IGNORED

Vdm

Ian

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nowhere near man of the match, that honour lies between Howard and Lescott.

VDM still not completed 90 mins we will be lucky to see him again before he goes in January.

PS......are we the only prem team to field FIVE centre halfs. Yobo Lescott, Stubbs, Hughes and Weir.

Edited by Licker

he played well

some good crosses and running past people hopefully he can reproduce this form next week

after that performance i believe he should be given a starting role as he is a confidence player and think he could give us a kick start after a few dodgy results

hopefully giving us another outlet rather than just having cahill and Johnson

plus hopefully providing beattie with some ammo

did i just say ammo

I'm sorry folks, but one swallow does not a summer make, he needs to convince me with more than overdue half-decent performance.

Sorry to piss on your chips peeps but he still owes us big time.

ATB

Mac

Agreed..for the love of god one match where he actually earns his wages and everybody nears hieghtened states of sexual arrousal.

He's a waster and should be gotten rid of,hopefully this was his swansong with clubs in holland watching him,maybe just maybe he's done us a favour played a decent game to get his move.

Xcept the over 35's.

Might be more in that, than meets the eye.

I did chuckle a whloe thread of optimism, then 5 old prix shoot it 2 the shitter @ very the end.

LMFAO

Ended up with 5 centre halfs and 4 forwards at the end.

Thought that VDM played well and would like to see more of it but agree with the likes of Licker and Mac that 1 doesn't put everything right.

Hope he gets to play a part of the next game though

I must admit watching the game - I did think to my self how useful a player he would be, if his first half performance yesterday was the norm in an Everton shirt.

He has been a poor return for what we hoped - I would say mainly down to injury, and then apparently going on the bottle afterwards, rather than his lack of talent.

We saw a first half performance - that in my opinion has been to long coming, and would at this point still say if a half decent offer comes in for him in January - he must go.

However, there are another 5 games before the transfer window opens. If (and I mean a big if) he stays fit and gets a run of game that shows the same level of performance throughout, he will indeed be like a new signing.

Yesterday, again showed that he is a talented footballer, good crosses, taking players on and beating them, so the lad can play in the Prem, and all that not being match fit or on the same wave length as his team mates yet.

Like many I would love to see a fully fit, confident VDM having a prolonged run in the Everton first team, but like most you just get the feeling that in one or two games time, just as he gets match fit - he will be back on the treatment table.

As a few people have said, its going to take more than a single performance to turn any career at Goodison around. Although yesterdays performance is a start - so at least he now has something to build on.

So a case of watch this space at the moment.

Lesscott was my man of the match - I have been sooo impressed by this lad - taken to Prem like a duck to water.

watching him skin konchesky timeless times then putting in a perfect cross made me smile.

if he does that all the time our attacking options will be better. cahill and BT will prosper and with arteta in the middle he can skin players in midfield and put through the killer ball through to AJ.

please VDM for the love of the the club. stay uninjured and carry on with what your doing.