IGNORED

Philippe Coutinho

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Thanks for the reminder and ruining my night :lol:.

And I kept away from these inflated fees Niasse, Bolasie, Tosun, Klaassen and Walcott. 

We did pay just over 7 million loan fee for Zouma by comparison. 

8 hours ago, barryj said:

And I kept away from these inflated fees Niasse, Bolasie, Tosun, Klaassen and Walcott. 

We did pay just over 7 million loan fee for Zouma by comparison. 

Sigurdsson and Bolasie are the ones that are going to live with me always. They've both turned out to be far more disastrous than I thought, and I really thought they'd be bad signings!

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Sigurdsson and Bolasie are the ones that are going to live with me always. They've both turned out to be far more disastrous than I thought, and I really thought they'd be bad signings!

I agree but the money we paid for others is also crazy. To think that Walcott is the best out of them! Over 100 million combined and what have we really got from that? Other than Siggy not one other has consistently been in the team. Really is madness. 

15 minutes ago, barryj said:

I agree but the money we paid for others is also crazy. To think that Walcott is the best out of them! Over 100 million combined and what have we really got from that? Other than Siggy not one other has consistently been in the team. Really is madness. 

it was a crazy time.  liverpool spent 100m on fabinho and keita, and i don't rate either of them.  everyone was getting fleeced in the pL during that time.

54 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

it was a crazy time.  liverpool spent 100m on fabinho and keita, and i don't rate either of them.  everyone was getting fleeced in the pL during that time.

Fabinho is a very good player and Keita can be but he is inconsisitent. They were both streets ahead of our midfield on Sunday!

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Fabinho is a very good player and Keita can be but he is inconsisitent. They were both streets ahead of our midfield on Sunday!

i disagree, if both of them were playing for west ham no one would rate them.  they would be considered massive flops. it's the big club bias.  like walcott and ox got at arsenal, now they have been found out (i've never rated either of them even at arsenal).  

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i disagree, if both of them were playing for west ham no one would rate them.  they would be considered massive flops. it's the big club bias.  like walcott and ox got at arsenal, now they have been found out (i've never rated either of them even at arsenal).  

Though I agree with the sentiment, Ox is part of a team who are picking up medals. When he’s fit he tends to play. The only thing he’s been found out about is his injury record.  

11 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

But they’re an active part of a title winning side and have a champions league medal as well. Not sure your comparison stands up to shipping them all out on loan (except Walcott) just to get them off our books. Little to no resale value. 

31 minutes ago, barryj said:

But they’re an active part of a title winning side and have a champions league medal as well. Not sure your comparison stands up to shipping them all out on loan (except Walcott) just to get them off our books. Little to no resale value. 

sorry not sure i made my point clear, i was rambling on. 

i was stating the market was nuts at that time with players getting 3-4 times their actual value in transfer fees.  The PL had just signed a bumper TV deal and revenues were off the chart.  Gylfi for 40m, when he was bought by spurs a few years before for only 11m (and sold to swans for 11.1m).  I don't think we will see that this summer after COVID (in the PL), and as our friend Matt on here has said consistently, "the market will correct itself".  and i believe COVID will have done that.

23 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Fabinho is one of the best defensive midfielders in the league and has been an integral part of this title winning team. 

Keita is one that I will take the point on. I'm not convinced yet but there is something about him. 

I agree about Walcott but Ox is a far superior footballer as I said at the time (and told I was wrong) and he has been a huge player for Liverpool since he got fit again. 

None of these players are world beaters and might look average in other teams but they are a very good fit for the team that bought them and unfortunately that is all that really matters.

13 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

sorry not sure i made my point clear, i was rambling on. 

i was stating the market was nuts at that time with players getting 3-4 times their actual value in transfer fees.  The PL had just signed a bumper TV deal and revenues were off the chart.  Gylfi for 40m, when he was bought by spurs a few years before for only 11m (and sold to swans for 11.1m).  I don't think we will see that this summer after COVID (in the PL), and as our friend Matt on here has said consistently, "the market will correct itself".  and i believe COVID will have done that.

The transfer market was broken from the second Neymar was sold to PSG for £198m. From the second that transfer was made the market value of everybody was readjusted, leading to the crazy fees that have been spent over the past couple of years.

Ousmane Dembele, who was brought in to replace Neymar (after one season at Rennes, and one at BVB) cost over £100m as a result of the adjusted fees - there's no way he would cost a fraction of that pre-Neymar. João Felix, after one season with Benfica cost over £100m in his transfer to Atletico Madrid. Again, no way this would have been the case pre-Neymar. 

Covid might be a factor in reducing fees, Barcelona are looking at swap deals (Arthur Melo & Pjanic at the moment) and other top clubs have already confirmed they'll be less active in the upcoming window. We'll just wait and see. 

5 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

The transfer market was broken from the second Neymar was sold to PSG for £198m. From the second that transfer was made the market value of everybody was readjusted, leading to the crazy fees that have been spent over the past couple of years.

Ousmane Dembele, who was brought in to replace Neymar (after one season at Rennes, and one at BVB) cost over £100m as a result of the adjusted fees - there's no way he would cost a fraction of that pre-Neymar. João Felix, after one season with Benfica cost over £100m in his transfer to Atletico Madrid. Again, no way this would have been the case pre-Neymar. 

Covid might be a factor in reducing fees, Barcelona are looking at swap deals (Arthur Melo & Pjanic at the moment) and other top clubs have already confirmed they'll be less active in the upcoming window. We'll just wait and see. 

agreed, i was going to mention neymar as the thing that broke it all as well.  im excited to see the market this summer, i think it will be interesting, swap deals, players on a free, clubs cutting players and selling just to free up funds.  if moshiri is doing ok financially i'd love to see us try and take advantage.