IGNORED

Everton Fans

Rafa-Dodd

Hi,

I am Rafa-Dodd and I am a member of a liverpool forum -(boo, hiss) called www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk.

On our website we do a article of our opposition each game called " The Oppo". The derby is coming up soon, and from past experience, I know its better to get these things up early to try and get some intelligent responses. I expect all the Shields jokes, Kopite banter etc, but we our members do appreciate intelligent answers and you pride yourself on being the "thinking Evertonians" here.

My views on Everton this year, are they are improving each year under Moyes. As a hardened red its hard to say, but Moyes is a good manager. His purchases are normally quite shrewd and although he tends to wait for things to go wrong before changing them- he is a good manager and I would be happy to see him leave your club.

Arteta and Johnson are your best players, quality wise, but Yobo and Lescott are too scary looking and formidible young CB's and if you can keep hold of them, they wil be quality.

Anyways here's the West Ham Oppo article so you can see what there like:

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/cgi-bi...mp;#entry521823

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everton are currently sitting pretty in the Premiership in 7th place. How do you see the rest of your season going?

Who been your most important player(s) this season? Why the sudden turn around from last season - when you were struggling?

Liverpool are currently moving ahead with their stadium plans as are Everton. What are your views on the proposed move to Kirkby?

Another season gone and no sign of silverwear for the Goodison faithful? Why do Everton seem to struggle in the cups and how important would it be to the fans to have a good cup run?

The 3 - 0 loss at Goodison was a bitter pill for many Liverpool fans to swallow. What are your memories of that day?

Liverpool are on the verge on £450m takeover with the DIC Investment Group? What are your views on the take over? Will it make Liverpool stronger? Would you like Everton to be subject of a takeover?

Your view on the Liverpool squad this year?

Do you think the rivalry between Liverpool and Everton is too fierce now? Matchdays are quite dangerous now in the city centre.

Your best and worse derby memory?

And finally how do you see this derby going? Will Liverpool be out for revenge? Will Everton shock Anfield?

---------------------------------------------

Cheers if you answer them, and good luck with the season ahead.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I am Rafa-Dodd and I am a member of a liverpool forum -(boo, hiss) called www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk.

Everton are currently sitting pretty in the Premiership in 7th place. How do you see the rest of your season going?

Lucky to achieve a European spot.

Who been your most important player(s) this season? Why the sudden turn around from last season - when you were struggling?

Pip Neville

Liverpool are currently moving ahead with their stadium plans as are Everton. What are your views on the proposed move to Kirkby?

Time to move, Goodison has been a lovely home for a long time, if we have any ambition we must upgrade.

Another season gone and no sign of silverwear for the Goodison faithful? Why do Everton seem to struggle in the cups and how important would it be to the fans to have a good cup run?

We have only struggled over the last 10 years or so, a good cup run will lift the spirits.

The 3 - 0 loss at Goodison was a bitter pill for many Liverpool fans to swallow. What are your memories of that day?

Being told by the kids to be quiet, because their mates could hear me bellowing my unbridled joy at the top of my voice

Liverpool are on the verge on £450m takeover with the DIC Investment Group? What are your views on the take over? Will it make Liverpool stronger? Would you like Everton to be subject of a takeover?

I can't wait to see your new strip if you get taken over by the Dubai setup, all playing in Burkha's. (a relief in the case of Kuyte and Bellendamy)

Too many foriegners, RS have traditionally been an out and out British side, no passion for the cause.

Do you think the rivalry between Liverpool and Everton is too fierce now? Matchdays are quite dangerous now in the city centre.

Not amongst fair minded and sober people.

Best - any that we won, worst - anything to do with Ian (ET) Rush

And finally how do you see this derby going? Will Liverpool be out for revenge? Will Everton shock Anfield?

I would settle for a draw right now, but I can see a cheeky 0-1 to us. With Stevie La getting sent off again.

You are a brave bugger RD, I admire you for the sheer bottle you have shown, and welcome to TT.

