IGNORED

James Mcfadden

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what his deal actually is - a pay per game would be ok. If he's on a proper paid contract then yes, I can see the concern.

Only time will tell if he's proves to be an invaluable asset, or a another example of wasted money.

Not sure what Moyes can do though? if he brings in a rookie - there's room for criticism there too. If he doesn't bring anybody in - he'll get criticised for that. Bringing in a relatively seasoned player has 'some' logic to it - doesn't it?

Accepting the whole 'crapiness' of the situation in general - is it not a case of making the best of whatever limited funds you do have?

Isn't any player you bring in likely to be a bit depressing - since they're not going to be of the quality you'd normally expect at Everton?

I wasn't going to bother posting for a while, as I've not felt enthusiastic about anything football related for weeks, but this is an interesting one.

It's important to look on the bright side here, rather than look for negatives.

Mcfadden is a hard worker, and knows the Everton set up. We haven't sold a player in order to bring him in. He is here totally as a bonus, and for a club that has zero money to spend, it's great business.

Vellios will still get his chances, like every other player, but you have to look at the size of our squad. If we get injuries we've had it. The fact Vellios and Barkley etc are getting a game is because we are so thin on the ground. Football is about a squad.

Faddy is another of those players that has been unlucky with injuries. When we sold him, we were all shocked if we're honest, as he was well liked at Everton, but we made £4m profit on that deal, and 3 years later, the guy is still only 28 years old, and scored what I think was one of the best goals I've seen while he was with us.

He's no waste of space. He is a blood and guts player, and won't cost us much. It's a win win situation for both parties, and wish him all the best. Come January, Moyes can look at the situation, but we aren't exactly in a position to be fussy at the moment, and there are many decent sides that would welcome him, and for us to get him is quite lucky if we're honest.

Anyone who says he is shite is talking through their arse. He's a great squad player to have, and could be just the kick up the ass the team needs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V-0tEM-SR0

I wasn't going to bother posting for a while, as I've not felt enthusiastic about anything football related for weeks, but this is an interesting one.

Mcfadden is a hard worker, and knows the Everton set up. We haven't sold a player in order to bring him in. He is here totally as a bonus, and for a club that has zero money to spend, it's great business.

Vellios will still get his chances, like every other player, but you have to look at the size of our squad. If we get injuries we've had it. The fact Vellios and Barkley etc are getting a game is because we are so thin on the ground. Football is about a squad.

Faddy is another of those players that has been unlucky with injuries. When we sold him, we were all shocked if we're honest, as he was well liked at Everton, but we made £4m profit on that deal, and 3 years later, the guy is still only 28 years old, and scored what I think was one of the best goals I've seen while he was with us.

He's no waste of space. He is a blood and guts player, and won't cost us much. It's a win win situation for both parties, and wish him all the best. Come January, Moyes can look at the situation, but we aren't exactly in a position to be fussy at the moment, and there are many decent sides that would welcome him, and for us to get him is quite lucky if we're honest.

Anyone who says he is shite is talking through their arse. He's a great squad player to have, and could be just the kick up the ass the team needs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V-0tEM-SR0

Hard working, blood and guts? More like lazy and frustrating throw in inconsistent too.

Poor signing, seriously.

Avinalaff, I could not disagree more (apart from the goal v. Charlton) with your description of MacFadden. One of the most frustrating players I have seen in my forty odd years watching Everton. Hard working, honestly I have seen habitual doleites work harder. I wasn't shocked to see him leave three years ago, in fact most Blues I know where quite happy with that decision because he offered nothing to the team, more shocked at his return. A championship side don't want him, a constant premiership relegation side don't want him and a struggling team in a two horse race don't want him, if they did they would have pulled out the stops to et him. Your quote of "I wasn't going to bother posting for a while, as I've not felt enthusiastic about anything football related for weeks....." really sums this episode up for me. Like most who have voiced their disagreement let us hope how wrong we are.

Avinalaff, I could not disagree more (apart from the goal v. Charlton) with your description of MacFadden. One of the most frustrating players I have seen in my forty odd years watching Everton. Hard working, honestly I have seen habitual doleites work harder. I wasn't shocked to see him leave three years ago, in fact most Blues I know where quite happy with that decision because he offered nothing to the team, more shocked at his return. A championship side don't want him, a constant premiership relegation side don't want him and a struggling team in a two horse race don't want him, if they did they would have pulled out the stops to et him. Your quote of "I wasn't going to bother posting for a while, as I've not felt enthusiastic about anything football related for weeks....." really sums this episode up for me. Like most who have voiced their disagreement let us hope how wrong we are.

This.

Why did we sign this useless piece of shit. Moyes has lost the plot look at vellios scores a 1000 goals and still can't get a start ahead of that 40 year old french bastard who couldn't run out of sight in a dark night.

Interesting post from someone who says Suarez is a racist rat.

What's irritated me more than anything about this is that the club must surely know how the fans would receive this!

I would rather have nothing than have McFadden - I went to 7 a side last night and the red noses were having a field day. Blimey the club feel aggrieved at the Blue Union for exposing the financial plight? Signing McFadden is like sticking an "everything must go" sign in the front of the shop. To top it off Moyes has mentioned the chances that Barkley will be sold in the future.

