Sign in to follow this  
Moyski

Fernandes Transfer Still Ongoing...

but if we aspire to compete for the champions league then we need these sort of players, especially if they take the fourth place away as is being suggested by new boy Platini.

i understand what your saying, we do need to be able to spend that sort of money. but we simple dont have it

Still bugger all on on official site! what a suprise! why the hell do they have a 'news' section, when every other media from sky sports to asda notice board gets the info first.

just read the news section again, bloody tragic about the Titanic isnt it?

Maybe they are not saying anything yet as they waiting to make a double or even a triple signing announcement.

maybe its Fernandes, Smith and someone else all coming on???

I know I know being stupid now.

this is just getting ridiculous, 48 hours and we hav'nt signed anyone yet, heads should roll if we don't bring anyone, Moyes can't come out with his tried and tested excuse of "we looked but nothing was there" because there have been some decent players moving around the window,and to be beaten to a players signature by charlton is just embarrasing.

Just said on skysports that we are still in talks bout the move. Fucking joke

Can't be held to ransom by anyone. If you were buying a house and someone kept changing the deal you'd keep talking, not just say.."OK whatever you want."

We don't know what's going on so to say it's a joke is daft IMO.

The present situation would see his registration half owned by Fernandes representatives, MSI.

This, however, is deemed unacceptable by the Premier League and they have put the onus on Everton to find a solution to the wrangle, which means club officials will be working frantically today and tomorrow to get the deal pushed through.

,and to be beaten to a players signature by charlton is just embarrasing.

I think thats a bit unfair, I would be more embarrased paying a player 70 grand a week (west ham and neil)

You dont know what went on with this player

Even when a player is meant to have signed we still have problems with it.

I notice its been taken of the BBC teletext page now.

I still think its not going to happen in time

tbh, i just want us to have something to smile about, before we become the laughing stock of the league, we are supposed to be a big club.

we are currently 7th in the league, most teams would kill for our better players, i doubt were a laughing stock.

its one transfer, with some dodgy deal already behind it, take a little perspective

If you read "Hot off the press" it looks as though we wont. FA ARE THE STUMBLING BLOCK they wont accept evertons registration of the player.

It looks touch and go, and i wouldnt be surprised if they told Fernandez to Fook off back home.

it's not just that though is it, it's the charlton thing also and the constant stream of players who are linked then end up at other clubs, players who we should be looking to bring in but dithering davie just lets them go to a team like fulham or the barcodes etc.

players being "linked" means nothing.

and if a player is going to choose chalton over us then its his loss, more than likely a mercenary we could do without, and dont ignor the trouble he caused at wednesday so they would sell him

what situation is that?

were 7th in the laugue after throwing away too many points, we have potential and a good few kids coming through the ranks. were a couple of players short of being a really good team, but so are most of the league.

in realism we are a lot better than 5 years ago!

if i fancied having a good long think about the wimbledon game then yes im happy

so your happy with the current situation at the club are you?

Thats such a loaded question

A little bit of perspective wouldnt go a miss

lack of funds.

a clueless chairman

a manager who could be the next SAF but he makes some of the strangest team selections and tactical desicions i've seen.

no scouting network

a crumbling stadium which hopefully will change soon (frankfurt please) :)

and like YOU said we throw points away for fun sometimes

we need some consistency in the team and some more honesty from board and manager, others do it so why can't we?

really i just want something to smile about, instead of having to be a doom-munger all the time.

He didnt choose Charlton over us.

Dm wanted him to play in diferent positions (defensive midfielder) and he said no.

Was annoyed when I first saw that DM pulled out of the deal but if that is his attitude then DM was right.

It will be interesting to see if they don't allow us Fernandes cos of the paper work but let the Red shite get the guy from West Ham even though he has played for 2 clubs.

Might be a bit of upraw behind the scenes if that happens

like i said, think about the wimbledon game, then ask are you happy.

we are very very very lucky to still be in the top flight! ill take the slow cautious route than relive that day!

it makes me feel sick that we celebrated staying up!

tbh, i just want us to have something to smile about, before we become the laughing stock of the league, we are supposed to be a big club.

mate it pains me to say it but we havent been a "big club" since the 80's

i can see your point, so we probably should stop moaning and get behind the team, but you have to question the way our club is run at times.

i question it all the time, but right now there is no alternative

he isnt on our signings on ssn on the everton ins part so it cannot be a complete deal.

fkin urry up moyes!

neither was alex songs transfer to charlton but hes defo gone

Everton Lad said......""mate it pains me to say it but we havent been a "big club" since the 80's"".

