IGNORED

"champions League..we're Avin' A Laugh"

Guest Kato

Do you all remember that DVD that came out at the end of last season called "Champions league..we're avin' a laugh"..i'm sure all you Evertonians remember it :D

I was just wondering...do you all still watch it? :D

Do you all remember that DVD that came out at the end of last season called "Champions league..we're avin' a laugh"..i'm sure all you Evertonians remember it  :huh:

I was just wondering...do you all still watch it?  ;)

DVD: Kopites are glory hunting gobshites - I remember watching that DVD

Edited by rowlo-efc

Guest fozzie22
Rapha watched the film the BFG one night.

The next day he spent £7 Million buying himself a copy.

bet he wished he'd gone to Asda where he could have bought himself a copy for £5.97.

pocket the difference there Mr Benitez!

;)

Why would the moderator of this forum ban me exactly, simply for not being an Evertonian? :huh:

I havent sl@gged anyone off or used any abusive language...so i fail to see on what grounds i would be banned exactly?

If i were to be banned on the basis of simply not being an Evertonian, then that is absolutely absurd and does not do this site, your club or its supporters in general any favours whatsoever.

I know for a fact that supporters of other clubs are most welcome on other teams forums, especially Liverpool's - and that we positivley enjoy engaging in a bit of rivallery banter between rival clubs, so long as its not deeply abusive and personal of course :rolleyes:

In response to the thread.....

As for us being glory hunting gob*****........i thought the whole purpose of football for any team was to win trophy's (correct me if i'm wrong on that by all means), Liverpool fans just so happen to support Liverpool who just so happen to win trophy's on a fairly regular basis.

So by the same logic..the day Everton ever win a trophy again, i assume their fans can be called glory hunting so and so's as well then? ;)

I'm sorry to say this, but Evertonians really do seem the most bitter and disgruntled bunch of football supporters around today.

It's understandable i suppose, because you have had to live in the shadows of the most successful football club in England of all time.

I know what it's like because i have Evertonian mates and as much as i love the bones of them, the stuff that the say regarding Liverpool really is unbelievable.

At the end of the day, we have two great teams on Merseyside in Liverpool and Everton- why can't we just learn to respect oneanother?

Of course there's no harm in rivallary banter of course, but when it gets deeply abusive and personal in the way it does off most Evertonians towards Liverpool, then there really is no excuse for that.

Why would the moderator of this forum ban me exactly, simply for not being an Evertonian?  :lol:

I havent sl@gged anyone off or used any abusive language...so i fail to see on what grounds i would be banned exactly?

If i were to be banned on the basis of simply not being an Evertonian, then that is absolutely absurd and does not do this site, your club or its supporters in general any favours whatsoever.

I know for a fact that supporters of other clubs are most welcome on other teams forums, especially Liverpool's - and that we positivley enjoy engaging in a bit of rivallery banter between rival clubs, so long as its not deeply abusive and personal of course  :D

In response to the thread.....

As for us being glory hunting gob*****........i thought the whole purpose of football for any team was to win trophy's (correct me if i'm wrong on that by all means), Liverpool fans just so happen to support Liverpool who just so happen to win trophy's on a fairly regular basis.

So by the same logic..the day Everton ever win a trophy again, i assume their fans can be called glory hunting so and so's as well then?  :angry:

I'm sorry to say this, but Evertonians really do seem the most bitter and disgruntled bunch of football supporters around today.

It's understandable i suppose, because you have had to live in the shadows of the most successful football club in England of all time.

I know what it's like because i have Evertonian mates and as much as i love the bones of them, the stuff that the say regarding Liverpool really is unbelievable.

At the end of the day, we have two great teams on Merseyside in Liverpool and Everton- why can't we just learn to respect oneanother?

Of course there's no harm in rivallary banter of course, but when it gets deeply abusive and personal in the way it does off most Evertonians towards Liverpool, then there really is no excuse for that.

