IGNORED

Who Would You Take?

Who is the striker TT members would like to see us sign in January?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the striker TT members would like to see us sign in January?

• Robbie (Lazy arse, overpaid) Keane
    • Andy (Hard worker, possible one hit wonder) Johnston
    • Trundle & Nugent (The gamble could pay off!)

So as the transfare window nears who should Everton singn in January.

I was a member of the sign up Keane and sign him fast brigade up until recently but after some careful thought this is what i think we should do come January.

AJ needs to put his mark on the dotted line for no more than 6 million.

Lee Trundle needs to put his mark on the dotted line for no more than 1 million

Marcus Bent should be sold to Charlton for 2 million

Then if we can get a decent price or a possible part-ex with wright i would take a gamble on nugent too. May be too many strikers but in reality the Big Man is gone at the end of the season and either Faddy, Nugent or Trundle could be moved on with very little lost on the fees paid.

Any other thoughts?

For me I would snap the hand of any team who offer £2M for Macus Bent.

I would gladly swop Marcus Bent and £6M to get AJ at the club. We have to remember that AJ signed a new contract in the summer so he isn't going to come cheap.

To be honest this shows that AJ isn't a money grabbing, glory hunter and has a bit of integraty and loyalty by signing a new contract even though it meant going down a division with Palace. I can't think of many players that have shown that kind of loyalty and commitment to a club and st of fans. He would have got his increased wage packet to whoever he would have signed for.

However, based on Palaces position in the table, I don't feel they are going to let AJ go until the summer. They are just outside the play-off places with a couple of games in hand and AJ now back to full fitness. They must fancy their chances of getting to the play-offs at least- why let AJ go in such a position, and why would AJ re-sign, if not to give them one more season.

Maybe CP and AJ came to some sort of agreement - help us get a good start and we will sell you to a Prem club in January to give you a chance to get to the World Cup.

If I remember right it was a strange old saga with AJ's possible transfer then re-signing for Palace last summer - it made little sence to be honest. Its a strange one and I don't think its as black and white as it may seem.

Can't see where the one hit wonder comment has come from - he was top scorer in the Championship before he can to the Prem, scored plenty in the Prem (although many where pens, he did win most of them which his pace), and this season he has scored 6 in 7 starts. Sound consistent to me rather than one hit wonder.

I would like to see Everton go for AJ this Janaury, but if they can't get him then, I think some funds should be allocated for him in the summer, and if that means a bargain basment striker to see us through in January then so be it.

Any money for Marcus Bent should go into the 'bring AJ to Goodison fund'

However, based on Palaces position in the table, I don't feel they are going to let AJ go until the summer. They are just outside the play-off places with a couple of games in hand and AJ now back to full fitness. They must fancy their chances of getting to the play-offs at least- why let AJ go in such a position, and why would AJ re-sign, if not to give them one more season.

Simple AJ could make the England squad if playing in the Prem. He re-signed to repay palace so they will get some money for him when he does leave.

Yes its a strange situation, he had just made the england squad and then came relegation, why he stayed there god only knows.

Talk is that west ham are talking 4million for him in january, what part of the country does he hail from ?, cos if hes a cockney we have no chance.

Back to the poll............AJ and Trundle for me....combined Total 5 or 6 million.?

Sell ....marcus bent, richie wright, and kev kilbane. combined income 4 or 5 million

TOTAL COST............1 MILLION. ......... GOOD BUSINESS. ??? :P

cos if hes a cockney we have no chance.

What are you saying.."once a claret and blue always a claret and blue" ? We all know that's not worth the T-shirt its printed on. AJ gets my vote (partly for the fact that Keanes pathetic goal celebrations would be an embarrassment (although I suppose I could put up with them if he kept it to say, twenty-five a season :P )).

Edited by mikeo

Mike.........i get your tongue in cheek comment. :P

Friends , relatives, family, local pubs and clubs, and most of all the house, its not cut and dried, just to up and leave all that behind when the chance of a move comes along.

It takes a lot of soul searching and wondering if you will settle into your new surroundings, so anything that is on his own doorstep, which means he does'nt have to uproot from all that, is always going to sway the decision, however minor it might be.

So unless we make him a more attractive offer than any of the other clubs chasing him, that friendly, homely, local enviroment could make all the difference.

jol doesnt want him. he wont get a new contract. so we could have him for free in summer

problem is we need him before the summer but i agree with you that RK would be my choice aswell - you are sure of goals no matter where he has been he has always scored goals and in my opinion there always that one season wonder label on AJ.

People also forget that Robbie just turned 25 so his best football is just ahead of him, also cheaper than AJ

I think Robbie Keane is very good premiership players and will score goals however, with him only having six months left on his contract he is sure to be asking for £50,000 a week due to the reduced transfer fee. I just feel we have been missing real pace up front since Radzinski left and whatever you say about the little polish turd i.e he couldn't finish to save his life.He would open up teams with his pace and defenders were shit scared of him and that is what Johnson would bring. Get AJ and Nugent I say!!!

Stats

RK - age 25, played 320 games scored 111 goals, about 1 goal in 2.9 games.

Generally most of his goals have been at top level.

AJ - age, played 236 games and scored 86 goals, about 1 goal in every 2.75 games. allthough only one top flight season under his belt. However, played the first 80 games as a winger and not a striker. Since playing as a out and out striker for Palace his stats have been - played 136 game and scoring 73 goals, about 1 in every 1.9 games.

Also remember that he also scored and manufactured a lot of goals in the Prem last season for a poor team who ultimately got relegated. So I recone is goal per chance ratio is also farliy high.

A very pacey player who CAN finish, unlike Radz or Bent. And thats what does if for me with AJ - the pace

probably wont get any of them, other teams always come in and sign them while we're still thinking about it. West ham are now in talks with AJ for a £4M deal.

We where talking about Keane last summer, if we couldnt get him then with the 4th place and Euro to look forward to, we havent got much chance of getting him now.

probably wont get any of them, other teams always come in and sign them while we're still thinking about it. West ham are now in talks with AJ for a  £4M deal.

We where talking about Keane last summer, if we couldnt get him then with the 4th place and Euro to look forward to, we havent got much chance of getting him now.

Aj for me.

Hard worker is true - when we done Palace last year 4-0 at home, I was mightly impressed at his work rate and effort - he never stopped even when only a few mins to go. Was impressed.

Plus, he scored against the shite - and it was a vital goal for us - as they needed the win to go into fourth...

good old AJ!

Keane is clinical but lazy - and we need someone that likes to run around a lot and cause problems - we already have BT and Bent - they are both lazy fookers!