ATB

Mac

Edited by Mac

nice one mate, not many kopites come on here and are as friendly as you, so you've got my respect. :)

no better than it already is

lescott, we had marcus bent playing for us last season and we where just out of europe, confidence low this season where just simply alright.

bring it on is what i say

fuckin hell what a question, er... we just seem to be shit in cups mates, a good cup run is what is missed at everton we need one desperate but most of all we need a cup, dont give a shit which one just a cup we can celebrate

the later on part with all the kopites in my house and getting drunk haha

hahahahaha us taken over? not over bill kenwrites dead body, yer liverpool will become the new chelsea of the league while we try and sculptutre enough money toghether to make a few ok signings from lower leagues, id be lieing if i said i wernt jealous of liverpool fans from the take over point of view

should be playing better than that, have a great squad but just dont seem to play to their full strengh every game

nah think thats all just paper talk mate, ive never heard of any trouble between fans. its a friendly rivalry but we still hate each other lol

fro me best was last one and last seasons derbies for the worst

3-1 liverpool, gerrard, kuyt and carra for the shite and cahill for us (he has a nag for scoring against liverpool)

stick around mate add a few of your on views around the place :)

I didn't know you were the Mod Mac. I asked Louis if I could post here and he gave me the ok . You don't piss in other peoples pool - at least not without asking. :D

(edit - no objections here - its quite good, you get to meet some good fans - meeting some west ham lads for a bevvy next week.)

Edited by R-D

[ Everton are currently sitting pretty in the Premiership in 7th place. How do you see the rest of your season going?

I see may be a sneeky European place if we're lucky, but I'll be happy to finish in the top half.

Lescott and Chaill have been our most important players. Lescott has been an immense signing and I wouldnt swap him for any defender in the world at the moment. Cahill adds so much passion and desire to our team and goals too. I think the fact that we are scoring more goals has helped us a great deal, last season we were getting beat by the odd goal, but now we know we can score more than once.

I think the move to Kirkby can only benefit the club.

We struggle because we are no good at the sudden death game, Moyes likes to play it conservative but it just doesnt work in one off games.

My memories of that day is Andy Johnson scoring his second goal after a Reina blooper and doing the whole 3-0 thing. Also the fact that we were nowhere near the better team that day.

I think it will be good for Liverpool but it wont bring you the title IMO. Some of Benitez's signings have been a bit strange IMO, he doesnt know how to coach a team to be consistent in the Premiership. I would love Everton to be subject of a takeover, but it's not going to happen unless Kenwright dies.

Decent, but nowhere near good enough to challenge for the title.

No, I think too much is made of minor incidents

My best Derby memory has to be Lee Carsley's winner at Goodison a couple of years ago, I was sitting with a load of Kopites it was heaven. My worst Derby memory has to be Gary McCallister's winning free kick in the dying minutes a while back, what a sickener that was.

Liverpool will win it comfortably, I have no doubt about that.---------------------------------------------

Cant see us finishing any higher than we are now

Joleon Lescott, has surprised everyone how well he has taken to the Premiership, has'nt played a bad game all season.

I'm not convinced its the right move, and i'm quite surprised the club never raised any issues about getting refused permission for the Stanley park site, six months before you got permission. It stinks of favouritism by the Council and questions should have been asked.

Dont only struggle in Cups, but also in the League, Bad management for the last 15 years is the main cause, and of course it didnt help when John Moores Littlewoods Millions, somehow transferred itself from Goodison to Anfield.

My memory, which will stay with me for a long time, is that brilliant goalie of yours lobbing the ball onto Johnsons head for the 3rd goal...........awesome.

Will it make you stronger ....YES. Would i want Everton to be taken over .......YES.

Still missing one or two players but Overall a lot stronger than ours.

No.

Cant pick out the best but i do remember the Worst, it was in K Keegans time, we got a five-nil pasting, it was 4-0 at half time and it was KK who was Single handedly responsible, it was the best 45 mins ive ever seen from any footballer.

Doesnt matter if you win or lose the previous one, its always a battle, and i would be ecstatic if we manage a draw.

There you go R-D.

