IGNORED

Norwich City (Away) Wednesday June 24

markjazzbassist

59 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I'd like to see the same team, including Iwobi. I would like to see Kean come on for at least 30 minutes.

Can't stand Iwobi but completely agree with you. He's earned his place for doing his job well in the derby and if he can't make an impact against Norwich can he ever? Same with Kean. 

Our bench is wank.  Need the starting 11 to do the job.  Cuco Martina in a match-day squad is an embarrassment.  On Iwobi v Gordon, though Iwobi was very responsible at the derby.  Never lost his man, battled hard, did a job.  Hopefully today we can see him going forward.  For me you really can't be playing both Bernard and Gordon in the same starting 11, even against the bottom of the league team, too lightweight.

Daniel Farke has already stressed that this is a ''must-win'' game for them, the last time I looked they were seven points from safety so they really can't afford to drop points. Keeping things tight and frustrating them is the way to go here, the more it stays at 0-0 the more they will force the ball. Counter-attacking with a front four of Bernard, Iwobi and the two strikers should hopefully see us have some joy. It'd be nice to put the game to bed in the first half so that we can rotate and rest legs, I'd obviously take a simple 1-0 win but against what is factually the worst team in the division I'm hoping for some fun. 

55 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

iwobi stealing a wage, would have put gordon in over him.  other than that i'm happy with the lineup.

As much as I agree, hopefully this is a chance for him to prove himself before the transfer window opens. If we could get back what we paid for him on what I've seen so far, I'd happily let him move on to another club.

Great how we're lining up in an orange kit, always thought that yellow clashed with blue... 🤡

We're losing the midfield battle, Davies and Gomes not having starts to write home about. Keane too is looking really sloppy at the back and being carried by Mason at the moment.

Hopefully we can get a grip in the next 15 minutes as I wouldn't fancy trying to break these down with a 1-0 advantage. 

1 minute ago, barryj said:

He’s having a shocker. Half time? 

Half time at best, it's one of the worst performances I've seen and the conditions shouldn't be a factor. I'd be surprised if he's made 25% of his passes, horrendous ball retention and one of the biggest factors as to why Norwich are having so much freedom.

The strikers press high, Norwich play is long, the defence wins the header and then Davies gives it away.