IGNORED

The Big Spenders

java2001e

big spenders from sporting life.

chelski £51 mill not including the freebies and ashley cole!

Michael Ballack (free)

Khalid Boulahrouz (£6million)

Ashley Cole (part-exchange)

Hilario (free)

Salomon Kalou (undisc.)

Jon Obi Mikel (£16million)

Andriy Shevchenko (£30m)

liverpool 29 mill

Fabio Aurelio (free)

Craig Bellamy (£6million)

Mark Gonzalez (£4million)

Dirk Kuyt (£10million)

Gabriel Paletta (£2million)

Jermaine Pennant (£6.7million)

spurs 25 mill +

Benoit Assou-Ekotto (undisc.)

Dimitar Berbatov (£10.9m)

Pascal Chimbonda (£6million)

Dorian Dervitte (undisc.)

*Mido (undisclosed)

Steed Malbranque (undisc.)

Didier Zokora (£8.2million)

newcastle 15 mill +

Olivier Bernard (free)

Damien Duff (£5million)

Obafemi Martins (£10million)

Giuseppe Rossi (loan

Antoine Sibierski (undisc.)

[

will their position in the spending league be the same as their position in the premier league?

Edited by java2001e

it just goes to show now though just how much the beautiful game relies on money that much to keep things going :(

48445[/snapback]

Most of clubs income in the top divisions go to player wages, which in a lot of cases means theres more coming in than coming out. It's only Chelsea who dont have to worry about balancing the books. If it wasnt for the money sky have pumped into the Premier League (40 mil to each team this year reportedly) a lot of them would have gone under years ago.

Most of clubs income in the top divisions go to player wages, which in a lot of cases means theres more coming in than coming out. It's only Chelsea who dont have to worry about balancing the books. If it wasnt for the money sky have pumped into the Premier League (40 mil to each team this year reportedly) a lot of them would have gone under years ago.

48467[/snapback]

Wow I thought it was £28millionish each, but that's alot more

The big difference between all the big spenders is that Chelski do not have to produce a profit for their shareholders, all the others do.

Abramovich is doing what we all dream of, playing silly buggers with silly money and having a whale of a time doing it. B*stard.

Chelski are running at a massive loss year in year out, there will come a time Roman gets bored and ditches the club he purports to love , then we can all pee ourselves laughing.

ATB

Mac

The big difference between all the big spenders is that Chelski do not have to produce a profit for their shareholders, all the others do.

Abramovich is doing what we all dream of, playing silly buggers with silly money and having a whale of a time doing it. B*stard.

Chelski are running at a massive loss year in year out, there will come a time Roman gets bored and ditches the club he purports to love , then we can all pee ourselves laughing.

ATB

Mac

48475[/snapback]

:lol: sounds good to me :D

ATB

Mac

48475[/snapback]

i cant wait for that day :D

Was suprised to see Newcastle up there cos despite their spending I cant really say that their team has been strengthened particularly with Martins now injured.  Theyre still a team I would expect us to get at least 4 points off this season.

48690[/snapback]

yes, i agree. theyve havent got much value for money.

weve done a lot better.

if they dont perform glen roeder will soon be gone.