Hi Kato,

Good set of comments but you were the one choosing to join an Everton forum and posting piss taking comments! If you want to "learn to respect oneanother" then i suggest you learn some respect then the "oneanother" respect thing may come into play.

The facts are we failed in our European expidition this season.

We have a young inexperienced manager (at that level).

We have a young inexperienced team (at that level).

We have had over the past few years, limited playing staff and money to purchase new playing staff at our disposal.

These are our own responsability and in no way excuses; however we did finish above Liverpool last season securing Champoins League football and we did gain some experience in Europe which hopefully will help us in the future. I dont remember Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle, Boro'................... (the list goes on) doing anything significant in their first season of European football within the last 10 years! Can you?

So yes we should learn to respect oneanother and that includes respecting that we are still learning in that particular field just as we all respect you as European champions without being Premiership Champoins!!!!!

You should also respect that with several seasons of European football throughout the mid eighties when Everton were arguably the gratest club side in the world our financial situation would have definatly been alot different. Resulting in serious pulling power in the transfare market, which in turn as proven by yourselves, Man U, Arsenal & Chelsea results in silverwear!

Everton have had the odds stacked against recently but we hold our heads high with pride, we will never leave our club and if you take the time to browse OUR forum you will see that we are all realists. We wouldnt believe that if we won the FA cup this season we were the best club in England, unlike our neigbours who believe because they won the Champions league last season they are the best team in Europe! Given the opportunity to take our rightful place at the top of european football when we had a team of world beaters and buckets full of cash ask yourself if the situation would be any different!

6 points in the League with two derbys to play! See you at Goodison in December & remember next time you play away in Europe, keep your fucking hands to yourselves, we wont get banned and 19 year old lads wont end up in jail for crimes the have not commited! Still proud to to be RED? :lol:

In response to Goldfishmemory....

I fully acknowledge that Everton were a successful club in the 80's for a 3 or so year spell and have no argument with that fact.

But how on earth you can suggest that they possibly the greatest club side of that decade is ludicrous when you look at what Liverpool won throughout that decade.

I know this may be difficult to understand for alot of Evertonians, but the most successful football clubs (not talking financially) are based on what trophy's they win/have won, which is what top flight professional football is all about at the end of the day.

Add up what Everton won in the 80's and then add up what Liverpool won throughout the 80's and there you will have your answer :lol:

The comments about jail etc...have nothing to do with football itself and i have no wish to lower myself to that level on here :angry:

Edited by Kato

In follow up to Goldfishmemory...

The team that wins the European cup is the best team in Europe, simple as that - its a plain simple fact and what part of that fact can Evertonians simply not understand :angry:

That principle would also apply to Everton as well as any other team, if you qualify for the biggest football competition in Europe and you go onto win that competition, then you are the best team in Europe...i fail to see what cant be more clearer about that :lol:

In response to Goldfishmemory....

I fully acknowledge that Everton were a successful club in the 80's for a 3 or so year spell and have no argument with that fact.

But how on earth you can suggest that they possibly the greatest club side of that decade is ludicrous when you look at what Liverpool won throughout that decade.

I know this may be difficult to understand for alot of Evertonians, but the most successful football clubs (not talking financially) are based on what trophy's they win/have won, which is what top flight professional football is all about at the end of the day.

Add up what Everton won in the 80's and then add up what Liverpool won throughout the 80's and there you will have your answer  :lol:

The comments about jail etc...have nothing to do with football itself and i have no wish to lower myself to that level on here  :angry:

Can you read?

I never said the greatest club side of the decade, i said "arguably the best club side in Europe" meaning the season we were banned!!

Simple as, had we qualified for Europe with our league win then things would have been very different. Instead we lost the majority of our team as we had nothing to offer them!

Read it again S L O W L Y it mite make sense this time around! :lol:

I'll put it like this shall i..........

Whoever wins the Premiership is the best team in the English league.

Whoever wins the Champions league, is the best team in the European league.

