Jump to content

Leicester City (Home) Wednesday July 1st


Recommended Posts

Rodgers had them in top gear before the break, but since the break they had draws with Watford and Brighton, so they aren't up to speed yet.  Let's hope being at Goodison and getting a week of rest and training will help us get the fitness levels we need.  Realistically i'd take a draw, but i think if we get the lineup right out of the box, maybe just maybe 3 points smash and grab could be in order :)

 

                                    Pickford

               Coleman Keane Holgate Digne

                    Iwobi Gomes Gylfi Bernard

                               DCL     Richarlison

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who knew watching Everton could be so stress free? That said, 45 mins to come.

Davies playing really well keeping good possession of the ball, luckily we didn’t execute him after the Norwich game. 

Great result tactics spot on. 7 points from 9 since lockdown, you can’t grumble with that it’s top 4 pedigree. 

6 minutes ago, barryj said:

And they’ve got a tough FA cup match against Chelsea on Sunday. Hopefully that and the fact Carlo will have a full week to prepare the team should bode well. 

i didn't know that, thank you.  well let's hope Brenda puts out a weak side against us then.  I'd love to see Tielmans, Maddison, Ndiddi, and Vardy all on the bench.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like a lot of teams they struggled the other night, just thought I’d mention that just in case people think it’s only us who haven’t come back firing on all cylinders. 
I can see it being a close game but with our defence registering to shut outs they will be full of confidence, predict a win for us no negative comments please let’s believe and be positive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Like a lot of teams they struggled the other night, just thought I’d mention that just in case people think it’s only us who haven’t come back firing on all cylinders. 
I can see it being a close game but with our defence registering to shut outs they will be full of confidence, predict a win for us no negative comments please let’s believe and be positive. 

I think Carlo has got it bang on these 2 games - I assume he watched a lot of the German league and saw a lack of cohesion going forward with most teams.

We are so well organised at the back - which is think is the most important right now. Hard to score against and rely on a bit of quality up top to knick a goal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Btay said:

I think Carlo has got it bang on these 2 games - I assume he watched a lot of the German league and saw a lack of cohesion going forward with most teams.

We are so well organised at the back - which is think is the most important right now. Hard to score against and rely on a bit of quality up top to knick a goal.

The perfect game plan don’t concede and you can’t lose,  simple really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Btay said:

I think Carlo has got it bang on these 2 games - I assume he watched a lot of the German league and saw a lack of cohesion going forward with most teams.

We are so well organised at the back - which is think is the most important right now. Hard to score against and rely on a bit of quality up top to knick a goal.

I do too, i think he understood what teams would be like coming back and realized tactically if we can stay defensively sound, that gives us the best opportunity regardless of fitness or the other sides tactics.  so far it's working.  i hope it continues.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matt said:

Not even close. No hoofing, no negative play. There’s a huge difference between parking the bus and being well structured 

There was plenty of hoofing and a lot went back to Pickford to wellie clear in the derby.  

Either way that's not the point I was making, in fact to quote Pete or Haf, I can't remember which, I believe you are strawmaning me. Are you denying that the Allardyce tactic was not to not concede and not lose first over taking risks to win the game?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Bailey said:

There was plenty of hoofing and a lot went back to Pickford to wellie clear in the derby.  

Either way that's not the point I was making, in fact to quote Pete or Haf, I can't remember which, I believe you are strawmaning me. Are you denying that the Allardyce tactic was not to not concede and not lose first over taking risks to win the game?

 

To be honest to put Allardyce and tactics in the same sentence, is an insult to the game of football imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

They’ve played their strongest side in the FA cup match with Chelsea.  Which to me signals this is the priority not our match.  

I think it just shows that they're taking the cup as seriously as they are their CL hopes, they'll put out their strongest XI on Wednesday as well. Just how it should be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

yes but they are somewhat comfortably in CL places, not like a draw or loss would damn them really.  at least that's how i hope Brenda sees it.

He comes across as someone who very much wants to win every game he takes part in, and won't settle for less.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I didn't watch yesterdays game but I have seen that Chilwell has been getting a roasting from Leicester and Chelsea fans for his performance.

i thought he was the second coming after all he is english and above average surely he should be a worldie?  /sarcasm.  the classic english big up, kid shows a flash and the hype train goes in full effect and then this happens and he will be playing for Derby in the championship in 2 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt said:

Don’t know why a country being proud of emerging talent is such a big deal for you Mark, every club and country does it!

no they don't matt, that's my point.  england is very unique in the fact it goes from 0 to 100 with hype at an alarming rate, then once something bad happens they throw them to the wolves.  their media is vicious.  in america they talk about pulisic, and he is a good player, but there is no illusion he's a worldie.  it's tempered.  in england the minute a youngster does well you get ex-england stars bigging them up "he could be one of the best" "looks like a young Gazza/Rooney/Lineker/Etc" and the like.  the media goes into overload pumping out stories.  they get called up to the national team.  they make an error, and then are treated as refuse and used goods.  they quickly move onto the next person and rinse repeat. 

