Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Chelsea (Away) Sunday March 8th

1 minute ago, plaidharper said:

If you watch it back, Davies communicates and points to have Keane pick up Mount. Keane doesn’t move an inch, in that moment, during the goal, or after. Maybe Davies shouldn’t have handed him off but still Keane was ball watching.

Ha. Ball watching for the second too. Too early for Mina?

That's not the type of near post save that he should always be making though. From there Mount could easily put it into both corners. His positioning is spot on, I just think he is caught out by the turn and cleanness of the strike. It's just a good goal and all the questions should be asked of Davies for letting it happen. 

Just now, Bailey said:

That's not the type of near post save that he should always be making though. From there Mount could easily put it into both corners. His positioning is spot on, I just think he is caught out by the turn and cleanness of the strike. It's just a good goal and all the questions should be asked of Davies for letting it happen. 

He's far from solely at fault but he wasn't spot on.  Should be saving those. 

Ffs dom slide that. 

It all starts again because we are 3 v 2 in midfield. Gilmour, Barkley and Mount have so much space. No-one gets close to Giroud and Barkley threads a great ball. 

I have no idea what Sidibe was doing.  Pedro is his man and he just watches him run in behind. They will get so much joy from running off him, he is useless at following his man.

That’s the one and only problem with DCL is his ability to finish when he has time. Issue is that it is a fairly big issue for a striker. I feel if it was Richy it would if been 2-1 

3 minutes ago, barryj said:

That’s the one and only problem with DCL is his ability to finish when he has time. Issue is that it is a fairly big issue for a striker. I feel if it was Richy it would if been 2-1 

I agree 100%. 

Can Theo play Right Back?

It's pointless playing two up front when there is no service to them. We need to either sort the midfield out or get Richy playing deeper.

If Carlo doesn't shake things up dramatically at half time, the only question will be 'How many?' And it could well be a few.

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Davies is hanging Sidibe out to dry he looks completely fucked. 

I’m not sure you can blame Davies for Sidibe not trapping that 😂🤦‍♂️

Richie made two really good runs when DCL had the ball there. Didn't see the first one at all and the second one would have been tough but his own movement just took him wide instead of driving at them. 

Awful tactics. Siggy off for Kean, put him on the RW and put Bernard where he should be. Can’t blame the tactics completely, the whole team is asleep 

Absolutely dreadful. Players should be ashamed of themselves after that half of football. The system isn't working and not a single one of them took any initiative. 

Sidebe has topped his worst performance this season which is quite a feat. Davies absolutely woeful, Sigurdsson anonymous yet again and as a whole whenever we have had a chance to break the ball has ended up with our centre halves over and over again. 

Abysmal and by far the worst I've seen us under Ancellotti.

I can't see how we are going to get back in this game. 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Whats Gana up to??? We miss him badly in games like this. 

Wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference with this approach. This first half is purely on Carlos shoulders 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference with this approach. This first half is purely on Carlos shoulders 

The 4-4-2 just isn't suitable against the better sides in the league. If we aren't going to have the lion's share of the possession then we will be left far too exposed in midfield. 

10 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Get Sidibé off, Mina on, go 3-5-2.  Their midfield is totally overrunning us.

I favoured that initially but I can't really see how we can make it work with sensible substitutions.

Maybe:

Holgate. Keane. Mina

Walcott. Gomes. Siggy. Iwobi. Bernard

DCL. Richy

But that is all 3 subs used. Or, keep Digne on initially and play him lwb with Bernard inside and Iwobi still on the bench.

It's tough out there for the players. They are getting overrun everywhere. Chelsea are making 3 v 2 or 2 v 1 in almost every attack and even at the back, because we aren't getting the ball into the front two quick enough they are outnumbered too. 

In that first goal once they play through the lines it's 3 v 1 against Sidibe, Davies gets in to make it 3 v 2 but in this league you are going to pay for that and I actually feel a bit sorry for Davies because he tucks in to make sure Pedro doesn't get past Sidibe easily but that leaves Mount alone with Gomes on Willian instead of shifting across. 

In that second goal Holgate gives it away and once Gilmour turns, Gomes goes to press but that leaves 3 v 1 around Davies, Holgate doesn't help him by pressing Giroud and then it's a free ball with Sidibe sleeping. 

Football is an easy game if you keep outnumbering your opponent.

Just now, Hafnia said:

I'd put holgate in midfield.  

The good news is half these players aren't gonna be here in August. 

I agree about Holgate. Sod this passing it out rubbish. Put their CB's under pressure and get it long into the front two and then win the second ball in their half. Holgate will give us some legs in midfield that we don't have now and get some pace on the other wing instead of flogging Siggy around for another 45 mins.

7 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

The 4-4-2 just isn't suitable against the better sides in the league. If we aren't going to have the lion's share of the possession then we will be left far too exposed in midfield. 

Especially not with the midfielders we have who have no legs whatsoever. They need to cover ground and ours can't.