IGNORED

Spurs (Away) 13.09.2020

Zoo 2.0

My first impression of Allan is that he is either off the pace or he is slow. 

Gomes also needs to impose himself a lot more. He looks happy just to be out there rather than trying to do anything with the ball. 

Doucoure and James have been great, Richarlison hit and miss but he is slacking defensively, DCL largely uninvolved. Keane and Mina doing well together but despite all this its between Seamus and Pickford for motm. If it wasnt for them we would be losing.

Just now, Bailey said:

Gomes also needs to impose himself a lot more. He looks happy just to be out there rather than trying to do anything with the ball. 

Doucoure and James have been great, Richarlison hit and miss but he is slacking defensively, DCL largely uninvolved. Keane and Mina doing well together but despite all this its between Seamus and Pickford for motm. If it wasnt for them we would be losing.

Agreed. Seamus has been immense and Pickford has saved us a couple of times. I hope Coleman has it in him to do it for a full season. 

James was the most eye catching of the new signings, but Doucouré has been better.  Quietly and diligently breaking up the play and keeping the play fizzing along.  Jordan has kept us in the game.

Coleman will do well to keep out Son if they keep examining like that.

DCL and Richy need to sort their shit out like the chuckle brothers up front.  Should have at least tested the keeper with the goods they were given by the rest of the team.  And Allan needs to smarten up a bit too.

Just now, Bailey said:

I think the pace will probably take some adjustment for Allan.  Doucoure looks like Fellaini with pace. 

James looks like a player who has played at the very highest level... Very clever and technical beyond anything we've seen.

Fantastic first 30 minutes, between then and 45 I was hoping for half time, Spurs seemed to be getting into the swing of things and looking the better side. A a great stop by Pickford to stop Doherty to keep it at 0-0 had me hiding behind the couch along with Kane's near miss.

Overall I'm very impressed though, James already just looks on another level. Making balls that I can't even see with a camera looking at the entire pitch, knocking it left and right at ease - Doucoure and Allan look boss too although the latter has misplaced a few passes (and very nearly gifted them a goal). The only player having a bad game at the moment is Richarlison, fell over his own feet very early on in the game and fucked up what was a golden chance with the open goal - simply unacceptable IMO to not get that on target, or play it into DCL who would have had the goal at his mercy. Hopefully Carlo tells him to put things straight (as personally I would tear a strip off him) and sends him out with something to prove. 

Very, very promising 45 though. Against weaker opposition I think we could have had this sewn up inside 45, just hope we can build on this positive momentum and take a point or three, not to get ahead of ourselves but against West Brom next week we have absolutely nothing to fear.

7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Son scares me down the left though