 

See John Stones, Ross Barkley, and many many others.  the reason i always point it out is because the majority of english posters fall for it hook line and sinker every single time.  They can't see it's the hype machine, they think John Stones will be the greatest defender in england nay the world.  when he falls short they move onto the next one that the media is hyping.  and then everyone acts like it's normal.  it's not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stating the obvious this game is critical for us. We're right there in the mix for 7th/8th. Palace and Burnley play today. SheffU and Spurs on Thursday. Teams right near with guaranteed points dropped. Hopefully both draws. We win this game and we're 2-3 points away from Europe. Maybe even in it even we can rely on City's ban and anyone but Arsenal winning the FA Cup. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Stating the obvious this game is critical for us. We're right there in the mix for 7th/8th. Palace and Burnley play today. SheffU and Spurs on Thursday. Teams right near with guaranteed points dropped. Hopefully both draws. We win this game and we're 2-3 points away from Europe. Maybe even in it even we can rely on City's ban and anyone but Arsenal winning the FA Cup. 

never say never but i think we are too far out.  sure the math is there, but we have leicester, spurs, wolves, sheffield still left.  i think we have the hardest run in.  all those teams are battling for europe and we're behind them all.  we'd have to really rack up some big wins, i think 9th/10th is more likely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

no they don't matt, that's my point.  england is very unique in the fact it goes from 0 to 100 with hype at an alarming rate, then once something bad happens they throw them to the wolves.  their media is vicious.  in america they talk about pulisic, and he is a good player, but there is no illusion he's a worldie.  it's tempered.  in england the minute a youngster does well you get ex-england stars bigging them up "he could be one of the best" "looks like a young Gazza/Rooney/Lineker/Etc" and the like.  the media goes into overload pumping out stories.  they get called up to the national team.  they make an error, and then are treated as refuse and used goods.  they quickly move onto the next person and rinse repeat. 

 

See John Stones, Ross Barkley, and many many others.  the reason i always point it out is because the majority of english posters fall for it hook line and sinker every single time.  They can't see it's the hype machine, they think John Stones will be the greatest defender in england nay the world.  when he falls short they move onto the next one that the media is hyping.  and then everyone acts like it's normal.  it's not.

Mark it’s the media not anything else and it’s not unique to football. They’ll hype anything up Royal Family, Politics, Sport, Celebrities until the next big story comes along but that’s the same worldwide. In terms of football I don’t think we (British public) get carried away more than the next country. We are in a unique situation here that we don’t have a league full of English players as we are truly multicultural, more than any other league so understandably more interest is on our ‘home grown’ talents as we want the National side to succeed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, barryj said:

Mark it’s the media not anything else and it’s not unique to football. They’ll hype anything up Royal Family, Politics, Sport, Celebrities until the next big story comes along but that’s the same worldwide. In terms of football I don’t think we (British public) get carried away more than the next country. We are in a unique situation here that we don’t have a league full of English players as we are truly multicultural, more than any other league so understandably more interest is on our ‘home grown’ talents as we want the National side to succeed. 

good post.  yes you have every right to get excited.  i'm just asking for tempered expectations and less rose colored glasses.  or maybe my country's football just sucks and i'm jealous 🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Matt said:

Don’t know why a country being proud of emerging talent is such a big deal for you Mark, every club and country does it!

Except for Evertonians. Kenny, Holgate, Davies, and DCL would have been sold by the fans. Possibly include Pickford and Keane although they were already established (guilty of wanting rid of the latter myself). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aidan said:

Your country does suck at 'soccer' 😜

Very true. We failed to even qualify for the last World Cup. We are a shambles at this moment.  Pulisic is our best player, other than that it’s some 22 year olds playing in the bundesliga or MLS veterans who have never amounted to anything.  It’s dire

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, markjazzbassist said:

love the lineup, yeah carlo doesn't like bernard.  nice to see mina on the bench!  COYB so excited for this one, glad to see gylfi in over davies, hopefully he tries to prove he belongs.

This is the lineup I would've gone for also (except I'd pick Bernard but trust Carlo). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

This is the lineup I would've gone for also (except I'd pick Bernard but trust Carlo). 

yeah i would too, but like i said in the bernard thread for some reason he doesn't rate him, and i hope the local lad gives it a go!  we are desperate for solid wingers

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

yeah i would too, but like i said in the bernard thread for some reason he doesn't rate him, and i hope the local lad gives it a go!  we are desperate for solid wingers

 

 

Agreed. The whole midfield needs cleaning-up, bar Gomes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gordon getting a nod makes me really happy, now is the perfect time to be playing these youngsters in preparation for next season. He should do much better on the wing too, I think he looked a bit claustrophobic in the middle and couldn't really use his pace. 

Iwobi starting is good too as he was fantastic against Norwich, Sigurdsson in place of Davies gets a massive thumbs up - expect our midfield to be really deep with us attacking down the flanks as a four. 

Hopefully Keane can go touch-tight against Vardy, with Holgate giving him a yard - almost in a libero role. Mina coming back to the squad makes me happy, he's really underrated IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...