IGNORED

Manchester United (Home) Sunday March 1

markjazzbassist

Just now, memmaclub2 said:

we haven't set up to up get have posession I don't understand how a team at home with gylfi gomez on the pitch can't keep the ball for more than two passes.

It's a similar problem to the Liverpool cup game. They can press on us when we play it out from the back. They have numbers on us and we are too deep with players like Davies, Gomes and Siggy who can't get forward and back quick enough. We are slowly and surely getting camped well in our own half.

We have to start playing forward longer and quicker and get up the pitch. None of this passing our from the back to a player standing 5 yards away. 

1 minute ago, RPG said:

Yes and no. We are not capable of playing through the Man U midfield and the longer, direct ball is the way to go for us for a while yet. So, in that regard it was poor decision making. If he was acting under instructions then it comes back to Carlo.

It's definitely Carlo otherwise we wouldn't be set up to receive the short ball out. 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He gets beat alot... poor at getting down.

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I'm more arsed about his dive.... seen the tower bridge get down quicker.

He's just not reliable. 

He is down though Haf. He misjudged the flight in my opinion, squirting underneath him. 

Walcott and gylfi have been non-existent. If we are playing 4-4-2 why have we got two strikers that move wide. I don't get the plan. If the wingers are out wide then so are the full backs leaving two stikers in the box. If they play narrow or drop deep you have 4 against 2 upfront. surely the point of a winger is to cause problems for the defence when we go froward.

Only caught last 20 minutes of the half.  Whatever system we are playing it is no use at all and most of the players don’t look arsed. Gomes looks like the only player with the heart and skills to get us out of this. They need a rocket up their arses for the second half.

5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He is down though Haf. He misjudged the flight in my opinion, squirting underneath him. 

He dived late.... sack of spuds sounness just said..... can't argue.

Roy keane "he is not a good goalkeeper "..... can't argue.

For me that's been a crap half masked by a slice of luck for our goal.

Its catch 22 but we have to go to 3 men in midfield to match up with them better. It's too easy for them. Take Siggy off to sit Delph behind Davies and Gomes and then consider Richarlison right and bring Bernard on for Walcott.

If we don't change formation then we have to stop this playing out from the back rubbish and start trying to knock it around in their half once we have won the second balls. How many times do we have to get it wrong and how many times do we have to see us cause problems to the opposition by going direct.

Really not liking the way we have set up. Playing out from the back when United look most vulnerable when the ball is played up to our two strikers, and also where we look most threatening. 

We got the goal, invited pressure and allowed united to play even as the home team. It's not working and we need to get the ball up to the two strikers and press higher up the pitch. They aren't that good of a team and we need to stop being scared of them and setting ourselves up with an inferior mentality against has-been teams. 

Just now, Hafnia said:

He dived late.... sack of spuds sounness just said..... can't argue.

Roy keane "he is not a good goalkeeper "..... can't argue.

I'd love to know who Keane thinks is a good goal keeper because the list isn't going to be a long one!

The last two weekends I have seen big mistakes from Schmeichel, Ryan, De Gea, Ederson, Dubravka, and Leno. That doesn't leave many.

Can’t afford to use both subs to start second half, but one is essential.  Walcott and Sidibé are disastrous as a pair on right.  I’d prefer Bernard subbing for Walcott, maybe move Sigurdsson to right.  I think Sigurdsson might have a great pass or shot in him, but Walcott has only multiple fluffs to offer.  Then later maybe Kean on for Sigurdsson