IGNORED

Chelsea (Away) Sunday March 8th

markjazzbassist

We are playing well and building something.  We beat them last time, let’s do it again.  They have a weak Backline and DCL and Richarlison should bully them.  I think we can win.  

Pickford

coleman Holgate Mina Baines

Walcott Gomes Davies bernard

DCL richarlison

10 hours ago, Btay said:

Tough game.

Expecting lampard to set them up in an attacking 4-4-3 knowing he’s got VAR between the sticks that’s kept out more goals than any keeper this season.

Hopefully we match them on that formation otherwise we don't stand a chance against an extra man! 😜

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

In an ideal world Carlo is on the touchline for this game, however if there's anyone else I'd rather have it'd be big Dunc. 

There'll be a line of communication set up between Carlo and Dunc anyway; I don't think they're allowed a direct one but easy to overcome that.

31 minutes ago, RPG said:

Normally, I would take a point at Chelsea but after the last 2 games where we are 3 points worse off than we should be, a win is really vital if we are to seriously think of getting back into the mix for Europe next season.

At least you talk sense when you talk football :P 

59 minutes ago, RPG said:

Chelsea played really well tonight when they beat Liverpool. And Barkley scored a cracker. They will be buzzing when we play them at the weekend.

This game just got a bit harder I think.

On the flip side Kovacic and Willian might be injured, plus their home form has been jittery this season. 

And I'd imagine the lads will be well up for it after being robbed against united. 

I'm looking forward to the game. 

4 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Come on, we all know he will roll a short pass out to Sidibe who will lose possession and give Chelsea a free shot that Pickford will casually let roll underneath him.

Kepa proved last night that even shite keepers make awesome saves when they don't have to think about it.

Interesting analysis:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1635357

Compensating for aerial weakness

Another advantage Chelsea have when using three centre-backs is the extra height it gives them when defending set-pieces and crosses.

This has been an area of weakness throughout Lampard's first season in charge at Stamford Bridge.

Most aerial goals conceded 2019/20
Headed goals Goals from corners
Club Total Club Total
AVL 11 AVL 9
WOL 9 NOR 9
CHE 8 CHE 8
NOR 8 MUN 8
  WHU 8

Meanwhile, Sunday's opponents Everton have scored the most goals from corners, with nine, and boast the twin aerial threats of Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison.

So despite beating Liverpool 2-0 in the FA Cup this week with a back four, it may be prudent for Lampard to consider reverting to a back three.

Bringing in an extra centre-back, while releasing Alonso and James to play further forward, could pay off against the Toffees.

9 hours ago, DavisJD said:

Interesting analysis:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1635357

Compensating for aerial weakness

Another advantage Chelsea have when using three centre-backs is the extra height it gives them when defending set-pieces and crosses.

This has been an area of weakness throughout Lampard's first season in charge at Stamford Bridge.

Most aerial goals conceded 2019/20
Headed goals Goals from corners
Club Total Club Total
AVL 11 AVL 9
WOL 9 NOR 9
CHE 8 CHE 8
NOR 8 MUN 8
  WHU 8

Meanwhile, Sunday's opponents Everton have scored the most goals from corners, with nine, and boast the twin aerial threats of Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison.

So despite beating Liverpool 2-0 in the FA Cup this week with a back four, it may be prudent for Lampard to consider reverting to a back three.

Bringing in an extra centre-back, while releasing Alonso and James to play further forward, could pay off against the Toffees.

With Mina’s aerial prowess for his country it’s disappointing he hasn’t got himself on the most scored list. 

Would have preffered Mina against Giroud. Hopefully the lads go in hard against Barkley today would get the away fans going! 

Sigurdsson still finds a way into this team somehow, how many times can he give possession away today then.