• Allan
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • André Gomes
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • James Rodríguez
    • Richarlison
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Totally agree.  They still have threats and could have scored a couple. The pundits discredited us. 

30 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Agree 100% with both, seems clear to me that the pundits still don’t want to give us any credit when we beat a supposedly higher team, same as when we thumped Man U at Goodison season before last.

I wasn’t meaning the pundits, I rarely pay attention to them. I was referring to some of our fans doing us a disservice 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I don’t get the Spurs we’re poor. We made them look poor, they didn’t get a chance to show anything

Definitely, they had no answer. Saying that if I had a choice and formation of midfield to play against it would have been the one they put out. 

I think someone said in the match day thread that we made their midfield look like ours from last season and it was completely true. They were overrun.

9 hours ago, Matt said:

I don’t get the Spurs we’re poor. We made them look poor, they didn’t get a chance to show anything

Didn't get to watch it but looking at the teamsheets I'd have been dissapointed not to get the three points against that team. I'd imagine spurs fans had as much hope in Dier, Winks, and Hojbjerg as I did seeing Keane, Schneiderlin, and Gana for us. 

21 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Spurs were not poor. They’ll likely beat the likes of Chelsea, Leicester, and Arsenal. We were supremely better and very worthy winners against a good team. 

Not if they play like that they wont. 

They played Winks and Hojberg in midfield. Based on what I saw of them last season that is barely a mid table midfield. 

I also said that I'm not convinced Doherty is a top level right back (as opposed to RWB) and that performance suggested it wasn't. 

I'm also unconvinced that Dier is a CB and I also still can't work out why Mourinho would play Sissoko from the right when they were crying out for him to play through the middle and negate Doucouré's dominance. 

That doesn't mean we didn't play well because we clearly did. We were brilliant at times, but there will be much tougher games to come and this win will stand us in good stead for the challenges that do come.