Edited by Licker

sitting pretty? we've been denied that many penalties and lsot that many points i'd hardly say we were sittin pretty, i feel robbed that we're only 7th

we're up and down. wouldn't say we struggled, mid-table where we were expected to be, if your refering to the 1st half of the season then that will have been due to low morale from the champions league issue.

don't think it will happen, but would like it too, although it shouldn't be considered a priority because of costs

don't really know, we've not done so well last few years, no idea why, guess it's just one of them things. plus, i don't think we've got a good enough side to make a good run, we don't have the creativity and goals to dominate so called 'lesser' teams as teams around and above us in the league possess

ecstatic, was a great win for us, it's been a while since we have seen a good derby display like that. we've been quite unfortuante in previous meetings, i was happy to see us get a bit of luck for a change

id like us to get taken over yes if it right for the club (not what kenwright thinks is right for the club). and as far as your takeover goes, depends who it is, if its the american could be good and you will get stronger. if i was a liverpudlian i'd be glad that the previously interested are rumoured to be out of the picture because they saw your club as a business and would likely have left you with allsorts of debt

i have always thought it was overrated, which is usually been true...danny murphy is an example he was considered to be a good player when he played for you :blink: ... but i think its decent now. gerrard is the best all round player in the world, sissoko is solid, alonso is decent, carragher is quality and should be in the england team and agger looks good, pennant good prospect too. the only problem with your squad is if you lose bellamy, the partnership with him and kuyt could grow very nicely for you and i think you could do with another pacey option

nah, i don't think it's that bad tbh. i enjoy the rivalry with mates and others. ok theres a few tits that take it too far but in general i think its a healthy city rivalry and i'm proud of it. i'm not sure about worst, maybe when we lost 3-1 i think it was when you played msot of the game with 10 men, best 3-0 this season. i know they're recent but they're the clearest memories.

i'm not looking forward to it one bit haha. without our major goal threat and a few key players only just regaining fitness i'm not confident at all. i think we'll get dominated and you lot will get revenge. jsut hope its not as much as 3, which i don't think it will be with our solid defensive partnership. i'd say 2-0 something liek that

good luck to you too i guess. i fancy you to finish 2nd. which i suppose u'd be pleased with.

hopefully we could finish 5/6th, that would be me happy

Who been your most important player(s) this season?

IMO Lescott has been our start player, but AJ has brought alot to the team too

Why the sudden turn around from last season - when you were struggling?

if i knew the real answer id be after Moyes's job

id rather stay in the boundaries, but that said, kirkby is Liverpool to me, always has been

we would love some silverwear, long over due, but we cant get it right. apart from this season in the FA, im sure in the last 3 we were beaten by united arsenal or chelsea. so i guess you need a bit of luck with cup runs too

it was my sisters wedding day, so i had to give my seat up for the day, and listen to the game on a pocket radio. good day all round for me

im weary of these takeovers, so ill skip this question

i dont think crouch is good enough to be a liverpool player, selling warnock might have been a bit of an error too, one for the future. there is somethin about luis garcia that makes me wana fight him. and the sooner Gerrard leaves the better :lol:

its not how it used to be, but i cant see it going back to the friendly days

4-4

kills me to say it, but i cant see this one going our way at all, a shock would be nice thou

Life Is Like A box of chcolate - Never No what Ya gonna Get. (9th)

Who been your most important player(s) this season?

No Doubt Joleon lescott is 2 step's away from World Class. Cahill has proved 2 be much more than many paid earlier dues.

Johnson when he is scoring - 4-5-1 is Tuff - Espec when Cahill has been absent.

Why the sudden turn around from last season - when you were struggling?

We finished 4th perhaps a season or so 2 early. The work ethic perhaps dropped some & Mistakes were made from Top to Bottom. Some lessons seem to have been learnt. However, there is still some some way to go & inconsistancy, coupled with a patheticaly small bare bone squad also account to both our up & down form of recent campaigns.

No one wants to say it, but Ure lot still havent ruled out a share job. Think there are a few more twists & turns in the tale left yet. However, progress is progress & i can live with the Kirkby proposal's.

Massive, We used to be a great cup side.

VERY, Nice ones Oh & Ure Goalkeeper - He was great.

Dont care we are about to be Pilaged by East European Jihadist Gangsters & Sylvester Stallone's friends.

Honestly - 2 many (Whilst Goodish) Fairweather players.

Do you think the rivalry between Liverpool and Everton is too

fierce now? Matchdays are quite dangerous now in the city centre.

Always been the Fukwit element.

Andy King - Yessssssssssssssss ( it had been a long time) - Dont Remember any bad ones, in my mind @least they were never played no recollection @ all..

