IGNORED

Salford City (cup) Wednesday 16/9/20

Btay

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Feel for Kean, he looks so desperate. If he could get an early goal then hopefully it would calm him down and give him a bit of confidence to get his foot on the ball, relax and just play his natural game. Not nice to see him struggling against Salford when a few years ago he was looking like a really good prospect for Juventus - he just doesn't seem to have pulled out of first gear for us. I'm desperate to see him do well.

On the flip side, Nkounkou is looking bloody awesome, he's going to have to be special to get ahead of Lucas Digne but he's showing great potential Who knows whether he could be used on the left-wing?

Hes got the feet and pace for it so it seems. 

It's staggering how much weaker we look with the changed midfield, really hits home how much James, Allan and Doucoure have improved us. I've been impressed with the defence, but in the midfield we lack that spark of genius (that the three newbies can provide) and certainly miss a goalscorer up top. I'm pleased that we're winning, but won't feel super confident unless we can grab a two-goal cushion. Could get a little bit squeaky bum if we only have the 1-0 with 10 mins to go, route one from Salford and anything can happen really. 

If it's still 1-0 with 30 mins to go, take off Gordon (replace with Charlie) and swap out Kean for DCL. 

3 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

It's staggering how much weaker we look with the changed midfield, really hits home how much James, Allan and Doucoure have improved us. I've been impressed with the defence, but in the midfield we lack that spark of genius (that the three newbies can provide) and certainly miss a goalscorer up top. I'm pleased that we're winning, but won't feel super confident unless we can grab a two-goal cushion. Could get a little bit squeaky bum if we only have the 1-0 with 10 mins to go, route one from Salford and anything can happen really. 

If it's still 1-0 with 30 mins to go, take off Gordon (replace with Charlie) and swap out Kean for DCL. 

Davies just hasn't got it. I hate to admit it, because he gets Everton, but he just doesn't have it. 

Started brightly but since then we have gone into our shell. Plenty of solid enough performances but also some frustrating ones. 

Of the good, I would include Nkounkou and Bernard. Branthwaite started tidily too. 

The poor mainly lays at the feet of Walcott and Kean, both have been piss poor. 

Davies and Gordon fall into the bright moments category followed by the what the fuck was that afterwards. Gordon is a shame because he looked lively and is clearly looking for that cut inside right footed shot but everytime he has tried something other than that he has been crap. 

The rest fall into the doing enough category.

We look very dangerous on the left side.

We look limp on the right side.

We have the school fence back up front.

Bernard is looking lively.

Centre mid is just about competing, with a div 2 side. 

Keane looks solid and a great goal. Niels looks fantastic. Gordon looks fast and hungry. 

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

We look very dangerous on the left side.

We look limp on the right side.

We have the school fence back up front.

Bernard is looking lively.

Centre mid is just about competing, with a div 2 side. 

Keane looks solid and a great goal. Niels looks fantastic. Gordon looks fast and hungry. 

It's so sad to see a "PL" midfield side struggling against a Div 2 side... at home.

If Rom's first touch was dreadful Kean's is atrocious. Complete cinder blocks. As someone mentioned stop trying to get his back to goal and let him loose out in the wide areas to run at defenders. Rom ended up being great for us with headers and inside 12 yards. That's where Kean will succeed, not as a hold up striker. 

5 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Comfortably on top.  It’s obvious players aren’t fit yet after no preaseason.   Another day and bernards shot is a goaL and Walcott doEsnt fluff it

The opposition have barely played since march.  The players have been on solo training plans..... 3 leagues below us

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Comfortably on top.  It’s obvious players aren’t fit yet after no preaseason.   Another day and bernards shot is a goaL and Walcott doEsnt fluff it

1-0 is not comfortable by any stretch to a lower tier team. Especially when our goal has come from a corner.

Young Lb is looking very very good, great bit of business from brands.

Gordon is following Richarlisons steps as the LF who can cut in, looking very dangerous.

Bernard and Davies are trying to get on the ball and make things happen. Seems like Sigurdsson only wants the ball when it’s a corner/free kick.

Kean - struggling.

Keane - changing my opinion on him. Assured and looking like a leader.