Sign in to follow this  
toolio

No Signings At All Imo

i dont think we will make any signings today not even fernandes i am going to be 1 pissed off evertonian and backing up my story of not having faith in moyes he can fuck off for all i care

typical everton letting 2 players go and signing no1 when we desperately need too

anybody think the same as me

we all know that we have money, i reckon that were holding onto it to take out loan signings into full signings. (Howard and if it ever goes through and hes any good Fernandes)

Still think that we should have signed a left footed player, thought it was stupid getting shot off killer on deadline day with no obvious left footed replacements. I really thought we would have replaced him by now.

But i guess im just being stupidly hopeful. WHEN WILL I LEARN

we all know that we have money, i reckon that were holding onto it to take out loan signings into full signings. (Howard and if it ever goes through and hes any good Fernandes)

Still think that we should have signed a left footed player, thought it was stupid getting shot off killer on deadline day with no obvious left footed replacements. I really thought we would have replaced him by now.

But i guess im just being stupidly hopeful. WHEN WILL I LEARN

wrong

For this transfer i suppose the justification is gonna be...we released two players and we replaced with Fernades(loan) and we signed De Silva.....he the board will say "wanted this player and that player,but the price they are asking was crazy and not many right players we available and we are not prepared to pay crazy prices for these players!"....

I hope i am wrong and we signed more than two of course!

fuck off! we got money hahaha dont make me laugh BK has poketed it all :angry: but i too will be pissed if we dont get anyone

very much doubt BK would have pocketed it, we have massive debts that need paying!

well we do have some money! there is money from the killer deal and davies sale

agian, massive debts that need paying!

There is going to be a lot of discontent with the Everton fans if we fail to bring anyone in when we've sold 3 players (Killer included) and with two players out injured, one long term, without bringing anyone in. It's farcical in the least.

very much doubt BK would have pocketed it, we have massive debts that need paying!

agian, massive debts that need paying!

Our debts were consolidated some time ago and mortgaged against gate receipts for the next 30 years. That was our CE's main objective when he came here and we are now running at a profit - allbeit a small one. Money we have from transfers should be going back into re-strengthening the team. I believe our lack of transfer activity is partly due to the lack of quality available, partly due to the over-inflated European prices ( especially in the UK) but mainly down to Moyes indecisiveness. Remember Keith and Bill patting themselves on the back for getting players in early at the end of last season? That should be the standard not the exception. Now we into panic buys again - Andy Cole is the latest, fuck me its embarassing, whats next?

We just gotta be positive that we will bring sum1 in. i no its hard cos every1 is getting pissed of with moyes in transfer windows but us moanin on ere aint gunna make any differance is it?

is anyone else getting very woried about this whole situation. We are supposed to be pushing for europe. and almost all the teasm around us have already bolstered their squauds. Spurs, Blackburn, Man City, Fulham, Middlesbough.

I Know were 7th but were only 5 points off 13th place.

Its all getting a bit much

Im getting Déjà Vu.

Will DM manage to get through another one of these pesky transfer windows without signing anyone?

I have faith in his inability.

i dont :angry:

Im getting Déjà Vu.

Will DM manage to get through another one of these pesky transfer windows without signing anyone?

I have faith in his inability.

Nice one

I can see it being a long night

Someone PM St domingo, see if hes outside bellfield again

Doom,gloom moan gripe,we are a cheerfull lot aren´t we?Come on then who should we have bought?Who was for grabs at the right price for the quality that we so needed?

I for one trust Moyes,if a player was there he really wanted he would have got him.But to buy for buying sake when the big sale starts in 4 months time would be foolish.

Doom,gloom moan gripe,we are a cheerfull lot aren´t we?Come on then who should we have bought?Who was for grabs at the right price for the quality that we so needed?

I for one trust Moyes,if a player was there he really wanted he would have got him.But to buy for buying sake when the big sale starts in 4 months time would be foolish.

if we had the money available from the killer and davies sale then we could have put in a bid for Barton

This is what James Beattie has to say about the transfer window:

"The transfer window isn't really something we talk or give a lot of thought to as players, which probably tells you all you need to know.

"As a professional footballer, you play for whoever wants you and is prepared to pay your wages.

"If a club decides it no longer wants you and another comes in for you, you accept it and move on.

"It sounds mercenary, but to an extent, you're a bit of a commodity to be bought and sold. In the end, you're like any other employee and you do your best for your employer.

"I think it's certain that the transfer market won't be busy during the window.

"Very few clubs have got any money to spend, so it will only be the clubs at the top and bottom ends of the table who spend for contrasting reasons."

He said this in 2002 and his points are still valid.

i agree, think we a;ready spoke on this one in another thread.

Though i read that 5m was the asking price for diop.

i just reckon that at 2m ethrington is a bargin

but given the choice between the two at the same price id go with diop

Thats what I´m saying!Buying for the sake of it,Wecan´t afford to waste money on crap squad players!Or to pay over the odds for average players.Moyes wanted Barton,but Barton didn´t want to go,ask for the others they are dross!