Cant get much simpler and clearer than that :angry:

In follow up to Goldfishmemory...

The team that wins the European cup is the best team in Europe, simple as that - its a plain simple fact and what part of that fact can Evertonians simply not understand  :angry:

That principle would also apply to Everton as well as any other team, if you qualify for the biggest football competition in Europe and you go onto win that competition, then you are the best team in Europe...i fail to see what cant be more clearer about that  :lol:

So if West Brom win the FA Cup this season they are the best team in England?

I think not, they will have been lucky and had a good "Cup Run"!

Get a grip of reality will you :lol:

Can you read?

I never said the greatest club side of the decade, i said "arguably the best club side in Europe" meaning the season we were banned!!

Simple as, had we qualified for Europe with our league win then things would have been very different. Instead we lost the majority of our team as we had nothing to offer them!

Errr...yes i can read thank you very much :angry:

You never won the top prize in Europe, regardless of whatever the reason was -

and even if you hadnt have been banned, there was no guarantee that Everton would have went on to win the European cup anyway.

So therefore you were never or rather were never even "arguably" the best club side in Europe :lol:

Edited by Kato

Can you read?

Errr...yes i can read thank you very much :angry:

You never won the top prize in Europe, regardless of whatever the reason was -

and even if you hadnt have been banned, there was guarantee that Everton would have went on to win the European cup anyway.

So therefore you were never or rather were never even "arguably" the best club side in Europe :lol:

The word "arguably" means your chatting shit. Go look it up & while your there look up Murder!

So if West Brom win the FA Cup this season they are the best team in England?

I think not, they will have been lucky and had a good "Cup Run"!

Get a grip of reality will you  :lol:

Doohhhhhhh wake up man........ :lol:

Winning things in life, whether it be football or anything else, is a combination of hard work,skill and luck.

If West Brom won the FA cup - they would be the best team in the FA Cup for that year...what part of that logic do you not grasp? :angry:

Goldfishmemory....

You were engaging in a fairly intelligent type discussion, until you started going a bit loopy and started talking about jail,murder and calling me a knob.

This debate is now over as far as you are concerned coz you've shown you cannot have an argument without resorting to abuse and rediculous remarks :angry:

so the team that wins the premier league is the best team in england. so surely that makes the 4th place team better than the 5th place team.

a 38 game season is a better judge of real performance over the season than a knockout competition is (IE champs league). there is no elemnet of luck in a 38 game season, a team that finishes above another team really can be considered superior to them at that time.

Knockout comps can lie. because Burnley beat u in the FA cup last season doesnt make them a better team than u, just as just cos u beat milan doesnt make u a better team than them, let a lone the best team in europe!

In response to Rob....

Yes Everton were the better team than Liverpool in the Premiership last season, that is a simple and plain fact on the basis of the finishing positions of both clubs :lol:

Next point....... :angry:

Knockout comps can lie. because Burnley beat u in the FA cup last season doesnt make them a better team than u, just as just cos u beat milan doesnt make u a better team than them, let a lone the best team in europe!

In terms of the FA cup...then yes it did make them a better team than us,that is fairly obvious to me :angry:

Liverpool won the Champions league...thus becomming the best team in Europe 2004/05 as a result of winning that trophy.

So...

Whoever wins the European Cup is the best national team in Europe

and

Whoever wins the World Cup is the best team in the World.

Well if so that means Greece is the best team in Europe. Something I do not believe. No offence Kato but we have had this argument soooooooo many times on here with Liverpool fans who have come on here just to slag us off.

So...

Whoever wins the European Cup is the best national team in Europe

and

Whoever wins the World Cup is the best team in the World.

That would seem fairly logical to me...yes :angry:

I note the word LEAGUE on the end of the words CHAMPIONS LEAGUE...

Talk about people not being able to read  :angry:

You realy are showing your stupidity now! it is called the Champoins league as it has a league element but fundamentaly is a CUP compotition!

With your mentality the Champoinship is not a league!