IGNORED

Victor Anichebe

sconnerefc

After Victor "itchychin" Anichebe great performance last night (against peterborough) i was thinking how he and AJ could become a great partnership. In victor we have a young, hungry, strong, fast forward who can hold up the ball. In AJ we have an England internation with, pace, determination, goalscoreing ability.

The Little and large partnership has worked wonders for many a teams and i believe that victors strength and AJ's Pace we could become a force to be wreckoned with.

Personally i believe that victor is too inexpericned to be thrwon in now and think he could benefit with a season out on loan with regular first team football to aid his future talent.

What do you fellow blue noses think?

Sconner

Victor is not the sort of player i would want to loan out, nor is Hughes, who also had a great game last night.

I would like Moysey to keep those two in the squad now and give them the experience in our own team, opportunities will present themselves throughout the Season.

In fact come january, i wouldnt be upset if Moysey was to sell Beattie, if a reasonable offer came in, we've also got Vaughan coming through.

Would also be looking to get rid of WRIGHT, STUBBS, WEIR, NAYSMITH, PISTONE, VD MEYDE. and get some better squad players in, deffo cover for both fullbacks, and left winger/midfielder.

I would like Moysey to keep those two in the squad now and give them the experience in our own team, opportunities will present themselves throughout the Season.

In fact come january, i wouldnt be upset if Moysey was to sell Beattie, if a reasonable offer came in, we've also got Vaughan coming through.

51025[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly Licker!

I dont think Anichebe and AJ would work myself, I'm not sure why I think that tbh it's just a feeling.

Theres no chance Anichebe will go out on loan as we dont have sufficient cover if a striker gets injured but I'd loan Hughes out to a Championship team until January purely so he can get used to a physical game as at time Benjamin bullied him last night.

Victor is not the sort of player i would want to loan out, nor is Hughes, who also had a great game last night.

Would also be looking to get rid of WRIGHT, STUBBS, WEIR, NAYSMITH, PISTONE, VD MEYDE. and get some better squad players in, deffo cover for both fullbacks, and left winger/midfielder.

51025[/snapback]

If we got rid of them there would be about 12 players in our squad

I would like to see AJ and Victor up front

Not saying write BT off as a flop, but having seen Victor play the full game alongside BT, i can honestly say that Victor holds on to the ball a lot better than Beats, looks more dangerous than Beats, and caused them more problems than Beats.

Beattie for me is still struggling for full fitness, and his goalscoring has not been that good, would like to see him come roaring back with a run of good games, and scoring goals like he used to, But i can see Moysey opting for the 4-5-1 system a lot more this season, which means that unfortunately James Bt will not play all that often.

And Victor might just have put himself ahead of Beats for selection.

please say your takeing the piss. AJ is the top league goal scorer already as is tipped to be there come the end ofthe season, that is a silly thing to say and i just hope you were takeing the piss

51066[/snapback]

Yeah I was - You have to mad to come out with that. I was hoping for a better wind up. Never mind

Strength in depth is something we have lacked for a while, let capitalize on it and build a squad capable of doing us proud.

If we need to pay for players, pay them.

If we need to hold on to players who haven't fulfilled their potential, do it and keep that potential within the club.

ATB

Mac

• 5 years later...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/07/27/victor-anichebe-is-aiming-to-nail-down-a-starting-place-at-everton-100252-31483811/

old thread I know but had the title....

on the article, how many times over the last 3 season have we heard this? Bored now - we have Vellios and McAleny too, we should off load this waste of space and save some wages....

Vic is not a bad player at all...it's just his match commitment. If he could put in the effort of the guy who is just departing then maybe Vic could show us something this year.

I remember at times watching him thinking he is a bull! a bit like when Beattie was actually good ( not often )

But then other times he looks like he has no energy or just cant be bothered.

Vic take a look at Cahil videos and offer that kind of commitment and this could be your year. Not writing you off yet son.

Vic is not a bad player at all...it's just his match commitment. If he could put in the effort of the guy who is just departing then maybe Vic could show us something this year.

I remember at times watching him thinking he is a bull! a bit like when Beattie was actually good ( not often )

But then other times he looks like he has no energy or just cant be bothered.

Vic take a look at Cahil videos and offer that kind of commitment and this could be your year. Not writing you off yet son.

This is my point, every year we have this debate and he doesnt deliver, which is ignored because he gets injured and so hes forgiven.He whines like a little bitch and turns up when he wants. Hes not a bad player but hes not a good player either, certainly not good enough for Everton. Maybe a Wigan could do with him (as has been rumoured) but hes never going to make it here unless he changes his attitude or goes on loan to mature a bit.

I think Vic offers a lot more than the likes of Zamora, Cole, Di Santo, Jerome, Welbeck, Defoe, and Agbonlahor ect. and still has potential to polish up his game. Outside Man U/City Chelsea and Arsenal Vic would be the second choice striker or 1st choice for the bottom half of the league.

The main things Vic lacks in imo is self-belief and attitude at times (fans partly to blame). Footballing wise he doesn't try hard enough but this could be put down to fitness and lack of match sharpness as the last time he had a run in the team he looked a force (before the Nolan tackle). Other than that all that pisses me off is his pee rollers across the box, but that can easily be worked on in training and not a major attribute for a striker anyway.