Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to mention the 750,000 who have volunteered to help out; shouldn't be needed really but they deserve recognition as well.

Sorry to hear about your aunt it's a tragedy for too many at the moment. Bittersweet to have the good news with the bad but all the best to your brother in law.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I want to know how long the Virus can live on raw meat 🥩 hours or days, and can staff and shoppers catch it at Asda stores from touching the packaging. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pete0 said:

This country is fucked politically, the blind tribal influences that lead people to follow like lambs to the slaughter, certain factions no matter what their failings or crimes to the populace is staggering.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to have a test because I have a hospital appt on Thursday 16th, before which I have to self isolate for seven days. Test will be at Sandy Park (Exeter's rugby stadium) so waiting for a call as to when.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just arrived in England and the difference in behaviour between here and Switzerland is massive, nearly incomparable. So many more people just not doing basics, even the 60+’s; no masks, brushing past people even just openly coughing. It’s absolutely shocking to see considering everything that’s happened here. The government have a lot to answer for but if this has been the general behaviour of people, so has the population. I’m just lost for words 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/07/2020 at 15:05, MikeO said:

Got to have a test because I have a hospital appt on Thursday 16th, before which I have to self isolate for seven days. Test will be at Sandy Park (Exeter's rugby stadium) so waiting for a call as to when.

Just got the call, tomorrow lunchtime. Feels kind of weird to be actually personally confronted with the reality of it when for the last 3/4 months it's been this "thing" that we all know about but has actually directly impacted on few of us, Palfy being the only one on here who's had relatives affected and I know of nobody elsewhere online and in the flesh. I'm totally confident the test will be negative but I'm thinking it's going to be a bit of a surreal experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Just got the call, tomorrow lunchtime. Feels kind of weird to be actually personally confronted with the reality of it when for the last 3/4 months it's been this "thing" that we all know about but has actually directly impacted on few of us, Palfy being the only one on here who's had relatives affected and I know of nobody elsewhere online and in the flesh. I'm totally confident the test will be negative but I'm thinking it's going to be a bit of a surreal experience.

It would be nice to know especially if they could also confirm if you have had it in the past, but the unknown before the test must be worrying for a few reasons, especially when you’re wife and yourself are more at risk than most if you had contacted it. Good luck Mike I’m sure you won’t need it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Palfy said:

It would be nice to know especially if they could also confirm if you have had it in the past, but the unknown before the test must be worrying for a few reasons, especially when you’re wife and yourself are more at risk than most if you had contacted it. Good luck Mike I’m sure you won’t need it.  

Cheers Palf. Indicative of the handling of this though that all the tests down here are being carried out by a charity that gets not a penny from the government. Shameful.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sold my place in Spain last year on the 14/09 to couple from Romford who have taken early retirement, I’m flying out to Spain on the 16th to put stuff in storage and sign legal completion at the notary. 
Covid has delayed this for 6 months they’ve had to put there life on hold since February, what seems trivial to some is huge to others, Covid has affected so many in different ways. 

14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Cheers Palf. Indicative of the handling of this though that all the tests down here are being carried out by a charity that gets not a penny from the government. Shameful.

Unbelievable Mike, but a credit to the British spirit of we will always find away forward even if we are not backed by the powers to be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cor blimey they don't mess around with those "swabs"! Two right to the back of the throat, one on the left and one on the right; choke inducing. Then one up each nostril that bring tears to your eyes! Done though, apparently won't hear anything from them if it's "clear" so I'll be free to go into hospital oh Thursday for them to stick a few more bits and pieces in my orifices, joy.

