IGNORED

Liverpool Derby (Home) Sunday June 21st

markjazzbassist

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I can't see it getting cancelled, there'd be uproar. A suspension is looking very likely now though.

Trouble is the virus peak is not for weeks, maybe months, if you have teams isolated now it is only going to get worse in terms of numbers of players, coaches infected etc.

With the Euros and Olympics in the summer unless they cancel them I dont see how they can make up the games in time. 

41 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Trouble is the virus peak is not for weeks, maybe months, if you have teams isolated now it is only going to get worse in terms of numbers of players, coaches infected etc.

With the Euros and Olympics in the summer unless they cancel them I dont see how they can make up the games in time. 

They’ll have to cancel the league. It’ll upset the fans over the park but it’s more important than football. 
Not sure how it would work though. I can’t see how they’ll make up the games, then there’s the Euros, transfer window etc. It was hard enough for them to arrange  a winter break. 

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Sources were already saying the Euro’s would be delayed until 2021. I just don’t see away the league doesn’t get completed, it’s just a matter of when. 

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Sources were already saying the Euro’s would be delayed until 2021. I just don’t see away the league doesn’t get completed, it’s just a matter of when. 

But it has to be completed before the next season starts and that’ll be a push. Then there’s no break for the players. Transfer window complications etc etc

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I agree they will probably postpone the Euros, but if the peak is in April / May I doubt games will be played before mid end of May. I dont want it to happen, be a nightmare in terms of relegation and European places. I just think that is the way it will go. It's going to get messy.

33 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I agree they will probably postpone the Euros, but if the peak is in April / May I doubt games will be played before mid end of May. I dont want it to happen, be a nightmare in terms of relegation and European places. I just think that is the way it will go. It's going to get messy.

If the season gets cancelled I can see things being taken to court. It’s going to be hilarious watching the shite make it all about them and seeing the footballing world see them for what they really are. 

49 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Neil Lennon saying that Celtic should be given the league title in Scotland if the thing doesn't complete. Rubbish.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51875701

We've been done over by two World Wars, where we were champions but couldn't defend; and then in terms of European stuff by the ban in 1985. About time they got something taken away from them, I'd love it.

If they were mathematically champions already then that would be different, but they’re not (Celtic and the shite) so I don’t see how anyone could go for that. 

On 12/03/2020 at 20:16, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Was supposed to be there. First derby. Devastated. F***ing COVID-19 keeping us stateside. It's so selfish but if i'm being honest i hope we draw. I can't handle the thought of not being there to see the victory. 

You’ve been spared in more ways than one. 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

There is absolutely no reason for fixtures to be moved to neutral venues. How does it have any bearing on security when during normal times the games can be played as usual at home or away?

The Merseyside police have no objections to the game’s being played in the City even the Derby, I think that’s what I heard reported from them.