IGNORED

How Much Is The Squad Worth?

jofanon

A bit of a pointless exercise but would do you think the squad is worth is today's market?

Wright £0.5m

Hibbert £2.5m

Lescott £8m

Yobo £4.5m

Stubbs £1m

Weir £0.5k

Neville £3.5m

Valente £1.75m

Van Meyde £1m

Arteta £8m

Cahill £8m

Davies £2.5m

Osman £2.5m

Carsley £1m

Johnson £8m

Beattie £4.5m

Anichbe £3.5m

Vaughan £2.5m

McFadden £2m

Wright £0.5m

Hibbert £2m

Lescott £7m

Yobo £4m

Stubbs £0.2m

Weir £0.2k

Neville £2.5m

Valente £.8m

Van Meyde £1m

Arteta £7m

Cahill £7m

Davies £2.5m

Osman £2m

Carsley £.2m

Johnson £6m

Beattie £4m

Anichbe £2.5m

Vaughan £2.5m

McFadden £2m

roughly about 53 mil , i think its qutie optimistic too

You're right, this doesnt prove much at all.

Bolton's squad probably is worth less than you lot. Look at them, consistently challenging for Europe in the past couple of seasons.

Its how a manager raises the game of 'lesser players', if i can use those words, is what matters. Your '50' million squad easily has the potential to be 7-8 and is only a couple of players away from europe (6th place)

You're right, this doesnt prove much at all.

Bolton's squad probably is worth less than you lot. Look at them, consistently challenging for Europe in the past couple of seasons.

Its how a manager raises the game of 'lesser players', if i can use those words, is what matters. Your '50' million squad easily has the potential to be 7-8 and is only a couple of players away from europe (6th place)

bolton seem to take on older players with a good pedigree rather than younger players. i dont think its a strategy for long term success.

moyes has introduced younger players and reduced the average age of the side. he's planning for the future and i think that makes more sense.

A bit of a pointless exercise but would do you think the squad is worth is today's market?

Wright £0.5m

Hibbert £2.5m

Lescott £8m

Yobo £4.5m

Stubbs £1m

Weir £0.5k

Neville £3.5m

Valente £1.75m

Van Meyde £1m

Arteta £8m

Cahill £8m

Davies £2.5m

Osman £2.5m

Carsley £1m

Johnson £8m

Beattie £4.5m

Anichbe £3.5m

Vaughan £2.5m

McFadden £2m

Bit of nonsense becuase as we all know contracts mean nothing nowadays.. :(

Anybody who would give us £1m for VDM should be dragged away in a straightjacket and certified insane. :)

True..i just hope we find him though and soon ;)

Probably the interesting question should be how much did the squad cost and how much is is worth.

I am sure somebody, has some time to do the sums.

That way on average we can see if money is being spent well. OK you will get some depresiation as some of the players get older, Carsley, Neville, Valente etc. But that life.

I would say our squad is as good as quality as it has been in a long while. Consiering these days when a £5M player isn't consisered particulaly expensive.

We gave Chelsea a bloody good game on Sunday - and as somebody mentioned we have spent less than they have on a couple of stikers. I would also suggest Chesleas bench on the weekend cost more that our whole squad, never mind our starting 11.

What I like about our current squad is the average age, and the attitude of the players we have. We have had very few quick fix players come to the club over the last 3 or 4 seasons, and no charlie big potatoes!!