IGNORED

Wolves ( Away ) 12 July

Btay

It doesn't even look like they have practiced this formation on the training ground. The left sided combination is a joke. I dont see what the thinking was. 

Since Mina went off the back 3 have been much better but Walcott on the right only wants to show any appetite for the game when he goes forward.

Gordon is the only spark in midfield but its a very small spark and the front two have had very little involvement, Richie edging DCL but in truth they have both been crap.

Defensively we're OK, but the lack of quality in midfield is shocking which in turn makes the two up top totally insignificant. 

Signing two centre midfielders is an absolute priority this transfer window as it's been our obvious Achilles heel since the Premier League restarted. 

On another note, see a few people are already kicking off about Carlo. Cringe as fuck. 

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I'm going to get roasted for this but we we genuinely looked better at this under Allerdyce. I understand the state of the squad at the minute but I really expected more from Carlo. Disappointing. 

I said a similar thing after the Liverpool game regarding the comparison with Allardcye. The intent to go forward is almost non existent despite having 2 strikers on the pitch.

Just now, Palfy said:

Digne school boy error, just face him up don’t go diving in, very rash from a player of his pedigree, I’d fine the prick. 

Never a pen for me. Much like the United one that shouldn't have been. Their player isn't in control of the ball of anything it's a foul on Digne. 

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

It doesn't even look like they have practiced this formation on the training ground. The left sided combination is a joke. I dont see what the thinking was. 

Since Mina went off the back 3 have been much better but Walcott on the right only wants to show any appetite for the game when he goes forward.

Gordon is the only spark in midfield but its a very small spark and the front two have had very little involvement, Richie edging DCL but in truth they have both been crap.

There's nothing to play for at all, so I wonder if Carlo has just said to get through these games, not to get injured and try a few things out for next season.  The players are hopeless, but it's the only way to explain the ambient trance like performance of this team the last few games.

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Never a pen for me. Much like the United one that shouldn't have been. Their player isn't in control of the ball of anything it's a foul on Digne. 

It was a similar foul but I think the one united won Fernandez went into the defender, but Digne seemed to impede the attackers space so I think it was a penalty albeit a slightly soft one. 

3 minutes ago, badaids said:

There's nothing to play for at all, so I wonder if Carlo has just said to get through these games, not to get injured and try a few things out for next season.  The players are hopeless, but it's the only way to explain the ambient trance like performance of this team the last few games.

I really hope not! 

It should be the time to build momentum.

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Absolutely sick of Sigurdssen. He's got 10 yards in front him but instead of carrying the ball he's passing responsibility then doing fuck all to help the next player with the ball. He's not dragging players to make space. 

I’m sick of all of them, there’s not one player out there who knows the art of moment to find space to receive the ball, when we have the ball everyone is static, forcing us to play back or play to a man who is marked then we lose possession.