Strange though, I was expecting it to be a hive of activity but I was the only "patient" there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

1. So let me get this straight, there’s no cure for a virus that can be killed by sanitizer and hand soap?
2. Is it too early to put up the Christmas tree yet? I have run out of things to do.
3. When this virus thing is over, I still want some of you to stay away from me.
4. If these last months have taught us anything, it’s that stupidity travels faster than any virus on the planet.
5. Just wait a second – so what you're telling me is that my chance of surviving all this is directly linked to the common sense of others? You’re kidding, right?
6. If you believe all this will end and we will get back to normal just because we reopen everything, raise your hand. Now slap yourself with it.
7. Another Saturday night in the house and I just realized the trash goes out more than me.
8. Whoever decided a liquor store is more essential than a hair salon is obviously a bald-headed alcoholic.
9. Remember when you were little and all your underwear had the days of the week on them. Those would be helpful right now.
10. The spread of Covid-19 is based on two factors: 1. How dense the population is and 2. How dense the population is.
11. Remember all those times when you wished the weekend would last forever? Well, wish granted. Happy now?
12. It may take a village to raise a child, but I swear it’s going to take a whole vineyard to home school one.
13. Did a big load of pajamas so I would have enough clean work clothes for this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

So this morning I find out one of my staff has had a positive test result. 
He took a test yesterday as he had been to London over the previous few days, no real symptoms. 
I spent a big chunk of the day with him yesterday, he had a mask on the vast majority of the time and we didn’t get too close. But I’ve got to be honest, I’m concerned. I don’t have any symptoms myself, but last night I had hold of my 21 day old daughter for a few hours and feeling a bit concerned if I’ve passed it on to her. 
Ive had a test this morning but chances are that’s probably a bit too soon after coming into contact with someone who has it. 

My house is a bit of a weird place to be today. The missus and baby are in another room. I’m not going near the kitchen.

Im absolutely positive everything will be fine. But I can’t help worrying about it anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StevO said:

So this morning I find out one of my staff has had a positive test result. 
He took a test yesterday as he had been to London over the previous few days, no real symptoms. 
I spent a big chunk of the day with him yesterday, he had a mask on the vast majority of the time and we didn’t get too close. But I’ve got to be honest, I’m concerned. I don’t have any symptoms myself, but last night I had hold of my 21 day old daughter for a few hours and feeling a bit concerned if I’ve passed it on to her. 
Ive had a test this morning but chances are that’s probably a bit too soon after coming into contact with someone who has it. 

My house is a bit of a weird place to be today. The missus and baby are in another room. I’m not going near the kitchen.

Im absolutely positive everything will be fine. But I can’t help worrying about it anyway. 

Strange times mate you go to work to live not to bring crap back to the family, I hope everything turns out well Steve and keep positive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Strange times mate you go to work to live not to bring crap back to the family, I hope everything turns out well Steve and keep positive. 

Thanks mate. 
Im sure it will, just hope I’ve not made the baby sick but that’s worse case scenario. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a negative test result back this morning. But a relative who’s a doctor is telling me that having a test within 24 hours of being in contact with someone who has it was probably too soon. I should have waited three days for it to incubate apparently. 
And my boss wants me back in work ASAP even though the guidelines say isolate for 14 days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, StevO said:

Got a negative test result back this morning. But a relative who’s a doctor is telling me that having a test within 24 hours of being in contact with someone who has it was probably too soon. I should have waited three days for it to incubate apparently. 
And my boss wants me back in work ASAP even though the guidelines say isolate for 14 days. 

That’s good news mate the negative result, what are you going to do about work, does your boss no you’ve had a negative result, also if you test negative do you still have to isolate for 14 days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Palfy said:

That’s good news mate the negative result, what are you going to do about work, does your boss no you’ve had a negative result, also if you test negative do you still have to isolate for 14 days. 

Yeah, my boss knows it was negative. The only other person who was exposed as well as me has been furloughed for two weeks. I’d rather the same for me to reduce the risk but not happening.

You should still isolate for 14 days by the guidance. But I’ll have another test in the next few days, if that’s negative then I won’t complain about working. Not ideal though. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How insane is it when everyone at my wife's funeral on Friday (even children) have to wear a mask but after when we go to a nearby pub don't have to wear them at all? Fucking ridiculous.