Life is like a box of chocolates ..................... Cheers mate.

Think I'd take 8th, as long we put a good run in I'll be happy.

As people have said its definately Lescott, and maybe Aj who has brought that attacking quality we haven't had for a while. Clever movement, fast and always works hard.

Obviously prefer us to stay in the boundries but anywhere will do if it means the club progresses. Also have Everton ever playing in the Everton area of Liverpool?

It would be hugely important to get a good cup run, not sure why we struggle but its bloody annoying.

Watchin the game with some of mates, 6 of us Everton fans and 3 Liverpool fans all in a little room. We had a load of stick of em before the game but after we had the last laugh, and they used to call us bitter ;)

I wouldn't trust anyone like that as far as I could trust them. It will definately strengthen the team but it could also break it. As pat says who knows whats going to happen. I'd love the money but would like to see what impact it has on Liverpool.

Far too many foreigners and honestly thought your purchase of Bellemy and Pennent were stupid if I'm going to be honest. Still its a lot stronger than ours :(

Its not too fierce, half my family are Everton and the other half Liverpool. As someone said it is just some drunk idiots that ruin the reputation.

Best was my first derby at Goodison, we won 2-0 with Ferguson and Rideout gettng the goals. Loved that day so much. Worst is going to Anfield and getting trounced 3-1 with bloody Barmby scoring the first. The funniest is the handbags fight between Jeffers and Westerveld then Staunton went in goal and was better that Westerveld, as well as Rhino and Fowlers handbags.

Hate to say this but can't see us getting anything out of it so will be happy with a draw.

So for you,

You've got a pretty good run of results. How do you see the rest of your season going?

Who has been your most important and consistant performer this year?

Are you looking forward to your stadium move? As someone said anything can happen so what is your view on ground sharing?

The 3-0 win earlier was very sweet indeed. What are your memories of that day?

Liverpool are on the verge on £450m takeover with the DIC Investment Group? What are your views on the take over? Will it make Liverpool stronger?

What is your view of the Liverpool squad?

Do you think the rivalry is too fierce?

And finally, how do you see the derby finishing?

You've got a pretty good run of results. How do you see the rest of your season going?

Obviously, after the start we had to finish in the top 4 is the main priority for the season. I don't think the title race is as open as some reds would have you believe but if we can finish as strongly as we did last year then 2nd is a real possibility. My only concern is Arsenal - there flying at the moment. Chelsea are falling apart but they will pull it together soon enough.

The glamour tie with Barcelona is a nice thing to look forward to. I hope we can come away from the Camp Nou with a 0-0 or a 1-0 loss, but at Anfield anything can happen.

Who has been your most important and consistant performer this year?

At the start of the season we had no consistency. Gerrard was off key, the new boys were finding their feet and Reina and Xabi looked lost. However I feel they are all just hitting form at the right time now. Peter Crouch has been our stand out player for me this year. He has scored goals and always do a job when asked.

Gerrards our best player by a country mile.

Are you looking forward to your stadium move? As someone said anything can happen so what is your view on ground sharing?

Anfield will always be a special place, because of the memories but we need to move to generate more income for the club and to meet the demands of the "new" fans. I will miss Anfield but I am greatly excited about a new stadium.

The groundshare - I would only ever endorse this, if it was going to be a Mega-Stadium. Like 90,000 capacity. This will not happen.

The 3-0 win earlier was very sweet indeed. What are your memories of that day?

I went round to my mates. Had 2 beers and drove home at half time. Summed up our start to the season.

Liverpool are on the verge on £450m takeover with the DIC Investment Group? What are your views on the take over? Will it make Liverpool stronger?

Anyone with that amount of money can only be good for the club. I expect us to still keep our traditions and values. I cannot see them sanctioning 21m for a sub or paying £150,000 a week wages. But it does mean we will be in the frame for good talent - like SWP, we wanted him but could not compete with Chelsea - now we can.

What is your view of the Liverpool squad?

I am quite happy with our squad - wish Kewell would be fit from time to time. Gonzo came here under a big wave of excitement and everyone expected him to take kewells place in the team - not me. Kewell has not exactly been there for us, but last year, we were brilliant with him in midfield, the balance between attack and defence was just right- its just that we had no goalscorers - with bellamy and kuyt now in, I think if kewell comes back fit and ready, we will be a very good team.

