IGNORED

James Mcfadden

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see the spin machine cranking into life - mr elstone CEO at everton fc had the following to say: "we said we support the manager and this shows we absolutely support the manager, James McFadden is a £5m asset that we have signed for free, it is smart business. We had the money for nzogbia ringfenced but he decided to go to villa, there is nothing you can do"

I can see the spin machine cranking into life - mr elstone CEO at everton fc had the following to say: "we said we support the manager and this shows we absolutely support the manager, James McFadden is a £5m asset that we have signed for free, it is smart business. We had the money for nzogbia ringfenced but he decided to go to villa, there is nothing you can do"

You should be in politics

McFudge would be a step up from Bily....both largely ineffective but the occasional stunning strike.

Can never remember McFadden contributing as little as the Russian does....having said that I still wouldn't take him.

If we played them both they still wouldnt make an affective player!!

I seriously don't know about Billy. I mean he's got nearly everything in his locker it's just that he hardly ever shows it. He can work hard when it matters, decent first touch, a cracking shot but his mind starts to wander and then he becomes so bloody infuriating. Me thinks were flogging a dead horse here.unsure.png

I seriously don't know about Billy. I mean he's got nearly everything in his locker it's just that he hardly ever shows it. He can work hard when it matters, decent first touch, a cracking shot but his mind starts to wander and then he becomes so bloody infuriating. Me thinks were flogging a dead horse here.unsure.png

Personally, I always been a fan of Billy. I'm also a sucker for wonder strikes. If he can get his work rate up then he could be the answer for the left. Only time can tell...

To stay on subject...a big NO to Mickey Fads. Save the salary space -- we could use it later down the road.

The only player i've seen play the wings effectively without pace in recent years is Beckham, and he was surrounded by quality that meant he often didn't need to beat a man to get in a position to cross, more often than not he would bend the ball past the man.

Bily has no pace, and can't take a man on. He is either a central midfielder or central attacking mid, of central attacking mid is the only position I would consider him for. He has the technical ability to play there, does he have the application? me thinks no, if we could recoup £7m for him then take it.

when he has played he has played centre mid in the cahill roll,billy can pass he can score he is aware if the right ball comes through,ie barkleys assist pass.he could well have had a couple more goals with a bit of luck,so rather than let him go on the cheap i would keep him.

He certainly didnt against DC! He drifted inside like he normally does (as do all our wingers) but he was playing wide left, as we had Vellios and Vic up front. Again though he was fairly ineffective in that game. He has showed throughout his time here that he can get in good positions, but what he does in those positions is very much hit and miss and he doesnt contribute enough to the team.

The only player i've seen play the wings effectively without pace in recent years is Beckham, and he was surrounded by quality that meant he often didn't need to beat a man to get in a position to cross, more often than not he would bend the ball past the man.

Bily has no pace, and can't take a man on. He is either a central midfielder or central attacking mid, of central attacking mid is the only position I would consider him for. He has the technical ability to play there, does he have the application? me thinks no, if we could recoup £7m for him then take it.

I agree with you on this. He isnt a winger, not in England anyway. For me he is one of those players that puts in all the facial expressions to make it look like he is working hard but actually they dont contribute at all. I dont want to be too harsh on the guy and I would love him to come good but he doesnt have it between the ears to play in the Prem. He wants to play in a slow game, where he is given lots of space, to make a decision and then given room to make the pass or score. In the Prem players are in your face straight away, dont give you anytime and invariably mis controls or just generally gives the ball away. Its a travesty that he has cost the same amount that we could have had N'Zogbia for who is a better player by leaps and bounds in the Prem.

• 2 months later...

http://www.evertonfc...n-mcfadden-move

Your Thoughts?

Mine...

Head = Yes. We need numbers and he won't cost us much in wages!

Heart = No. He couldn't do it last time, what makes us think after a spell with Birmingham City he can do it this time?

But I think he will end up at Celtic.

Edited by Adam Partington

He is training with Celtic at the moment so I agree he will probably end up there.

Little point in bringing him here and wasting money on wages. Plenty of players we have I would rather see play and unless a serious injury crisis occurs

Why would he come here? Silly idea to bring a player back when he is not what he was, and frankly never was what he was anyway.