Thats what I´m saying!Buying for the sake of it,Wecan´t afford to waste money on crap squad players!Or to pay over the odds for average players.Moyes wanted Barton,but Barton didn´t want to go,ask for the others they are dross!

i don;t see the point of us "enquiring" for Barton, we should have put a firm bid on the table. We knew he had a 5.5m clause, at least put a bid in. its all well and good sniffing around a player but if we don't actually bid for them then we wont get them.

Rooney said we wanted to stay until Man Utd put a bid in for him.

of course Barton will say he wants to stay, if he said we wanted to leave (like he did before) he'd have the fans on hios back.

We had the money,Barton stated thet he had no intention of leaving city.He would not have come!

yeah but we didn't make the bid, thats my point. its all well and good saying we have the money but we didn;t make the bid

I agree if the players are not there that he wants them don't spend money for the sake of it however and a big however you don't sell players from an already small squad if you not got replacements signed sealed and delivered.

As I have said on another topic didn't mind no new signings coming in but then don't release 'squad' players

You have a point.But I still believe City and Barton would have thrown back in our faces.There was no way he was leaving and he said so.

still we could have actually tried.

We always seems to say we were going for someone, id just like to have some rejected bids too our name. At least we would have tried

The problem isnt really that we havnt bought anyone, that would have been absolutely fine if we hadnt let players go. We have now let 4 players go (Killa, Weir, Hughes and Davies) with only one coming in (Fernandes - waiting for clearance). Where is the logic in that when our squad had no depth to begin with.

debts being consolidated does not mean they dont need paying mate! there is still replayments to be met, and we are not running at a profit. £10m loss last year

Operating profits before player trading were 3.1M which is up on the previous year, despite the fact we finished several places lower in the league. We have significantly improved on the commercial side and have reduced the net interest we were paying on our debts by mortgaging it against gate receipts. The repayments are manageable now and reported debt now stands at 21M a large improvement over the 45M which was cited 2 years ago.

In respect to buying new players, we should be firmly looking at Big Bill. He obviously has no money or no wish to invest heavily, possibly both, either way it's not good. One thing we can count on is he won't be giving up his mantle without a struggle. The fact we now expect a top 10 finish shows how far we have come but until he goes we'll continue treading water with Moyes getting the best out of average players.

I cant believe hes let hughes go aswell, hes lost the plot

Moysey reason for letting him go...........................

"Mark was a very good lad to have around the place," added the manager. "But he wanted to be playing and we felt it was right for him to move on.

"We wanted what was best for him and he has got a chance to get some experience.

"A couple of clubs had come in but he felt Northampton was the best one.

"We wish him all the best because he is a great lad and we enjoyed having him here."

:blink::blink::blink:

Has he not heard of letting players go out on loan.!! Idiot.

dont just moan for the sake of it lads! hughsey was only a young lad and unless there exceptional like lescott you need experience and maturity to be a good center half..

if theres no more injuries between now and end of season we will cope well...lets face it there was no one really out there who we could have got.

who was there out there that we should have got? let us no a cant think...

Sending him out on loan would have been dangerously close to common sense.

Good to see DM managed to avoid that trap.........again.

Couldnt agree more I had just read that on the site myself

The same thought was going through my head LOAN !

He tried to make out he did the lad a favour

dont just moan for the sake of it lads! hughsey was only a young lad and unless there exceptional like lescott you need experience and maturity to be a good center half..

if theres no more injuries between now and end of season we will cope well...lets face it there was no one really out there who we could have got.

who was there out there that we should have got? let us no a cant think...

I think if we were ambitious enough why not have gone for upson ourselves

all the players signing for west ham are making a huge mistake don't you think ?

Well the ginga twat has come out with the old chestnut of 'we tried'. Fuck off Moyes, you can't come out with the same bullshit year after year. If there was no one there to bring in he shouldnt have let players go, a bit of common sense wouldnt go amiss.

He didnt sign Boughera cos the lad wanted to play at centre half but Moysey wanted him to play midfield, then to let any cover go when Weir had already gone is crazy.

So if he had signed Bougherra for midfield, what about Da Silva And Fernandez.

Two centre halfs have gone, so I'll replace them with three Midfielders. :blink::blink:

Moyseys reasoning absolutely baffles me, it really does.

I think it's obvious that Moyes never felt that Hughes would be good enough for the first team. He's got to be allowed to make that decision. If he actually rated him he would have let him go out on loan - he's put plenty of other players out on loan. Just cos he's saying nice things about him now he's left doesn't mean he actually rates him. He's hardly gonna say he's a load of shite and never would have made it at Everton - what would be the point?

Good enough or not, he would have done & job for us & our squad is to small as it is. Its common bloody sense, dont sell people u cant replace. Its not bloody rocket science

i put this post up on another thread but due to the topic of conversation it may be more apropriate here:

i'm sick of this, the chairman has no money to fund the club, so he should not be there, he's just a kid in a sweet shop. It's about time we stopped moaning and unite as evertonians and take some sort of a stand against this idiot, and try by any means neccesary to get this man away from our club as soon as possible, and he can take that clueless ginger twat with him as well, it's going to be another quiet window and the same 5 year old excuses of "we looked but nothing was there" well they can both fuck off, because i've had enough.

anyone agree?