Sign in to follow this  
Moyski

Fernandes Transfer Still Ongoing...

if the lad is that good, i mean £12m good, then he is the sort of player we need to be looking towards bringing in. i hope we dont mess this up, IF he is as good as all accounts say

I'm not so sure, we hadnt heard of him until we where linked with him, and he didnt do much for pompey.

A loan with the option is best, to see if he's worth it. Lots more money to play with next season.

I'm not so sure, we hadnt heard of him until we where linked with him, and he didnt do much for pompey.

A loan with the option is best, to see if he's worth it. Lots more money to play with next season.

speak 4 urself... i've heard alot about him over the last few years

if you look at when he was at pompey there was a clause in his contract that if he plays three games in a row they had to buy him for 7 million thats why he never got chance to have a good run of form. i think they want that same clause with us and thats what the problem is. everyone including myself just needs to step back and give it a chance to go through these things take time and if you think about it the link started on monday when he took a medical and its not even been a week since then and even though it seems like its been the longest week ever its only a week and that quite natrul for a transfer to take that long especialy when you are dealing with a club from a diffrent country.

to be honest i'm giving up speculating till close of business wednesday.

for all we know at the moment we could end up with 5 players signing on wednesday we dont know all i can hope is we do bring this lad in and someone who can cover as a CB and RB and if we can a forward.

A couple of people on the net who are usually spot on with things are confident he will be ours, and maybe with a couple more players coming our way aswell.

Did they say who else? hopefully not bloody Healy

Mac    0

Going with John on this one, it is getting right on my onions all this "will he, won't he".

Lets wait till the medical team are really in, looking forward to it.

ATB

Mac

to be honest i'm giving up speculating till close of business wednesday.

for all we know at the moment we could end up with 5 players signing on wednesday we dont know all i can hope is we do bring this lad in and someone who can cover as a CB and RB and if we can a forward.

Yes agreed, maybe not as much in defense as midfield/striker but we could do with a versatile defender

Yes agreed, maybe not as much in defense as midfield/striker but we could do with a versatile defender

I think its obvious that moyes is just shit.... We will probably end up signing Ray bloody parlour or some other waister, whats happened to all the Oliver Dacourt signings we used to be able to bring in ?

In Moyes I trust!

I reckon it'll happen (Fernandes), and if not then i'm sure it's for the right reasons for EFC so lets just see what happens but fingers crossed.

Other than that, I reckon we need a loan striker - I just wish we'd got Larsson on loan a la MUFC.

This is what Bougherra said:-

"I went to Liverpool and visited the infrastructure of Everton, an immense club indeed.

"But the trainer was honest with me from the very start, he said to me that he needed a general purpose player who could play defensive midfield.

"For me it is out of question that I change position. Indeed I started life as a defensive midfielder, but no one ever noticed me in this position.

"The position of central defender is that which is appropriate to me and at 24 years I want to continue my progress in this position with my club as with the national team."

Was Moyes hoping for a cheaper option than Fernandes, Bougherra says otherwise and now Moyes and Kenwright are stuck trying to finance a deal for Fernandes?

If we don't sign anyone this window after losing 4 players in Janaury any faith I had left in DM will disappear

Totally agree. I wouldnt like to but if he cant see we need players to replace those lost then I dont see Moyes as part of Everton's future.

the fernandes thing has apparently created a rift in the once iron friendship between moyes and kenwright and if we don't sign anyone, i feel moyes should go, it would be a good time and leave irvine in charge till the end of the season. as soon as he knew the fernandes thing was going tits up he should have looked elsewhere, now we have 48hours to find at least 3 players.

no one is saying that moyes is a bad manager i just don't think he is the man for us.

yes, there are very few decent managers in this country that we could get, but arsenal got wenger from japanese football so there are good managers out there in the WORLD game. but at everton they seem to think that football only exists in the british isles.

The thing that really annoys me is that there is still no news and no update from Everton.

If the deal is not going to happen for whatever reason then fine just tell us. If the deal might happen and waiting for clearance then fine tell us.

