IGNORED

Sergio Romero

1 hour ago, StevO said:

If he’s that good United will be keeping him, as De Gea seems to be finished. 

That’d be the most logical choice for United. Sell De Gea (it’s been bizarre watching his fall from grace) for a decent fee, loan Henderson out for another season and buy a promising youngster to play backup to Romero for a season. 

I wonder how Henderson will do. He has a good gig at Sheffield under little pressure, especially from the pundits. If Pickford had punched the ball poorly in the way he did which fell to Walcott (who then crossed the ball to DCL which hit the post) it would have been the first item to review at half time. 

If they did get rid of DDG then they would definitely still want someone of Romero's experience in case Henderson cracks.

19 hours ago, Matt said:

That’d be the most logical choice for United. Sell De Gea (it’s been bizarre watching his fall from grace) for a decent fee, loan Henderson out for another season and buy a promising youngster to play backup to Romero for a season. 

isn't De Gea on like 300k a week? I'm not sure they will be able to sell him that easily. 

• 1 month later...

Dean Henderson has just signed a five-year deal with Manchester United and the club have confirmed that he will fight with David De Gea for the starting spot this season, almost on "equal" status reading between the lines. 

This would most certainly mean that Romero would look for a new club, surely he would not be happy to sit as third choice at Old Trafford - not even playing in cup competition? 

Given the shenanigans of Jordan Pickford last season and the media rumours that we are in for a goalkeeper this summer I wouldn't be surprised if 2 + 2 equalled Romero coming here. He may initially be on the bench like at United, but would have a real chance of making the starting spot his own. 

38 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Dean Henderson has just signed a five-year deal with Manchester United and the club have confirmed that he will fight with David De Gea for the starting spot this season, almost on "equal" status reading between the lines. 

This would most certainly mean that Romero would look for a new club, surely he would not be happy to sit as third choice at Old Trafford - not even playing in cup competition? 

Given the shenanigans of Jordan Pickford last season and the media rumours that we are in for a goalkeeper this summer I wouldn't be surprised if 2 + 2 equalled Romero coming here. He may initially be on the bench like at United, but would have a real chance of making the starting spot his own. 

Romero is likely want a guaranteed starting spot and unless pickford is sold i cant see it happening. 

11 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

My 2+2 = Ospina

Ancelotti signed him at Napoli. Brother-in-law of James Rodríguez. Adds to the Colombian connection.

24 minutes ago, c1982 said:

My 2+2 = Ospina

Ancelotti signed him at Napoli. Brother-in-law of James Rodríguez. Adds to the Colombian connection.

With the amount of digs i hear at pickfords height and him not being tall enough ospina will get it 10 times worse! 

44 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Just seen leeds are interested too. Might want to go there knowing he wont have to fight for his spot after spending years on uniteds bench (presumably, i know nothing about the current leeds GK). 

I personally think Carlo will say "are you able to concentrate for 90 minutes, not get involved in arguments with defenders and rival fans and can you touch the cross bar?"

If so ... You are number 1