Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Manchester United (Home) Sunday March 1

That is bollocks. 

Siggy should have scored (great play Bernard and Richie) and whilst I accept he is in the way from the deflection he wasn't in the way from the initial shot until it was deflected and De Gea was never getting to deflected shot regardless of whether Siggy was or wasn't there.

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He’s shit Pickford, still England’s number 1 judging by the big smile on Southgate’s face.

Similar to our goalkeeping situation.... if he's our number 1 it doesn't say much for the number 2.

Goalkeepers aren't judged on their good saves, they are judged on how many errors they make and he makes too many. 

Just now, nogs said:

Am I missing something or is it not offside if the ball comes off the defender, regardless of whether the player is in the eyeline? 

You're missing that the game is fucking bent and every decision will be made to protect the cash cow clubs

Just now, TallPaul1878 said:

You're missing that the game is fucking bent and every decision will be made to protect the cash cow clubs

To the point where the fucking clowns that officiate the game dont even apply the rules?? 

1 minute ago, nogs said:

To the point where the fucking clowns that officiate the game dont even apply the rules?? 

Yes! The big clubs basically get together and dictate how things are gonna pan out. You saw how Maguire basically told the ref to give a free kick before the corner and sure enough he obliges him.

The big clubs never anticipated that Leicester would happen and they sure as hell won't let it happen again

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Of all the decisions you expect to see take time, I thought that would be one that did and yet it took no time at all. Can't wait to see the explanation.

I'm sure there are a number of different offside rules that can be applied as and when the league sees fit.

If big club concedes a goal then apply rule 1a, if big club scores offside goal then apply rule 1b

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Similar to our goalkeeping situation.... if he's our number 1 it doesn't say much for the number 2.

Goalkeepers aren't judged on their good saves, they are judged on how many errors they make and he makes too many. 

I agree keepers are judged on their mistakes not their saves, as strikers are judged on their goals and not their mistakes, it comes down to whether he makes a lot more mistakes than most of the keepers in the league, and for me he doesn’t. 
But what he does do better than most in the league is make outstanding saves when points rest on it. 

Just now, Aidan said:

Everyone is going to have their opinion on it. My take is sigurdsson wasn't interfering with play what so ever because if he wasn't sat on the floor Infront of the keeper that goal looks exactly the same. 

Shit call. Shit VAR again ruining the game. Shit refereeing consistently through the game. 

The ref was diabolical. He totally lost control of the game and that was why it got a bit spicy at the end of the first half. He decided in the second half to oblige everything to Utd.

I'm getting really sick of the game

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

I agree keepers are judged on their mistakes not their saves, as strikers are judged on their goals and not their mistakes, it comes down to whether he makes a lot more mistakes than most of the keepers in the league, and for me he doesn’t. 
But what he does do better than most in the league is make outstanding saves when points rest on it. 

He is joint top for conceding goals from goalkeeping errors alongside DeGae

BBC...

We see Everton's Dominic Calvert-Lewin being shown a replay of the 'goal' ruled out by VAR.

"Oh my God!" he says as he covers his mouth with his hands.

Then he just laughs. Sums it up really.

5 minutes ago, Btay said:

Watch it back though, the only reason gylfi is there is he has a shot and then wan Bissaka slides in and makes contact with him after the ball so that’s a shout for a foul on that and a penalty.

This is exactly what I was thinking. How are you going to penalize Sigurdsson for being on the ground when Wan Bisakka fouled him after he shot?!? What a fucking joke. And yet when Siggy was sitting there and the ball went in, I didn’t even celebrate because I knew they’d wrongly disallow it.

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He's made more mistakes leading to goals this season.... he topped that chart last season.

It's not great mate. 

2 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

This is exactly what I was thinking. How are you going to penalize Sigurdsson for being on the ground when Wan Bisakka fouled him after he shot?!? What a fucking joke. And yet when Siggy was sitting there and the ball went in, I didn’t even celebrate because I knew they’d wrongly disallow it.

Anywhere else on the pitch you play a ball and get contact it’s a foul. The speed of the decision was a joke and it just seems like they have found a reason to disallow it.

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

And the fans will love him all the more for it, personally was very happy to see what he did. F'king robbed.

Agreed... he lost his shit and I hope he goes full on in his interview. 

It stinks. 

1 minute ago, nyblue23 said:

It's a right royal farce. If you remove Sigurdsson from the equation the goal still goes in as the keeper has already moved to save the shot before the deflection off Maguire.