Reading on the crematoriums website they actually ask that people remain in their cars in the car park ahead of going in but not been told that directly so won't. Screw that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MikeO said:

How insane is it when everyone at my wife's funeral on Friday (even children) have to wear a mask but after when we go to a nearby pub don't have to wear them at all? Fucking ridiculous.

Reading on the crematoriums website they actually ask that people remain in their cars in the car park ahead of going in but not been told that directly so won't. Screw that.

Nothing make sense when it comes to what is and isn’t acceptable with Coronavirus. 
My thoughts will be with you on Friday mate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MikeO said:

How insane is it when everyone at my wife's funeral on Friday (even children) have to wear a mask but after when we go to a nearby pub don't have to wear them at all? Fucking ridiculous.

Reading on the crematoriums website they actually ask that people remain in their cars in the car park ahead of going in but not been told that directly so won't. Screw that.

I thought I had it bad today wearing a mask for 10 hours during a training. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Surely that party is heading for a revolt.... Not all of them can be so deluded that their twattish toff actions can carry on. 

Milliband kicked Boris all over the show yesterday, it was embarrassing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Is this what the people fought for all those years ago when they took power from the Loyalist to give to the people’s parliament, because it very much feels like Loyalists are in complete power to me, and the people can swivel and do one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

isn't shooting an organised outdoor sport? If I can play organised football with God knows who then why can't they go out on an organised shoot? 

Furthermore I dont believe any of the devolved governments have done any different. Its less clear for N Ireland and Wales but Scotland definitely allows it.

It's political point scoring. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bailey said:

isn't shooting an organised outdoor sport? If I can play organised football with God knows who then why can't they go out on an organised shoot? 

Furthermore I dont believe any of the devolved governments have done any different. Its less clear for N Ireland and Wales but Scotland definitely allows it.

It's political point scoring. 

 

What sport channel is it on? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bailey said:

isn't shooting an organised outdoor sport? If I can play organised football with God knows who then why can't they go out on an organised shoot? 

Furthermore I dont believe any of the devolved governments have done any different. Its less clear for N Ireland and Wales but Scotland definitely allows it.

It's political point scoring. 

 

No Bailey game shooting isn’t really an organised sport, there are no leagues or competitions that I am a ware of, now target shooting isn’t a different matter plenty of clubs and leagues across the country. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are all probably going to get it.   

Get yourselves and you family on vitamin D3, 5000 i.u per day.  If you can get one with vitamin K included to stop calcium being absorbed in arteries 

Vitamin D was the reason ethnic groups were hit harder, darker skin does not produce vitamin D as easy. 

The studies will come out but not get much exposure, vitamin D is your immune system vitamin.  Moreso than vitamin C

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

We are all probably going to get it.   

Get yourselves and you family on vitamin D3, 5000 i.u per day.  If you can get one with vitamin K included to stop calcium being absorbed in arteries 

Vitamin D was the reason ethnic groups were hit harder, darker skin does not produce vitamin D as easy. 

The studies will come out but not get much exposure, vitamin D is your immune system vitamin.  Moreso than vitamin C

I said that around March in another forum and was called an idiot, racist and what not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Haiku said:

I said that around March in another forum and was called an idiot, racist and what not.

It's a biological fact.  Darker skin requires longer exposure to more intense sunlight in order to produce enough vitamin D.  You can't produce vitamin D using sun block either... 

 I said it years ago that big pharma didn't like vitamin D, it's a powerful cheap vitamin that stops people getting sick.

results out from Spain ....  In a university hospital they administered vitamin D in its pure converted form (the tablets take a week to convert in the liver etc).  50% of covid admisions without vitamin D needed ICU,  of the people given Vitamin D - only 2% needed ICU.  

 

It won't get the publicity it deserves though .....

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2020/09/08/spanish-study-finds-vitamin-d-may-keep-covid-patients-out-of-intensive-care/amp/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...