Sign in to follow this  
Romey 1878

Moyes To Rangers

Alot of Rangers fans are wanting Moyes to replace Le Guen. IMO it would be the beginning of the end if we let Moyes go, there is nobody that could and would come in to replace him that could do the job for us.

What does everyone think?

^ i can't because i don't personally know any managers and also im not the chairman, not my job to decide

there will be others though whether it be in a lower division or abroad there will be others

Lets face it...it doesn't matter what Moyes has said in the past, nor who he played for.

cast you mind's back to "once a blue, always a blue", then low and behold, he moved like the proverbial off a hot shovel!

If the money is right, he'll go. There are far too many career personalities in football for loyalties these days, and its a shame.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see Moyes leave, far from it. I think that he is getting to the stage of having his own squad which he shaping up nicely. I just hope we can keep him firmly with the blues.

He has made minor grumblings in the past about financial backing and the lack of support about buying and having to sell players. BK and the other lot need to pump money into the club, which will encourage Moyes to stay, rather than keeping him cash starved and frustrated.

:)

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.

Coppell is a RS.

ATB

Mac

He may be but hes a very good manager IMO.

BUT

I would prefer to cross that bridge if/when we come to it

I dont think Moyes has finished what he started, he needs to complete the job before he moves on.

It wont happen IMO, wouldnt be suprised if Walter went back and done the international team in his spare time.

He may be but hes a very good manager IMO.

BUT

I would prefer to cross that bridge if/when we come to it

I dont think Moyes has finished what he started, he needs to complete the job before he moves on.

It wont happen IMO, wouldnt be suprised if Walter went back and done the international team in his spare time.

Apart from us winning the league, champions league etc how is Moyes ever gonna complete the job he started. I mean when exactly would you consider his job finished?

How long is a piece of sting...

I think that Alex Ferguson has pretty much exceeded what he set out to do, but he continues. When a managers time is up, it is obvious...and for me, Moyes has a lot to do yet - which is why I want him to stay.

Rumours are crazy up here, and apparently Walter Smith is to take the Rangers job. :(

Moyes will stay where he is - for now at least.

half the people i know want moyes to go anyway, the whole "whats he done for us?hes too negative for us, makes bad decisions in the squad, persists with beattie, bad transfer decisions etc" which in all honesty is a fair enough argument, but isnt every manager like that?at the end of the day moyes is still really an inexperienced and young manager and people seem to be forgetting that, and ill admit whilst some of moyes' decisions hack me off, at the end of the day he and the squad have definately got the talent to get us into europe and beyond, rome wasnt built in a day eh?

on another note, if he were to leave, would anyone else agree with me in saying that a good replacement for him would be iain dowie? ill get my coat:(

plays attractive attacking football with wing play.. i think if he had our team now hed finally get the best out of davies and aj and maybe even vdm and mcfadden

Totally agree mate if we used good wing play beattie would have been a hit with the fans imo.

half the people i know want moyes to go anyway, the whole "whats he done for us?hes too negative for us, makes bad decisions in the squad, persists with beattie, bad transfer decisions etc" which in all honesty is a fair enough argument, but isnt every manager like that?at the end of the day moyes is still really an inexperienced and young manager and people seem to be forgetting that, and ill admit whilst some of moyes' decisions hack me off, at the end of the day he and the squad have definately got the talent to get us into europe and beyond, rome wasnt built in a day eh?

on another note, if he were to leave, would anyone else agree with me in saying that a good replacement for him would be iain dowie? ill get my coat:(

:blink:

That would be a wise decision to get your coat. Would you like it in the Championship then?

Saying Smith as director of Football and Ally McCoist joining the staff as well but not sure that is as head coach or manager or something like that or not

Moyes is just now starting to get together a squad of his players at Everton, and we are still moving forward under him. He has a good relationship with the board - I just don't feel its the right time for him to move to another club just yet.

Seems to me that Ranger are going for Smith and Ally.

I still dont understand why people want Moyes to go.

This season we are extremely likely to have a top half finish. We are now consistantly getting to be a top half team. 5 or 6 years ago we were consistantly a bottom half team.