You can absolutely guarantee that if Utd had scored that and Fred was sat on his arse rolling out of the way he would be deemed not involved in the play and the goal would stand 

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

And the fans will love him all the more for it, personally was very happy to see what he did. F'king robbed.

He should never have had to do it though, the arrogance of the officials as well to not expect some heat after that shit show

He's made more mistakes leading to goals this season.... he topped that chart last season.

It's not great mate. 

I know. I want all our players to succeed but you have to take the blue tinted glasses off and acknowledge that he is dropping clangers far too often and it is costing us goals.

I'm sick to death of these short goal kicks as well. I don't care if it is the manager telling them to do it, they are wrong. We haven't got the quality to play that way, we haven't got a confident defence. We have Calvert Lewin and Richarlison up top who win headers all day long. Just hit it long and play the percentage game. I'd like to know how many goals we score from a short goal kick compared to how many we concede. I bet we concede more

4 minutes ago, Btay said:

Anywhere else on the pitch you play a ball and get contact it’s a foul. The speed of the decision was a joke and it just seems like they have found a reason to disallow it.

There are a whole selection of rules that can be applied as and when they are needed where big clubs are concerned. You have to beat the rule book before you can beat a big club.

It's not great mate. 

👍 fucking hate stats they never show the true picture. 
But I know there’s no point arguing with them, so I’ll quietly concede and trust in my own judgement mate😢😉

Just now, TallPaul1878 said:

There are a whole selection of rules that can be applied as and when they are needed where big clubs are concerned. You have to beat the rule book before you can beat a big club.

Difference is when Carlo makes noise about this the footballing world will look on a bit differently. I hope he asks the questions of how it actually impeded the keeper who was moving the wrong way. Then ask why the player was on the ground - which shows the foul after shooting.

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Unfuckinbelievable... sky haven't called the car decision for what it is. 

What do you expect they’ve got to ex red shite players on the team, and the daughter of another ex red shite player, there’s going to be no sympathy coming our way from that direction. 

On the upside we battered them second half, had some great individual performances and Jordan redeemed himself for the first half howler. We are a club on the move without question.

Just irritating that everybody knows that had that late "goal" gone in at the Park End it would've stood 100%, no question. I might even stop being angry one day next week.

Football is no longer a sport, it's a commercial entity that's geared towards people who don't go the game and get their football fix from internet streams and a PlayStation. The game as we know it has gone, goals aren't celebrated anymore in stadiums because VAR looms over every decision like an unwelcome fart at a dinner party and when these decisions are "analysed" the matchday fan doesn't see a thing. 

Commerically, the Premier League has never been better which is what those at the top want. There will never be another Leicester City because it won't be allowed - Manchester United being a mid-table team on the field yet +6-8 points directly because of VAR speaks volumes. Money talks, and god forbid Manchester United Ltd ended up in the wilderness of the bottom half. 

I'm surprised about how uninterested I am to the whole situation, my love for the Premier League evaporates with every passing match-day. So proud of Carlo though, he gets it. 

1 hour ago, nogs said:

Am I missing something or is it not offside if the ball comes off the defender, regardless of whether the player is in the eyeline? 

If it hits Gylfi it’s offside regardless of the ball deflecting. The ball going forward is what matters. He was offside when DCL hits the ball forward. 
But, it should only be called if it hits Gylfi. Hi haven’t watched it again yet so can’t tell.

If it doesn’t hit him, then it’s blatant cheating by VAR officials. 

The fans have got to start making some serious objections to VAR.  Someone needs to organise something.  Football officialdom aren't going to dump it, you can bet there are vested interests at play.  Ref's are in favour too, it gives them a kop-out.

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

If it hits Gylfi it’s offside regardless of the ball deflecting. The ball going forward is what matters. He was offside when DCL hits the ball forward. 
But, it should only be called if it hits Gylfi. Hi haven’t watched it again yet so can’t tell.

If it doesn’t hit him, then it’s blatant cheating by VAR officials. 

Screenshot_20200301_170539.jpg

Maybe this will help. 

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

Screenshot_20200301_170539.jpg

Maybe this will help. 

As far as I could see he doesn’t touch the ball, so that doesn’t count as offside does it? 
But as I said I haven’t saw the replay yet, so he could have touched it. Couldn’t be sure from what I saw.

DCLs shot was deliberate, and most definitely forward. But Gylfi HAS to touch the ball for it to be offside.