IGNORED

Everton V Man Utd

Neil

prediction time i am going for a draw 1-1 altough with r injury problems going into this game it will be a really hard game and i can see kilbane and wright both starting the match which makes it even harder

Edited by blueboys

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(s)kilbane has the beating of every right back in the air in the country, thats why he still has a place at Everton.

i think moyes can send the boys out like last season, and just close down shop, 10 men behind the ball, give man ure no time, and no space, and play for a nil nil.

plenty of teams will go to man ure and get nothing, money buys class, and they have plenty of both.

no cahill, no arteta, no martyn? no ferguson? doesnt look promising.

be interesting to see phil, and how he treats the opposition.

might revert to 4-5-1 and pack the midfield. who have we got..............

..................Wright

....hibbo..yobo..weir..neville

..................davies

....Vdm....osman.. kilbane..mcfadden

....................beattie...................

Jeez .....doesnt look very strong, if ferarri or valente are back bring neville into midfield. Best we can hope for is a fighting,spoiling draw......0-0

..bear in mind that they have a huge game at Benfica on Wednesday, could be an era ending night for them (let's hope so), if they lose they're not even in the UEFA cup. Their midfield is seriously lightweight also, if we had a fully fit squad I'd take our midfield options over theirs at the moment. All things considered I think a draw is not out of the question, hears hoping the Portuguese kick a few lumps out of them..

Edited by mikeo

good call mikeo their game on wednesday is a huge game for them. They will be putting everything into that game hopefully too much.

Can anyone confirm that Van Nistlerooy is suspended for the game someone told me he was

I heard he was suspended also, plus I agree with mikeo that their midfield is lightweight, from all reports they are a one-man-team and I think you all know who that man is

I don't think it's all doom and gloom. Confidence has to be high, and as everybody is pointing out their midfield is seriously lightweight. I'd certainly pack the midfield with Neville coming in for Arteta and Valente slotting in. As I've said before Wright frightens me to death and we seem to defend ten yards deeper when he plays whether thats due to him not telling the defence to push out, or its them worrying who they have behind them.I suspect a bit of both. I'll go for 1-1, Beattie to put us in front.

i read van the man is suspended too and that Saha will have his chance against us. saha and rooney isnt exactly the weakest partnership ever. I think it will either be 1-1 or 0-3, depends if we can keep it tight until half time.

i didnt know van nilstroy was suspended thats great news and personally i dont rate saha

YEAH YOUR TEAM EXCEPT FOR TURNER. but he might go the 4-5-1 drop neville back, switch Vdm to the right and drop faddy back.

....................wright.......................

hibbo ....yobo......weir......Valente

....................neville......................

Vdm......osman......davies.....mcfad

......................beattie....................

0-0 Draw, with Keane making a comeback to ManUre and breaking Shrek's legs...

3-0 to united - we'll not get a result at Old trafford with out TC and a left back to free Neville up for midfield.

As much as I like Osman's attacking style - he is a shit defender - as is Davies - our midfield will get torn apart by Utd's

We are in the sh*t big time.

As long as killa & wright dont play we will have a fighting chance!!

Sadly they will both figure  :(

Think you need to change your outlook or your sig fishman!!! You're contradicting yourself!

(Reminds me

"Doctor, doctor I keep forgetting to take my contradiction pills!"

"You're ignorant"

"Yes, three months")

well were 14/1 to win this one, and rightly so i think with the number of important players we have out.

Arteta has been outstanding this season playing the ball round well, crossing brilliantly and making intelligent passes and runs.

Cahill is a player who's determination and skill are always missed by us, though we did manage to do ok against Blackburn I think Man U will be a different story.

Nigel Martyn, hasn't had a lot to do in the last few games due to our defence playing so well, when he has been called into action he's done brilliantly though. as soon as Teflon came on he had both the fans and his own defence in nerves for the rest of the match.

If the defence can stay settled with teflon behind them we could scrape a draw or just lose by 1 goal. If however they lose their confidence due to him being there then it'll all be damage limitation.

Interestingly, with an handicap of 1.5 on their shoulders the blues become favourite so clearly the bookies only have us down to let 1 in.

http://advfn.oddschecker.com/advfn/mode/o/...425x/sid/776806

At odds of 12/1 for an Everton win (by whatever score)

I must say I fancy a couple of quid on a double

Beattie, Ferguson or McFadden to get the first goal (1/14 to 20/1)

I would say we are farily high in confidnece now as a team, while this United squad must be on a all time low after getting dumped out of Europe last night.

High odds for a good reason, but 12/1 thats value to me in a two horse race especially after last night.