IGNORED

Leicester City (Home) Wednesday July 1st

markjazzbassist

Rodgers had them in top gear before the break, but since the break they had draws with Watford and Brighton, so they aren't up to speed yet.  Let's hope being at Goodison and getting a week of rest and training will help us get the fitness levels we need.  Realistically i'd take a draw, but i think if we get the lineup right out of the box, maybe just maybe 3 points smash and grab could be in order :)

Pickford

Coleman Keane Holgate Digne

Iwobi Gomes Gylfi Bernard

DCL     Richarlison

6 minutes ago, barryj said:

And they’ve got a tough FA cup match against Chelsea on Sunday. Hopefully that and the fact Carlo will have a full week to prepare the team should bode well. 

i didn't know that, thank you.  well let's hope Brenda puts out a weak side against us then.  I'd love to see Tielmans, Maddison, Ndiddi, and Vardy all on the bench.

Like a lot of teams they struggled the other night, just thought I’d mention that just in case people think it’s only us who haven’t come back firing on all cylinders. 
I can see it being a close game but with our defence registering to shut outs they will be full of confidence, predict a win for us no negative comments please let’s believe and be positive. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Like a lot of teams they struggled the other night, just thought I’d mention that just in case people think it’s only us who haven’t come back firing on all cylinders. 
I can see it being a close game but with our defence registering to shut outs they will be full of confidence, predict a win for us no negative comments please let’s believe and be positive. 

I think Carlo has got it bang on these 2 games - I assume he watched a lot of the German league and saw a lack of cohesion going forward with most teams.

We are so well organised at the back - which is think is the most important right now. Hard to score against and rely on a bit of quality up top to knick a goal.

5 hours ago, Btay said:

I think Carlo has got it bang on these 2 games - I assume he watched a lot of the German league and saw a lack of cohesion going forward with most teams.

We are so well organised at the back - which is think is the most important right now. Hard to score against and rely on a bit of quality up top to knick a goal.

The perfect game plan don’t concede and you can’t lose,  simple really. 

11 hours ago, Btay said:

I do too, i think he understood what teams would be like coming back and realized tactically if we can stay defensively sound, that gives us the best opportunity regardless of fitness or the other sides tactics.  so far it's working.  i hope it continues.  

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Not even close. No hoofing, no negative play. There’s a huge difference between parking the bus and being well structured 

There was plenty of hoofing and a lot went back to Pickford to wellie clear in the derby.  

Either way that's not the point I was making, in fact to quote Pete or Haf, I can't remember which, I believe you are strawmaning me. Are you denying that the Allardyce tactic was not to not concede and not lose first over taking risks to win the game?

56 minutes ago, Bailey said:

There was plenty of hoofing and a lot went back to Pickford to wellie clear in the derby.  

Either way that's not the point I was making, in fact to quote Pete or Haf, I can't remember which, I believe you are strawmaning me. Are you denying that the Allardyce tactic was not to not concede and not lose first over taking risks to win the game?

To be honest to put Allardyce and tactics in the same sentence, is an insult to the game of football imo. 

23 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

They’ve played their strongest side in the FA cup match with Chelsea.  Which to me signals this is the priority not our match.  

I think it just shows that they're taking the cup as seriously as they are their CL hopes, they'll put out their strongest XI on Wednesday as well. Just how it should be.

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

yes but they are somewhat comfortably in CL places, not like a draw or loss would damn them really.  at least that's how i hope Brenda sees it.

He comes across as someone who very much wants to win every game he takes part in, and won't settle for less.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I didn't watch yesterdays game but I have seen that Chilwell has been getting a roasting from Leicester and Chelsea fans for his performance.

i thought he was the second coming after all he is english and above average surely he should be a worldie?  /sarcasm.  the classic english big up, kid shows a flash and the hype train goes in full effect and then this happens and he will be playing for Derby in the championship in 2 years.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Don’t know why a country being proud of emerging talent is such a big deal for you Mark, every club and country does it!

no they don't matt, that's my point.  england is very unique in the fact it goes from 0 to 100 with hype at an alarming rate, then once something bad happens they throw them to the wolves.  their media is vicious.  in america they talk about pulisic, and he is a good player, but there is no illusion he's a worldie.  it's tempered.  in england the minute a youngster does well you get ex-england stars bigging them up "he could be one of the best" "looks like a young Gazza/Rooney/Lineker/Etc" and the like.  the media goes into overload pumping out stories.  they get called up to the national team.  they make an error, and then are treated as refuse and used goods.  they quickly move onto the next person and rinse repeat. 

See John Stones, Ross Barkley, and many many others.  the reason i always point it out is because the majority of english posters fall for it hook line and sinker every single time.  They can't see it's the hype machine, they think John Stones will be the greatest defender in england nay the world.  when he falls short they move onto the next one that the media is hyping.  and then everyone acts like it's normal.  it's not.