IGNORED

Thiago Silva

Think he’s an excellent signing. Mina, Holgate, Silva and one of the young lads coming through the academy is great depth. Holgate to even play just in front of Mina / Silva is promising as well.

No issue with his age, good consistent professional who would be immense for the development of players around him!

9 hours ago, Btay said:

Think he’s an excellent signing. Mina, Holgate, Silva and one of the young lads coming through the academy is great depth. Holgate to even play just in front of Mina / Silva is promising as well.

No issue with his age, good consistent professional who would be immense for the development of players around him!

Have we sold Keane. ??

Rather than his age, it's more of a case of where he is physically.  We saw it with Jags where he could come in and be great for 1 game, maybe 2 but then his legs would struggle, he got ragged and became a liability. 

He is a top player in foreign leagues but the premier league is a different kettle of fish. 

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Rather than his age, it's more of a case of where he is physically.  We saw it with Jags where he could come in and be great for 1 game, maybe 2 but then his legs would struggle, he got ragged and became a liability. 

He is a top player in foreign leagues but the premier league is a different kettle of fish. 

Exactly mate a good head will only take you so far, you need to have the legs to carry you through in this league, especially when the midfield in front of you are going to leave you exposed more often than not at the moment. 

• 1 month later...

I really don't understand the fascination with Zouma, he was OK for us IMO - nothing more, nothing less. 

There's a reason Chelsea are happy to let him go and that's because he's not (and won't be) good enough to play every single week for a European team. There's tons of players that would get ahead of him in a football team and for what it would take financially to bring him here, it just doesn't make sense for me. 

15 minutes ago, StevO said:

Doesn’t bother me lads. For me he’s better than Mina and Keane. 

Enough of an improvement to warrant a price though?

I wouldn’t mind having him here as a squad player, but if we’re buying a player, I think we need better.

Silva would be an excellent addition.

41 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Enough of an improvement to warrant a price though?

I wouldn’t mind having him here as a squad player, but if we’re buying a player, I think we need better.

Silva would be an excellent addition.

I think Silva would be great too. 

If you could get Zouma for £20m I think that would be decent business. I honestly don’t know enough other centre backs out there who I’d rather go for to suggest them. Hopefully someone at the club does though. We could have done with one today. 

4 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I really don't understand the fascination with Zouma, he was OK for us IMO - nothing more, nothing less. 

There's a reason Chelsea are happy to let him go and that's because he's not (and won't be) good enough to play every single week for a European team. There's tons of players that would get ahead of him in a football team and for what it would take financially to bring him here, it just doesn't make sense for me. 

As Stev and Baiey said if he came here he would be our best defender. He knows the club and the players and would fit in seamlessly. Also wouldn't command a huge fee. I'd really like him here.

2 hours ago, BedfordBlue said:

Id rather go on what ive seen in the league than some shit friendly. 

I hear what your saying but I don’t think they can be really called that as there are only three friendlies before we get going. I want Everton to be at their best every game and get into a winning habit. We all to easily throw comments like this at games that don’t go our way or against inferior opposition but that’s not the winning mentality I want our team to have. They do mean something otherwise we wouldn’t have them. Look at our neighbours over the park a win against better opposition in their opening friendly, Spurs another.