IGNORED

Light in the Dark

MikeO

Crap times for all of us so how about a new thread with positive stuff? Anything is good.

For me today I went out for a walk and saw a "blue plaque" in the village that I'd not seen before; googling says it was only unveiled last year (non Brits will probably need to google "blue plaque") and the woman that it recognises has only a very small Wikipedia page.

My great grandfather has a hugely bigger Wiki page but no blue plaque so it's become my lifes' work to get him one; anyone can nominate; and I know where he lived because my mum moved in with him when her dad died when she was five.

When it happens I'll post photos of my smug face stood in front of a house that celebrates the peak of my familial brain, it's been downhill ever since.:P

I’ve had just over week at home out of what I’m expecting to be 12, and my body clock is all over the place, I usually get up 5:30 in the morning take the dog out for an hour have breakfast in the office by 8:30 back by 6-6:30 in bed by 9:30 head down by 11:00.

Now I’m not getting up till 8:00 and getting my head down between 11:30 and 12:00 and I’ve never felt so knackered, to be honest I can’t wait to get back to work the boredom is killing me.  

8 hours ago, Matt said:

A clear blue sky with no planes over head, no noise from traffic or construction, cooking loads of stuff from scratch and time with my girls (moments of cabin fever aside)!

I noticed the no planes yesterday. We're between Exeter and Bristol airports so normally there are loads, plus the ones at higher altitude heading to/from London on transatlantic routes, was weird. Also strangely the few people we "met" (from a distance) were far more friendly than usual, was chatting with strangers which would never normally happen. 

17 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I noticed the no planes yesterday. We're between Exeter and Bristol airports so normally there are loads, plus the ones at higher altitude heading to/from London on transatlantic routes, was weird. Also strangely the few people we "met" (from a distance) were far more friendly than usual, was chatting with strangers which would never normally happen. 

We are returning back to basics and there’s something quite refreshing about that, it’s such a shame that something so deadly has had to show us that there’s more to life than we have been accustomed to. 
Just occurred to me that my light in the dark from my posts is to say at best still very gloomy 😔 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

We’re in the centre of Europe and on the flight path to GVA so there’s usually loads (although rarely hear him. The jets that practice runs down the valley on the other hand now and again...) so it’s been extremely obvious for me. I’d send you a photo but lost all my contacts when the old phone died, drop me a message off you like and I’ll send you some pics

Everyone always says hello passing here, that’s not changed. I say good morning etc when I’m in the UK and I usually get a funny look :lol:

On 02/04/2020 at 09:32, Matt said:

We’re in the centre of Europe and on the flight path to GVA so there’s usually loads (although rarely hear him. The jets that practice runs down the valley on the other hand now and again...) so it’s been extremely obvious for me.

When I was growing up we lived about four miles from Wisley airfield which was used as a Vickers test flight center, we used to have planes overhead all the time; some of them sounded like they were going to land in the garden.:unsure:

14 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

My son made 6 years old today.  I’m so thankful for a healthy and happy son, I love him.  Thankful for the wife and daughter too, but today is his day.  Lots of Pokémon gifts and a razor scooter, even got some cupcakes delivered in the lockdown.  Simple day but joy filled.  Very grateful.

Congratulations MJB. My daughter turns 5 in May, and I'm hoping we'll be able to make it a good day despite everything going on.

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Matt said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-52106420

Thread title seems to be quite fitting

Funny enough wife and Josh were talking about Everton shirts this morning and he mentioned that Hummel would be making them next season; she said, "..never heard of them, isn't that what the big space telegraph is called?"😂

Stunning image though.

On 04/04/2020 at 23:50, markjazzbassist said:

My son made 6 years old today.  I’m so thankful for a healthy and happy son, I love him.  Thankful for the wife and daughter too, but today is his day.  Lots of Pokémon gifts and a razor scooter, even got some cupcakes delivered in the lockdown.  Simple day but joy filled.  Very grateful.

Mark, only just spotted this.  Belated happy birthday to your son.  6 year old birthday's are just happy memories for me.  My eldest is 60 this year!  Still love them though.  Make the most of their childhood Mark, it will soon be nattering teenager's.😄