We have gone back to the days of signing the John Spencers of this world.

as i said i always liked him but he had his time here...he had a decent run in the team at one stage and got a few important and beautiful goals..but that time has gone for me..the guy has never been the player he should have been and i think that is proof he doesn't work hard enough..he has an attitude about him yeah but blood and guts grafter? last thing i'd ever describe him as

I thought he had something to offer when he left. He has the talent but consistency is his problem. A 30 yard screamer followed by squandering absolute sitters.

In his time away from Goodison he has maintained an ability to do wonderful things and score great goals but still remains inconsistent, this is why nobody else but Celtic wanted him.

A backward step for us and to echo most thoughts on here I will be disappointed if his arrival limits the chances of our younger lads. He had a chance here before and didnt take it

Why did we sign this useless piece of shit. Moyes has lost the plot look at vellios scores a 1000 goals and still can't get a start ahead of that 40 year old french bastard who couldn't run out of sight in a dark night.

Hes scored 2 goals you idiot and Saha is 33 as well as a proven premiership striker, albeit in a slump. Now how about you sod off?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8V-0tEM-SR0

He's shite...putting two clips of good strikes isn't going to prove he is not he's a striker it's his job to be albe to ermm striker the ball...

How is he the type of player to give the other lads a kick up the arse? He has never been a workhorse and he never will be he's a pretty average player who has seen better days and is a huge step backwards.

I'd have rather kept Beckford then even contemplate re-signing players of Faddy's calibre plus we have young lads knocking on the door.

The lad has come here on a free. Losing Beckford, or any other player is irrelevant to signing Mcfadden. We are skint, and have a squad that is not big enough to ensure our Premiership survival should we suffer injuries. The transfer window is closed until January, which means we can't sign anybody else until then. Mcfadden joining us strengthens our squad. This is the only fact we need concern ourselves about. He hasn't joined to be our number one striker. He is simply part of our squad, and our squad is now stronger by one player.

All the negatives being passed around are pointless.

How can any fan be unhappy about him joining for free? Put your brains in to gear, and stop confusing the issue. Moyes didn't have a choice between signing Mcfadden or Messi, and chose Mcfadden. He had a choice between saying yes or no to a free player, and quite rightly said yes.

Even if you think he isn't good enough, it is irrelevant. He was free, and our squad is now stronger because of him signing. I swear some of you don't look beyond your noses through crying about everything you have no control of.

Feel free to continue to be negative, and dampen your spirits further, or grow the fuck up and see the positives.

The lad has come here on a free. Losing Beckford, or any other player is irrelevant to signing Mcfadden. We are skint, and have a squad that is not big enough to ensure our Premiership survival should we suffer injuries. The transfer window is closed until January, which means we can't sign anybody else until then. Mcfadden joining us strengthens our squad. This is the only fact we need concern ourselves about. He hasn't joined to be our number one striker. He is simply part of our squad, and our squad is now stronger by one player.

All the negatives being passed around are pointless.

How can any fan be unhappy about him joining for free? Put your brains in to gear, and stop confusing the issue. Moyes didn't have a choice between signing Mcfadden or Messi, and chose Mcfadden. He had a choice between saying yes or no to a free player, and quite rightly said yes.

Even if you think he isn't good enough, it is irrelevant. He was free, and our squad is now stronger because of him signing. I swear some of you don't look beyond your noses through crying about everything you have no control of.

Feel free to continue to be negative, and dampen your spirits further, or grow the fuck up and see the positives.

All negatives pointless? When you consider we have signed a player who is going to take a salary who in my opinion will be a 5th choice striker behind saha, vellios, cahill, denis, a 4th choice left mid behind osman(?!) drenthe, bily, barkley then there is a point to it. We are skint and he isn't coming to earn a pack of wine gums and tickets to blood brothers.

Above all else it sends out the wrong message - in terms of ambition and direction we are going backwards.

Bimey, the money saved on arteta's wages has been used up on drenthe, dennis and mcfadden - of which I can't see moyes playing one from the start.

What are the positives in this? Blood and guts and workrate? I don't think so.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-columnists/david-prentice-column/2008/01/18/maverick-and-magic-with-a-question-mark-100252-20366172/ - very accurate (2008)

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chester-sport/everton-fc-news/2011/10/18/analysis-by-dave-prentice-mcfadden-move-smacks-of-desperation-59067-29612849/ - expect a finch farm ban Mr Prentice

Edited by Hafnia

All negatives pointless? When you consider we have signed a player who is going to take a salary who in my opinion will be a 5th choice striker behind saha, vellios, cahill, denis, a 4th choice left mid behind osman(?!) drenthe, bily, barkley then there is a point to it. We are skint and he isn't coming to earn a pack of wine gums and tickets to blood brothers.

Above all else it sends out the wrong message - in terms of ambition and direction we are going backwards.

Bimey, the money saved on arteta's wages has been used up on drenthe, dennis and mcfadden - of which I can't see moyes playing one from the start.

What are the positives in this? Blood and guts and workrate? I don't think so.

Haf mate, we both know the day you are positive about anything I'll faint, so it doesn't surprise me to see you disgruntled yet again lol. laugh.png

Surely this represents a massive step back, yes it adds to our squad, but like others on here I'd rather have had in someone young and unproven rather than him, someone like a vellios, gueye, Colman etc! Jesus we were linked with Beattie not do long ago, would that have been a positive move??

Edited by mogsy