IGNORED

Wolves ( Away ) 12 July

Btay

Not expecting any points here after Southampton. 

Time to rotate a bit as well but we have no depth - Baines is really the only one I’d comfortable see into the team but Digne is probably our only player playing at a good level right now and gathering form/momentum.

Hopefully Holgate is back for this one as I’d love to see him in the midfield or just on the pitch any where.

52 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

thanks for starting this while i was away.  just watched the soton highlights and this is gonna be a tough one.  I'm hoping we can get an early goal or something and get them out of their plan and maybe nick points that way.  otherwise i am not expecting any points.

I think that is key for us at the moment... the early goal. 

Wolves excel against teams that play 451. Arsenal caught them out last week matching their formation and letting wolves have the ball. With the onus on wolves to create they came up with nothing to break them down. Toure especially was caught out with the defence sitting deep, at best he'd beat his man and then have no where to go with the ball and get easily disposesed by the defender or centre mid. Like watching Bolasie on a bad day. 

Arsenal then countered and with wolves defenders being high and the likes of Cody being a championship player at best they caught them time and time again. Could have easily been six. 

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

Wolves excel against teams that play 451. Arsenal caught them out last week matching their formation and letting wolves have the ball. With the onus on wolves to create they came up with nothing to break them down. Toure especially was caught out with the defence sitting deep, at best he'd beat his man and then have no where to go with the ball and get easily disposesed by the defender or centre mid. Like watching Bolasie on a bad day. 

Arsenal then countered and with wolves defenders being high and the likes of Cody being a championship player at best they caught them time and time again. Could have easily been six. 

Have to agree.

Sit for the counter, pace up top and out wide.

Can't make much sense of that

Could be a 442 or 523.

My guess is probably a 442 with Baines in RB. 

Could be 

Pickford

Keane Mina Baines

Davies Sigurdsson Gordon Digne

Walcott Dom Richarlison 

13 hours ago, pete0 said:

Completely agree. Sheffield Utd did the same (or very similar as well). The important thing for us is being able to counter attack quickly and regularly, something we have failed to do too often.

Pickford

Keane.      Mina.        Baines    
                         Davies 

Walcott    Gylfi            Gordon      Digne  

Richarlison   DCL 

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I suspect it will be 442 with Baines or Digne right but I would be pleasantly surprised to see a 5. 

I think with Walcott and the front two its more likely to be 442 IMO. 

Shame though because every time we’ve had a 3 man midfield we haven’t had Gomes on the pitch