IGNORED

Adam Lallana

His injuries aren't that bad, it's only his pace that keeps him out of the Liverpool team. Klopp prefers speed over technical ability on the wing. 

I like him, intelligent, good feet and an Evertonian. Gives a different option on the right wing or an upgrade on Delph on the middle. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

His injuries aren't that bad, it's only his pace that keeps him out of the Liverpool team. Klopp prefers speed over technical ability on the wing. 

I like him, intelligent, good feet and an Evertonian. Gives a different option on the right wing or an upgrade on Delph on the middle. 

Thought he was a reds fan which is why he chose them?

You would want him playing through the middle to see him at his best in 10 position or similar. With Gomes/Siggy/Davies/Gordon/Iwobi/Bernard/Richarlison who can all operate in an advanced midfield position or deep striker and with Lallana being slow, injury prone and probably on a fair few quid, its a no from me.

Interesting views, I’m in agreement with his fitness issues if that’s the reason he doesn’t make the shites team, but if it’s for other reasons and he’s fit then I would take him because he would definitely be an improvement on most of what we’ve got.

49 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

This one is low risk financially. He's on a free and could potentially take a discount to play for his boyhood club and not have to move his family to a new city. Absolutely no more than a 2 yr deal and I kinda like it. He could be our super sub and cool head during cup games with some of the kids playing. 

on a kids wage with no sign on fee sure come on over and ride the pine.  but anything of value no thanks.  unless he REALLY doesn't want to uproot and will make sacrifices, i'm not interested.

8 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

This one is low risk financially. He's on a free and could potentially take a discount to play for his boyhood club and not have to move his family to a new city. Absolutely no more than a 2 yr deal and I kinda like it. He could be our super sub and cool head during cup games with some of the kids playing. 

But this approach is the source of our problems....

1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

How so? We've swung and missed on some huge prices - Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Gylfi, Tosun, Iwobi etc.. Our free signings (Rooney, Cuco, Bernard, Lossl) have been serviceable or at worst 'not a problem'. 

i think he's saying the wages.  having a large squad with high wages.  like i said unless adam is willing to take an absolute haircut it's not worth it.

7 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

How so? We've swung and missed on some huge prices - Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Gylfi, Tosun, Iwobi etc.. Our free signings (Rooney, Cuco, Bernard, Lossl) have been serviceable or at worst 'not a problem'. 

We've been burnt too many times by signing injury prone players past their prime on cheap transfer fees/free transfers hoping they will shake off their injury problems and return to the good old days. They dont.

Lallana is past it and he will sign for someone for 100k+ wages. Be surprised if he plays 20+ league games again in a season for someone. He might put in a MoM performance now and again but not really much else.

2 hours ago, Cisk said:

We've been burnt too many times by signing injury prone players past their prime on cheap transfer fees/free transfers hoping they will shake off their injury problems and return to the good old days. They dont.

Lallana is past it and he will sign for someone for 100k+ wages. Be surprised if he plays 20+ league games again in a season for someone. He might put in a MoM performance now and again but not really much else.

Much better players available in this position. Grealish/James for example

11 hours ago, Cisk said:

Exactly. Got West Ham written all over this 

20 hours ago, Cisk said:

Understood - I should have been more clear. My vote of yes is tied to the idea that we would not be signing him with an eye to a starting role. 75k to be our creative presence off the bench with the odd start is all I would be hoping for here. Completely agree with you on injuries/ability to start regularly.