In reply i just have this to say, The chessboard is always the same size, it just the peices that have different values, from being KINGS on the chessboard we are now mere PAWNS.

And i say this to any one who is under the same illusion...Everton FC was, still is, and will always be A massive Club, We just need to get the right pieces back in to run the club professionally = KINGS, and not the jumped up Evertonian who treats it like a toy that he never had when he was a boy = BK the PAWN.

You have a really good point there licker, I never thought of it that way, but I meant to imply is that we used to be in the “top 4” but now where just a middle table team, what happened to us?

We once controlled England.

I think lack of fundings is our reason for our decent from the top.

mate it pains me to say it but we havent been a "big club" since the 80's

its not ice but its true, and just think about some of the other big 80's clubs and be greatful that we are still in a relativley strong position, Nots Forest anyone?

I think getting rid of moyes would be the worst thing we could do as i don't know anyone who could come into the job and perform better, and i hate the way the game has gone where teams go through managers like anything.

I just wish that BK would stump up some cash to sign people when we actually need them. surely we have just shy of 6m (with the selling of Killer and Davies) also i imagine there is still a few quid from the rooney sale about.

and we can propbably afford to spend this money now rather than waiting to invest in the future as the pay off for finishing positions in the prem will be so much higher next year. Surely we should invest in talent NOW before prices inflate again becasue everyone has more money.

if nothing else there needs to be some sort of communication between the club and the fans. If we market ourselves as "the peoples club" then we should start acting like the Peoples club

now where just a middle table team, what happened to us?

nah we're hardly middle table, if we had a full squad in peak, then we're easily in european contention, we fail in 3 words: STRENGTH IN DEPTH

we've dropped 11 easy points that this year that would make us title contenders, One thing i would change is this stupid motion of defending a 1 goal lead on our own goal line. instead of going for the 2nd and 3rd.

tell that to moyes, hes a twat when it comes to tactics, he doesnt know how to go for more goals, this reminds me of the liverpool tactics when hooligan (houlier, i think thats how you spell it) was in charge

both sky sports and bbc say he's joined til the end of season :)

http://home.skysports.com/transferarticle.aspx?hlid=444900

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ton/6286727.stm

hopefully we can sign a striker before the deadline tomorrow. i still think david healy could make a name for himself in the premiership. look at kevin doyle.

Benfica have also confirmed it - it just hasn't appeared on the EFC website yet. It's been three days since Benfica confirmed it. I don't understand why the club havn't announced anything. There's not even a mention of him on the front page.

Hmm that story suggests a can of worms may well be opened if a satisfactory compromise isnt met by the end of trading 2 day.

Arent Tevez & Mascara owned by the same crew that own this lad we are after ? .

What a weird situation rules for one but not another.

Another can of worms might open now that the Redshite have been given permission my Fifa/Uefa to sign the guy from West Ham dispite rules saying that he can't

Yeah just read that too, can't believe how many things are changed for Liverpool.

Sayin that though I do agree that he should be allowed to move, hes hardly been a first teamer at WHU but no doubt if Everton wanted to sign him they wouldn't let us...

this would be typical if they allow the shite to have maserano and not let us have fernandes, though i did just rear somewhere that Man utd may be trying to steal Mascerano from the shite becasue the hargreeaves deal wont go through.... as much as i hate man utd i would love this too happen, as mascerno is class and i don't like seeing class go to the shite....

i still can't believe that mascerano never got given a real chance at WHU... idiots

the FA best had let him join or i think everton should sue them tbh, there letting other clubs bend the rules but us NOOOOOOOOO, wankers :angry:

Not a bad idea, but i doubt we have got the money to persue a case.

Not a bad idea, but i doubt we have got the money to persue a case.

and also its probably in the FA's interest to allow teams like Liverpool have their own way becasue their in Europe and that means more publicityfor english football, and more money for english football,. or more importantly more money for the FA.

from icliverpool -

"Everton will find out today whether their attempt to sign Manuel Fernandes on a six-month loan has proven successful.

Contrary to claims from the player’s club Benfica, the Portuguese midfielder has not yet signed any contract extension with his present employers nor completed any move to Goodison.

Everton are trying to structure an agreement over the player’s registration which is acceptable to the Premier League before the transfer window slams shut at midnight."