IGNORED

Poll: Finish or void the season

Poll: Should the league be voided or finished?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should the league be voided or finished?

• Void. Restart 20/21 with all the same teams as 19/20
    • Void. Restart the season with 22 teams, the top 2 from the Championship
    • Finish. Delay 20/21 until all games played.
    • Finish. Use current points per game to determine
    • Finish: Use mini play offs to determine

11 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i voted 2nd option but would like a third option.  

Void, bottom 3 dropped, top 3 championship promoted.  that simple.

That'd be the bottom option to use the points per game to determine the league. 

Voted for the bottom option, but I really like the second option as well. Bias aside, I think it would be unfair to not give Pool the title and also not promote/relegate the teams that are in those spots. I think if their had been less games I would say void, but I think we have enough of a sample size to determine where most teams would/should finish. 

Just my opinion of course. 

I think it's too early to say really, if the virus lasts in full force until August/September then I think the best solution would be to void the season and start the new one behind closed doors or with staggered seating in the crowd.

Taking bias out of the equation, every effort should be made to finish the season. If it was the other way around and we were 14,000 points clear you'd be miffed to say the least that the season had been cancelled, when so many options are still available. I'm personally in favour of temporarily restructuring the calendar so that the summer break moves to winter, which would help no end in 2022 when the World Cup starts in Qatar. 

18 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Taking bias out of the equation, every effort should be made to finish the season. If it was the other way around and we were 14,000 points clear you'd be miffed to say the least that the season had been cancelled,

I'd be annoyed not to win but we all know the rules and personally I'd say they're fair. If Liverpool weren't who they are and hadn't won it in so long I don't even think it would be up for discussion. Well other than by the money people. Thing is it would be harsher on the teams relegated but all the focus just seems to be on whether Liverpool will win or not which just goes to show they're not really thinking what's best/fairest for everyone. 

My choice would be the following, going on what the FA has said about lower leagues:

For the PL, take 2nd to 7th and have a play off competition / mini league to determine the CL and Europa spots. Take the bottom 5 of the PL and top 5 of the Championship and again have a play off competition. For the sake of money per position, the money should be pooled and split evenly to ensure that all clubs get some help. You could apply this approach to the other leagues too, extending to top + bottom 6  where it's tighter. It's not perfect but I think it would work as a compromise.

I'd also give that lot the title, because I'd rather wind them up about not really winning it, than listening about how they were cheated. They're bitter enough as it is, I couldn't listen to the bleating if they didn't get the title. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I'd also give that lot the title, because I'd rather wind them up about not really winning it, than listening about how they were cheated. They're bitter enough as it is, I couldn't listen to the bleating if they didn't get the title. 

Good point that; if it happened their record would always have a * by 2019/20.

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Now that makes complete sense and everyone will get over the decision in time. 
Just wish the powers to be had the balls and sense to do the same here. 

Not even arsed about footy.  This virus needs to get gone.  

Got pricks like Ollie Holt looking to get PPG (point a per game) as a solution.  .He should be highlighting PPE and the absence of it costing lives..... 

Football will not be back in the essence that we knew for quite some time and I'm ok with that. I'm not ok with humans losing lives and Journos being arsed about what they want as a fair outcome to a sport. 

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Not even arsed about footy.  This virus needs to get gone.  

Got pricks like Ollie Holt looking to get PPG (point a per game) as a solution.  .He should be highlighting PPE and the absence of it costing lives..... 

Football will not be back in the essence that we knew for quite some time and I'm ok with that. I'm not ok with humans losing lives and Journos being arsed about what they want as a fair outcome to a sport. 

Make no mistake, they’re only arsed about getting the title to the shite. That’s it. They dress it up as a fight for fairness but it’s not that at all. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Make no mistake, they’re only arsed about getting the title to the shite. That’s it. They dress it up as a fight for fairness but it’s not that at all. 

That certainly seems to be the case.  It's an awful time to be a human - we are reliant on everyone thinking of each other and all people think of is themselves. 

I went to Costco today... not one person in the shop wearing a mask. 3 workers and that was it.... social distancing? Bollocks. Had to tell 2 women - one of whom had a 3 year old with her.  

Some fella smirked at me for weasring a mask and having my hood up.  The mind boggles.   

I wouldn't lift rstrictions.. I would double down and try and get true death figures out.

Two sporting events and a few pop concerts have certainly made this a long return back to normal life.

I would say "no sport, no footy, nothing, and nothing can be sorted till people behave responsibly".

Klopp certainly knew it wasn't right to play that game. 

36 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

hat certainly seems to be the case.  It's an awful time to be a human - we are reliant on everyone thinking of each other and all people think of is themselves. 

I went to Costco today... not one person in the shop wearing a mask. 3 workers and that was it.... social distancing? Bollocks. Had to tell 2 women - one of whom had a 3 year old with her.  

Some fella smirked at me for weasring a mask and having my hood up.  The mind boggles.   

I wouldn't lift rstrictions.. I would double down and try and get true death figures out.

Haf I had a totally different experience today, my wife is "shielded" so it's down to me to go shop; everyone in there (Tescos) was doing what they had to do, it took a while as I had to follow the route around but nobody complained. Made it a huge point of thanking everyone working there from trolley attendants to check-out workers.

10 hours ago, MikeO said:

Haf I had a totally different experience today, my wife is "shielded" so it's down to me to go shop; everyone in there (Tescos) was doing what they had to do, it took a while as I had to follow the route around but nobody complained. Made it a huge point of thanking everyone working there from trolley attendants to check-out workers.

Yeah my first experience at Costco 3 weeks ago was the same... except for one bloke walking round coughing into the air.

I spoke to a few workers to extend my appreciation. But everyone was fine.

For me complacency is kicking in.  There is a silent "I don't know what all the fuss Is about".... as time goes by and a population of people are unaffected and unaware they will do things that they shouldn't.   They will revert to the "its only the flu" type mentality that seen people flock to pubs on the Friday before lockdown. 

I watched the 25 minute covid documentary on netflix... very good. It shows how the flu in 1919 had different results in 2 different states.  One state had parades etc, St Louis shut down.  When it lifted the lockdown they had a spike and immediately shit down again. 

The big risk is that there are millions of animal viruses.... that theoretically shouldn't transfer to humans.  But I guess when you have a population of people eating disease carrying bats them you are screwed.