argued he never has been for us.

Definitely going to go down as one of our worst signings.

16 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I want to win and have the best players out there to make it happen. Gylfi isn't one of them and it could be argued he never has been for us.

Definitely going to go down as one of our worst signings.

So do I, and I still hope that he can be a part of that. I’ve no idea why he’s dropped off so badly, maybe his legs have gone. He gets until the end of the season for me even if I don’t expect an improvement. 

worst signings? Not even close. 

12 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Nyarko wants to have a word

To be fair Nyarko cosy £4.5m vs £45m for Gylfi.

It's unfair to tag Gylfi with the Nyarko shout because he has given us some great moments.

However.... with £45m to spend on a player at the time....  when we had Barkley just left - and with better management could have retained him. We essentially lost a £30m player for £20m loss and overpaid on his replacement by £20m......

Just now, TallPaul1878 said:

I was kind of pointing out we have had some real shockers before we cast Siggy as one of them. We've had some absolute melts put on a blue shirt for us

Yep. Far too many.  We've absolutely blown some money when buying at the upper end of the market.