IGNORED

Brian Mc Bride

chuky_r_law

what a shame. looks like a guy who would have given his all for the club, unlike some of the others we've signed since. how much is that kind of commitment worth?

Aye a fraction of the price of the wastrel BT he would have been a decent enough siging thats for sure.

McBride has done well at Fulham, but he is getting on a bit to be honest, so buying a player of 33 year old isn't really moving forward, just a quick fit. If we have paid £2M at 33 years old, most of us would not seen it as moving forward.

Not many players still cut the mustard at 35 -36, so him still going well now is more of an acception rather than the norm. So fair does to him.

He was Im sure I recall considred to be too much the wrong side of 30.

However, he has made monkeys of that.

Solid Pro Indeed.

shevva at chelsea £30 mill..now that a waste of money

Once again we just couldnt afford him

To be honest, if we would have bought him there would have been an uproar on this, 'hes too old, the clubs moving backwards' etc. (I probably would have been one of them, I liked him but the age was a worry)

He was a good player for us, but he was pushing it age wise then and it was a gamble, we didnt want another 30 plus player on 30 plus a week....we already had two of them ;)

Fulham gambled and it paid off, its only a quick fix though and it could have gone wrong.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing ;)

Edited by Ian