But not to say anything for nearly a week is terrible management from Everton ONCE AGAIN

if it doesnt happen today then it is most defently off, this is just taking the piss and is giving time to other clubs to come in and offer more money and snatch him from under our nose e.g. sissoko all over again

i know yeh as much as it pains me sissoko is a fuckin class act. i dont think we shud get rid of moyes just cus the sighnin of a player went tits up like. you sack manegers for reasons like losing 7 on the bounce i have faith in him 2 sort us out. its the backroom staff i think needs to be questioned kenwright ect.

i know yeh as much as it pains me sissoko is a fuckin class act. i dont think we shud get rid of moyes just cus the sighnin of a player went tits up like. you sack manegers for reasons like losing 7 on the bounce i have faith in him 2 sort us out. its the backroom staff i think needs to be questioned kenwright ect.

yeh sissoko is boss mate i'd have him in a flash.Although i don't feel moyes is the man for us, its kenwright who needs to be looked at.It seems he has the passion and the love for the club but he lacks the buisness acumin and the finances to run a successful top flight club.

its because BK is a ravid everton fan that he is still there. we could have bill gates offer a 3 billion takeover and he still prob wouldnt budge

The thing that really annoys me is that there is still no news and no update from Everton.

If the deal is not going to happen for whatever reason then fine just tell us. If the deal might happen and waiting for clearance then fine tell us.

But not to say anything for nearly a week is terrible management from Everton ONCE AGAIN

sorry mate, but im with the club on keeping their mouths shut.

say they've fucked up, would you want to be telling everyone? they'll sort out the right spin first.

and at the end of the day, they are still a BUSINESS, they will keep their mouths shut as long as possible, unless it is something to boast about, the same as every other business

Although there has been no official confirmation from Goodison Park, it looks as though Everton have secured the services of Manuel Fernandes but only until the end of the season.

An announcement on Benfica's website says that the 20 year-old signed an extension to his current contract that will keep him with the Portuguese giants until 2011. That would seem to suggest that they want to keep the international midfielder and that the Blues will have to find an rumoured £12m if they want to sign him permanently in the summer.

Nothing new there, except that Benfica's decision to extend his current deal for another four years is either an expression of their desire to retain him over the long term or a means of ensuring that they can name their price in the summer should David Moyes come knocking for a permanent transfer.

The loan deal provides David Moyes with another midfield option and gives Everton a chance to run the rule over the player before deciding whether he is worth such an enormous outlay — it is assumed that Benfica still only own 50% of Fernandes' registrations, the other half being held by Kia Joorabchian's Media Sports Investments group.

From Toffeeweb http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/06-07/news/070129a.asp

:D yey! finnaly lol i couldnt take anymore. I think there's a storng possibility that they could get matty ethrington aswell tomorow and put them on together as its abit late in the day to go anouncing things now. my sorces tell me that the reason he has sighned a new deal is so that a clause can go in it with a maaahusive realise clause ???15m???

:D yey! finnaly lol i couldnt take anymore. I think there's a storng possibility that they could get matty ethrington aswell tomorow and put them on together as its abit late in the day to go anouncing things now. my sorces tell me that the reason he has sighned a new deal is so that a clause can go in it with a maaahusive realise clause ???15m???

Thought we were just looking at a possibility of this one have you heard more on the devleopment of this Jackelz any links i could have a look at?

Personally think would be good move but thats a different thread!!

Mac    0

Sorry to piss on everyone's chips, but now we have have him, I think I will contain my enthusiasm until he proves himself. Don't get me wrong folks I am pleased, but we are going on like we've beaten the RS 3-0, not just yet for me, but I am prepared to eat the biggest slice of humble pie.

ATB

Mac

^^^^

I just hope you have to Mac a good point well made we've signed one player (tho still won't stop holding my breath til on the official site!!) we still have the fact of AJ out Faddie out and Davies gone could be a long run in to the end of the season.

Bloody glad al this will he wont he shit is over, its up to the lad to give us a crakin 6 months now, hopefuly he'll want to prove he's worth his new contract!! I'd imagine he'll go straight into the squad for saturday?

Thank god we got someone in. Only problem now is he will probably turn out to be amazing & there's no way we can afford him. But ill worry about that later. Davis out - Fernandes in. Result