IGNORED

Everton V Man Utd

Neil

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cahill and Arteta suspended, VDM is injured for 4 weeks and Martyn has a minor injury. So, i think we should start with this line-up against Manure.

4-1-4-1:

---------------------------Wright----------------------------

Hibbert----------Yobo---------------Weir-----------Valente

--------------------------Neville-----------------------------

Osman--------Davies-------------Kilbane----------McFadden

--------------------------Beattie-----------------------------

Result prediction : Man Utd 0 - 1 Everton

Anyone know if you'd ever do practice matches without a keeper to really test the defence?

We used to & was soem time ago Patch & was also no Pele :( .. However, U could only shoot via 1 touch ( oft ya non natural foot) & within the 6 yard box only.

Idea was possesion & compression (playing without ball.)

Edited by PatV

brilliant stuff from the lads.

especially some of the players we often slate on here. wright, kilbane and mcfadden.

mcfadden is really starting to look good, kilbane was attacking well and despite making his usual cock ups and not being great at the back he ran at united well and worked hard all the time. Teflon I thought had an excellent game, no awesome saves to make but didn't make any mistakes.

shame we didn't make the most of the chances we had. mcfadden in that one on one when we were on the break and bent near the end, what the hell was that?! 2 against 1 acres of space and he passes to ferdiand.

great result though, a very pleasant suprise.

Two winnable home games in quick succession then away to Villa, we're already on European form so six or seven points has got to be minimum hope. We're back..and thank fuck for that!! A good Christmas and Europe is within reach again. If only we'd had a half decent start!

Edited by mikeo

prediction time i am going for a draw 1-1 altough with r injury problems going into this game it will be a really hard game and i can see kilbane and wright both starting the match which makes it even harder

boy was i spot on wish i was as good doing the lotto i am well happy with the draw and as much as i hate to say it but wright had a good game in goal made some quality saves beatie still doesnt look fit to me

don't have a link myself but the goal was good, great running from kilbane then when he was closed down outside the 18 osman played a ball through to mcfadden who was running free just inside the left hand side of the area.

hit it well at a tight angle and i really didn't think he'd get it but great effort. van de sar really should have done better though.

giggs goal was excellent, as the commentator said yobo should have tracked him but fantastic pass from scholes and a brilliant finish from giggs.

united were looking pretty desperate to score, pushing far too many players up but really didn't play well, for all their 20 shots on goal they never really looked like scoring.