Still a big goalscorer away from challenging for the league though. Hopefully DIC will sanction a big money striker in the summer.

Do you think the rivalry is too fierce?

Yes - nights out after the derby end in violence. Always has for the past 3 years.

Worse - This seasons - awful and it weren't a 3 - 0 game.

Best - Gary Macca, Gary, Gary Macca! brilliant derby goal and he cheated - makes it sweeter.

And finally, how do you see the derby finishing?

Liverpool are flying and they will want revenge - I expect a win - 2 - 0.

Nice one R-D, its good of you to join in while your here, i hope you'll pop in now and again once things quieten down.

We have Xavier on here quite often, he declared himself a Red as soon as he signed in, but we dont give him any grief and he doesnt give us any. He's been with us about 18 months now and usually joins in our discussions, i think we've almost converted him. :P

Edited by Licker

The rest of the season IMO is resting in the hands of Moyes and his transfare dealings all this shit about not being pushed into buying people is a Joke. He needs to go out now and buy us a holding midfielder and some full back cover, the striker situation doesnt realy bother me too much because I think Fatty, Victor & Vaughan can hold the fort but Moyes needs the vision to see UEFA is within our grasp if he uses his head. We as a club need European experience to grow and progress forward as our woefull display after finishing 4th proved, we are good enough to take the prize with everyone fit but until that happens top half is best we can hope for!

Lescott he's been solid anywhere he plays although Cahill's injury proved how much of a difference he makes to the attacking play.

The in Liverpool / out of Liverpool debate is bollocks to me and I'm happy to be moving if it go's ahead my main concern which I voice regularly is the atmosphere. I believe we need to be pioneers with our new stdium because these lifeless bowls realy are killing the passion of the english game. I would gladly sacrafice a large capacity to have a modern stadium with good views all around and good facilities as long as the shape was more square with tall towering stands with everyone close to the pitch. My vision for the new home of Goodison would be all 4 sides similar to our current main stand without the posts and filled in at the corners.

I also think we should lead the way by using acoustic engineers heavily in the design process to ensure the roar of the crowd is not lost forever. Let Arsenal, Man U & Liverpool build massive bowls, Boro & Newcastle have already killed their atmosphere, lets make the new Goodison a place that players & managers dont feel comfortable playing in and opposition fans envy because we still have the noise levels they lost long ago!

I dont think we struggle any more than anyone else if you look the only teams that do consistantly well are the teams who spend money regularly. The route of all evil in modern football is also the route of all success MONEY!

Look at the face of Stevie G na nah, na nah

Look at the face of Stevie G na nah, na nah

Look at the face of Stevie G when Andy set up all three

And we all went out to town when Everton won 3-0

When Everton won 3-0!

Unless the new owners of Liverpool are willing to spend like Roman I doubt it will make very much difference on the field because they are up the top & doing well in cups regular anyway and still dont have the cutting edge even with the vast sums of money spent over the last 10 years! I dont think Rafa has the know how to win the premier league either, he's a good cup manager and an excellent european tactician but he seems fuckin stupid in the league and without Gerrard's influence the team looks lost at times.

Should be better the amount of cash spent and again without Gerrard they seem lost.

Do you think? It was and still is friendly banter for me and many Evertonians it seems to be getting harder to talk football with reds these days tho'. Many of them are like one of those talking kids toys with a bank of standard sayings I'm sick of hearing "5 times" & "bitter blues" It would be ok of it were actually backed up with some football discussion but more often than not theres nothing!

Theres so many but for me the best was my first derby at Goodison in 1995/96 it was a 1-1 draw with Redknapp & Ferguson scoring, it was the game Fowler & Unsworth were sent of for their little bitch fight infront of the family enclosure. It was my best memory just for the spine tingling build up of traveling to the game on the bus and meeting up with the lads for your first derby match.

My worst feeling has to be getting fucked over at Goodison last season I have to hold up my hands and say we were given a footballing lesson that night.

Derbys ar derbys but I think this one will be special, Liverpool have their pride and we have AJ out possibly time for the long awaited Lescott goal???

Good luck Red Shite I'll see you at Analfjord ;)

Edited by GoldfishMemory