And he didnt do half bad in the Goodison derby this season did he.

hes done well... but i think theres not much more he can do. hes not good in the market...he doesnt play to players strengths hes ruined some players... he dithers with substitutions....his tactics are negative, when we win wer normally scraping it from being on the back foot since we scored, which there isnt always a need for....and team selections like last week, puzzling to say the least.

hes done well... but i think theres not much more he can do. hes not good in the market...he doesnt play to players strengths hes ruined some players... he dithers with substitutions....his tactics are negative, when we win wer normally scraping it from being on the back foot since we scored, which there isnt always a need for....and team selections like last week, puzzling to say the least.

who has he ruined???

Wright?

as alot of people have said before, Beattie only had one good season in his career, the rest were just average. DM can not be blamed for Beatties problems.

Davies was never a special player, had a bit of pace and flair in his early years, but never really did anythin special at Spurs.

AJ looks great playing up front on his own, he looks a little lost sometimes when hes in a front two. but at his goal scoring best at Palace he played on his own.

got to disagree with you here mate

well we shall have to disagree but my opinion is that

beattie - ok he was never a class act, but he was a good player, and i believe if we'd played to hsi strengths and worked him hard enough he could have been a good player for the club, i bet if a manager who gets the best out of players like big sam had bought him then everyone would be thinking alot differently about him

davies- he is the main player that upsets me. i was so happy and excited when we signed davies. i disagree that he was nothing special at spurs. he was a tricky winger with a great deal of promise. tricky, bit of a pace and a great crosser of the ball, and moyes brings him into a team crying out for a natural winger and turns him into a center mid....what the fuck was that about. 2 of my m8s are spurs fans and they were both gutted he left one of them said 'great signing for you, he's the right sided ryan giggs of the future'....seems laughable to us now though doesn't it. i still like him but that's how highly they rated him. he was and still could be a very good player, and it saddens me to see people wanting him gone for figuresl ike 2 million when he's a player that we could use if only we gave him the chance in his rightful position without moyes telling him to come inside all the time

aj - i accept ur palace point. but the reason he scores for palace so much and got so many pens was because he got plenty of balls to run onto a lot from routledge. he isn't getting that now as he was at the start of the season...why? i believe it to be his movement. having watched a numebr of recent matches hes not making runsdown the line like he was nearer the start, when he was scoring and when we played well (maybe its cahills support that helps him, but still thats up to moyes to sort out). he was getting behind defenders and racing down the line causing problems. the goal few weeks ago for mcfadden is a good example, although he wasnt put thru he raced down the wing to win the ball and put a good ball in. it seems to me hes been told to play central. whenever we get the ball hes dead center and not moving into space...what use is pace if you dont let the lad use it? and for anyone thinking that his fault not moyes, i disagree i think its fairly clear hes been told to hold his central position more. his first touch isnt necessarily good enough (moyes needs to improve him there, and is failing) to stay in the middle and beat defenders.

but yeh, agree to disagree :(

Back to the Moyes to Rangers subject, it seems a little unlikely now as Walter Smith and Ally McMoist! seems to be the forerunners in this race. Thankfully.

Or we could look at worse case scenario's, Moyes does go to Rangers and we get Wally back? ARGH!!!!!!!!

:)

Some rumours going round Moyes is to be approached for the Scotland job. Its probably crap but please God let it be so! Seriously though he has done a reasonable job in stabilising us and I thank him for removing the continual threat of relegation but in my 40 years of watching this club I have never seen such negative tactics and boring football as I am seeing now! Its so obvious the players have no confidence and seek to get rid of the ball as soon as possible. That usually results in a hoof ball. This happens because they are playing with fear, fear of having the manager on their backs slagging them off! How often do you see one of our players running into space and getting behind the opposition. They seem to all crowd together in midfield in one part of the pitch. The opposition close them down and the receiver of the pass has no time to do anything positive with the ball because his back is always to the goal. Its obvious they have been drilled by the manager not to take risks, not to make mistakes, to play safety first, (the percentage game!). What does that result in, it results in crap football and enough 1-0 victories for us to avoid the drop. Now if some of you are happy to spend your hard earned cash watching that, fair enough. I'm not though, I want something better!

Be rich of them 2 Aproach a Manager in contract when they are allegedly sueing the Manager whom just left for Rangers in regard's 2 such.