IGNORED

Spurs (Away) Monday July 6th

markjazzbassist

We get an additional day of rest on Spurs, they are playing thursday against Sheffield.  This is going to be a tough match, they have a lot of quality players and Mou who will make them hard to beat.  I'd take a draw right now, but after the Leicester performance maybe we can surprise them.  If mou goes all negative and we are on the front foot who knows.  Gotta be the same lineup 

Pickford

Coleman Keane Holgate Digne

Iwobi Gomes Gylfi Gordon

DCL Richarlison

Pickford 

Coleman Keane Holgate Digne 

Davies

Richarlison Iwobi Gomes Gordon

DCL 

Really don't think Richarlison is doing enough up top. He gets an A for effort but little else, his hold up play especially isn't cutting the mustard and it's giving away possession too much. Also he could do with fucking off Nike and getting a pair of predators to help with his touch. Get him back to the wing were he had a little more time to control the ball or space to run on to it. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

For me, Richarlison is probably the most important player for us getting up the pitch. Once he went off it was hit and hope to DCL.

It was like that before he went off when we ran out of options. We miss someone in the middle who Is direct, progressive and has a real eye for a pass.

14 hours ago, barryj said:

It was like that before he went off when we ran out of options. We miss someone in the middle who Is direct, progressive and has a real eye for a pass.

I really like his defensive work. He is just a disruptive player.

In the game there was a corner or free kick deep in their half and I can't remember what happened but Gordon was on the right flank trying to dribble against 2 players and he unsurprisingly got caught out and lost the ball. One of the players haring back at the bottom of the screen was Richarlison. I'm not saying he was the only one as there were 3 or 4 players getting back at full throttle but its a testament to his attitude on the pitch.

I do wish he would stop being such a drama queen though!

22 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

If Richarlison is fit we should set up our expectations for a draw and hope for a win. Without him I fear a loss. His role is critical and we don't have anyone else who can do it at the moment. 

Watching Spurs now losing 1-0 to Sheffield Utd, from what I’m seeing here we could beat these. 

Tottenham were absolutely shite today against Sheffield, I know Mourinho always seems to do badly in his third season but it seems to have already started going tits up - they were on the wrong end of an appalling VAR decision, but can have no complaints about the result. 

Lloris was and still remains one of the most overrated goalkeepers on the planet (in the same group as Kepa and Courtois) and the defensive partnership of Sanchez and Dier was totally ripped apart on a constant basis, I'd be disasapointed if DCL and Richarlison can't cause them problems. 

Harry Kane was proper isolated up top, hopefully Paulo Keandini can have another monster performance and keep him quiet as if we do, and take care of Son (their only other outlet) then we'll take the three points. 

I can only echo what you guys have said. Spurs look toothless up front with Kane taking his usual slow start to the season into this restarted season. Lo Celso and Sissoko look a very solid pairing but those two at the back aren't a pairing and Aurier is a walking mistake. How he plays every week is beyond me.

So much for Sheffield Utd being in a slump though! 

On 03/07/2020 at 07:42, Bailey said:

I can only echo what you guys have said. Spurs look toothless up front with Kane taking his usual slow start to the season into this restarted season. Lo Celso and Sissoko look a very solid pairing but those two at the back aren't a pairing and Aurier is a walking mistake. How he plays every week is beyond me.

So much for Sheffield Utd being in a slump though! 

I don’t think sissoko looked good at all. He looked unfit and not interested one bit. High intensity press and quick passing the key here. 
If we get results our way - we could be 1 point off 7th. 

8 hours ago, Btay said:

I don’t think sissoko looked good at all. He looked unfit and not interested one bit. High intensity press and quick passing the key here. 
If we get results our way - we could be 1 point off 7th. 

I didn't watch all this game but I did the Utd game and the bits I have seen he has been everywhere and completely dominant. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

That makes sense, why would we carry on advertising for an old sponsor🤷‍♂️

If the contract expires I don't know how much the wording would compliment things but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a few that explicitly state all premier league matches for the season. 

47 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m pretty sure we said at the time of announcing of the ending of the shirt sponsor that we would continue until the end of the season. 

Josh thinks the same; just wearing the new one for the last game of the season like we always used to.

After Leicester I said I'd be happy with a draw. That is no longer the case. I've been reading Faith of our Families and the players talk about these critical, but under the radar, games leading up to sustained success at the club. This feels like one of those games. We win this one, we win on Thursday (Southampton just put in a shift against City, they are safe and will surely rotate the squad) and then we go to Wolves on Sunday in 8th - maybe 7th...Arsenals next 3 games are Leicester, Spurs, Liverpool. COYB. 

1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

After Leicester I said I'd be happy with a draw. That is no longer the case. I've been reading Faith of our Families and the players talk about these critical, but under the radar, games leading up to sustained success at the club. This feels like one of those games. We win this one, we win on Thursday (Southampton just put in a shift against City, they are safe and will surely rotate the squad) and then we go to Wolves on Sunday in 8th - maybe 7th...Arsenals next 3 games are Leicester, Spurs, Liverpool. COYB. 

This feels like a make or break match, doesn't it?

7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Probably as bigger game as there has been for us for a while I think. Looking forward to it!

I'm not. I'm worried. Spurs has been garbage under Mou, and I feel like this will end in a boring draw despite that. 

I would love to be wrong.