IGNORED

Newcastle Fans 'we Heard Monkey Noises'

Louis

what a load of shite.

from the middle section of the main stand??? so the corporates and the directors were making monkey noises???

them lovable geordies make me laugh!

and why would we make racist comments towards a black player, when our best performer of late also happens to be black?

I know this is generalising, but I have found a great many of the Turkish people (not all) I have met in the past to be racist in the extreme.

ATB

Mac

i dont think its generalising too much, ive found a lot of "eastern european" nationals to be racist. you see it at most international matches.

• 3 weeks later...

I have it on good athority that there were individuals at the park end side of the main stand making monkey noises to the newcastle player

Seat numbers were past on to the authorities and EFC

Some older members on here will remember when it was the done thing in the gwladys st,

I used to be ashamed of this chant circa 1980's - " Everton Are white, Everton are white, are we, are we "

We have had some history & Yobo nearly didnt come because of those perceived attitudes.

Makes us an easy target.

Though it's a billion times better than the old days.

I also recall Mark Walters getting pelters one time many years ago V -> Us.

He was both Kopite & off African descent - Cannon fodder 4 the Bigots of the time. ( Though he got the B-Nana treatment @ Ibrox)

What scares me is many of those arl Bigot's - Son's are now also Big Blues & uno it carries thru doesnt it.

We have a small but unsociable element still left @ GP.

I used to be ashamed of this chant circa 1980's - " Everton Are white, Everton are white, are we, are we "

We have had some history & Yobo nearly didnt come because of those perceived attitudes.

Makes us an easy target.

Though it's a billion times better than the old days.

I also recall Mark Walters getting pelters one time many years ago V -> Us.

He was both Kopite & off African descent - Cannon fodder 4 the Bigots of the time. ( Though he got the B-Nana treatment @ Ibrox)

What scares me is many of those arl Bigot's - Son's are now also Big Blues & uno it carries thru doesnt it.

I think its the same biggots (as it was in the main stand), but 20 years old, however not 20 years wiser

That's a general society thing though I think...don't know if we're worse than anyone else now but certainly we've got a pretty shameful history in this dept. Thankfully any overt stuff is jumped on now fairly rapidly and dealt with.