IGNORED

FFP

They'll only get a fine. How that's supposed to hurt mega rich clubs is beyond me like.

They have all the 'names' though, so they wouldn't dare exclude them from international tournaments, how bad would that look :rolleyes:

It's ridiculous.

I'd limit major tournaments to teams who fall within the FFP rules. Those who don't, cant compete. Simple. It'll soon turn their thoughts around.

Plus, if a fine is all they'll get and they can still compete in the major tournies, teams with unlimited resources, will probably continue breaking the rules because the pay off is soo much better.

We havent had a dedicated thread to this yet (that I can find), so Im opening this as I think things might get interesting.

City are set to be fined 50m quid over 3 years and have their CL squad reduced from 25 player to 21. Trouble is, City are rejecting the punishment :blink:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/05/manchester-city-settlement-uefa-financial-fair-play

I don't pay attention to the Champions League so I find it hard to care. Jaime's solution is the right one, an arbitrary "you're in or you're out", none of this "we'll fine you and restrict the number of players you can use" nonsense.

I agree. I just cant get my head around the resistance from City. They broke the rules! If I was in court for speeding and the judge hands out a fine, I cant say no!

I agree. I just cant get my head around the resistance from City. They broke the rules! If I was in court for speeding and the judge hands out a fine, I cant say no!

maybe that's a british thing, here in america people do the same thing city is doing all the time. kill someone, hire a lawyer, admit that you killed someone but argue against a penalty, lawyer finds loophole, person goes free.

justice is a virtue now, non-existent in our world unfortunately.

We havent had a dedicated thread to this yet (that I can find), so Im opening this as I think things might get interesting.

City are set to be fined 50m quid over 3 years and have their CL squad reduced from 25 player to 21. Trouble is, City are rejecting the punishment :blink:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/05/manchester-city-settlement-uefa-financial-fair-play

According to The Independent if they refuse to settle and it goes to appeal they could face expulsion....

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/manchester-city-risk-champions-league-expulsion-if-they-tackle-uefa-over-ffp-punishments-9328548.html

Guest Nikica

The whole thing seems to be an ongoing thing. I don't really think they are serious about FFP, they just want to be seen to be doing something.

I also suspect that it's more of a smokescreen to maintain the power of the top clubs, sort of like a cartel. The only way clubs can really break into the established elite now (i.e. become a genuine CL contender) is through massive outside investment. Sad but true. There are exceptions such as Atletico and Dotmund but those teams probably won't have the longevity sadly.

Edited by Nikica

• 6 years later...

Was wondering what everyones view on FFP was from an Everton point of view can see its been discussed in other threads but never on its own once I have had other peoples views I would then like to give the City view. Since I think there are many misconceptions about FFP and City its understandable since people are not experts on other football clubs let alone boring stuff like accountancy law finances etc of other clubs 

FFP was created to keep the big clubs in the top 5 and the rest out of the top 5.  It was then sold to the rest of the clubs as "for them".  it is not.  Either the PL should have an american based salary cap system and be fully transparent and equal (same cap for every team), or it should have nothing.  FFP is a joke.

6 hours ago, mcfc said:

Was wondering what everyones view on FFP was from an Everton point of view can see its been discussed in other threads but never on its own once I have had other peoples views I would then like to give the City view. Since I think there are many misconceptions about FFP and City its understandable since people are not experts on other football clubs let alone boring stuff like accountancy law finances etc of other clubs 

Only need 1 post mate, no need to keep opening new ones :) 

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...