IGNORED

Lord Grantchester Donates £100,000 To The Everton Collection

Louis

Former Everton director Lord Grantchester has donated £100,000 to the newly formed charity, the club have also donated aproximately £250,000. I know it's not exactly new news, but it's worth a mention.

According to Keith Wyness over £400,000 has been raised so far. The total needed to secure the collection is £800,000.

https://www.evertoncollection.org.uk/

Undeniably. However the club are saying that it belongs to them and they shouldn't have had to buy it back in the first place. The guy who collected all the stuff David France has in my opinion pulled off a masterstroke in geting it as a registered charity.

This means that it is a seperate entity to the club so if Roman Abramovich's lovechild or whoever comes along and decides to cash in on historic things like that, he can't.

As it is a registered charity, gift aids can be used so whilst and whilst Dr. David France values the collection at £1.2million, he is asking for the club for a cut-price £800,000. This means that the charity 'only' need to raise £625,000 as the inlance revenue will give around 28% of the amount donated.

He's applied for funding from the national lottery and if accepted it will be help significantly towards the intended target of £800,000.

One thing I'm disapointed with is the fact that once it's secured it will only be viewable in the Liverpool data records office. I would have thought we'd have it in a mini EFC museum or something similar.

Undeniably. However the club are saying that it belongs to them and they shouldn't have had to buy it back in the first place. The guy who collected all the stuff David France has in my opinion pulled off a masterstroke in geting it as a registered charity.

This means that it is a seperate entity to the club so if Roman Abramovich's lovechild or whoever comes along and decides to cash in on historic things like that, he can't.

As it is a registered charity, gift aids can be used so whilst and whilst Dr. David France values the collection at £1.2million, he is asking for the club for a cut-price £800,000. This means that the charity 'only' need to raise £625,000 as the inlance revenue will give around 28% of the amount donated.

He's applied for funding from the national lottery and if accepted it will be help significantly towards the intended target of £800,000.

One thing I'm disapointed with is the fact that once it's secured it will only be viewable in the Liverpool data records office. I would have thought we'd have it in a mini EFC museum or something similar.

That is surprising, you can bet your life if it was Liverpool doing the same thing for their history pieces that they'd have them displayed at the stadium or something similar.