Sign in to follow this  
Louis

Weir

I am quite shocked to find out that this is his ninth season at Everton. Well and truly a bargain when you consider he was 250k. If he hangs on another year he'll be granted a testimonial!

Would be happy for him to move on and wasn't happy when he was given another year contract but he has been a good servant to the club and deserves a testimonial.

Zed    1

Didnt know he'd be been here that long, theres life in the old dog yet and I think it was good that he stayed with Everton, dont forget he was offered other options in the summer

He might be old but hes good

Would be happy for him to move on and wasn't happy when he was given another year contract but he has been a good servant to the club and deserves a testimonial.

i agree with that mate completely, was fuming when he got a new contract, never rated the guy for some reason,but always seems to be amazing when he plays for scotland

Ian    3

He was my favourite player for quite a few years. Last few seasons hes shown his age but you cant fault they fellas commitment and bravery at times.

Still a decent replacement in the short term when there is an injury.

yeh. people are so negative about him and i agree that he is old now and needs to move on at the end of the season. but we need to say that he has been a great servant to us. always committed and saved us on a few occasions (had a cracking season when we finished 4th).

id give him a testimonial. he deserves it.

Mac    0

Still producing the goods for his country too. I like the boy, but he has a habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

ATB

Mac

Mac    0
If only he could score like Teddy....

:lol::lol::lol:

........and shoot like Beckham, run like Lennon, dribble like Giggs and dive like Drogba.

ATB

Mac

i dont understand the whole thing that he should move on at the end of the year, the fella isnt draining our cash like the big fella was, his experience and knowledge will help our younger players, and i include Yobo and Lescott in that, even if hes only here for on the training field and for cover, maybe even bring in cover to stand before him, but he is of benefit to the club even if hes not playing, the same goes for Stubbsy in my opinion too

FIVE Centre Halfs and no LEFT WINGER. :o:o silly way to build a squad innit . :)

We dont need all of them, better to ease one or two of them out and build in other positions. IMO.

Ian    3

Agree with Liam on this one, their experience is vital. If yobo and lescott get injured the boy Hughes would be shitting himself. I think two experience players in the squad can do no harm.

The left mid point is a good one but I think that should be addressed without getting rid of any defenders, it would free up much money and we wont get a fee for them. Money from killa and surely their is another few quid hanging about? (optimisitc i know :lol: )