IGNORED

4 Out 1 In

john_webby

well i have all the faith in DM and i'm not starting this as a sack the manager thread but i think are transfer policy needs to be looked at

i totally agree we have to be careful with what money we have and get value for money until some serious investment is made and we should buy the right sort of players and i believe the majority of DM transfer decision have been good

but when we need players we should be more forward in the transfer market i'm not sure whether we need to employ a director of football (i think thats right) to bring in the right players at the right time or maybe we do need some one with the financial clout to buy players when we need them

well we will see how the season pans out it will either show that we dont have enough fire power or defensive ability but i will wait and see where we finish at the end of the season

What we needed to do was either not sell anyone, either bringing 1 or 2 loans in or not signing any one. What we didnt need to do was let 4 players go without replacing any of them. Nobody can say Fernandes is a replacement for Davies. Davies was a right winger and Fernandes is a defensive midfielder. Maybe Moyes has had a fucking epiphany and will play Carsley on the right. Or better yet keep Carsley in the starting 11 and use Fernandes as a bench warmer. It would not surprise me in the least.

Moyes get a clue.

We wont buy more than the 3 we let go come the summer so expect another 18 months of Moyes moaning about his small squad (or is that brain or even cock??)!

He's making it so hard for me to keep faith with him at the moment, we have made progress theres no doubt and we are so much better off than 10 years ago but he's running so close to the desaster line we could quite easily drop into free fall at any moment. Realistically all it takes is 2 or 3 serious injurys on top of McFudge and where do we turn?

i would like to think moyes would put some faith in our youth players. irvine is always going on about how good they are. still abit annoyed that hughes has gone. oh well, cest la vie!

one thing with moyes is though he may sell players that we can't afford to loose at least he isn't selling our best players, (i know he sold rooney but that was inevitable and good money), at least we havn't lost our cahills or arteta's.

and technically its 4 out 2 in, with de silva finally arriving.

i know he is a midfielder but where is his mid position?

We´ll see how things go.I´m not that worried.Everyone keeps saying 4out 1 in.But to my mind it´s 3 out and 2 in.Killa left last window.Davies we got good money for in the region of 3 million,he was shit for us and everyone knows it. Wier was past it as we know,Had he had a start this season?so if he hadn´t of gone now he´d of gone in the summer on a free.Hughes was the only suprise for me.

We have two midfielders in.Fernandes is a central midfielder,and a class act,I´m not quite sure were DeSilva´s prefered position is?

im intersested too see how da silva is going to turn out, if he is a defensive player then that is what we need, we have enough attacking options (as long as we don't get injuries). Hopefully both him and fernades can add a bit of stability in the midfield, it gets difficult to amount attacks when players like cahill have to keep going back to defend all the time.

If Fernandes can live up to this "next makele" tag then he could be really good for us, even though i hate labeling players like that, it never works out. i remeber when we signed ibrahim bakayoko (spelling?) and he was labelled the frnch micheal owen, what a joke that was

with him sounding defensive and having shots like that and whatnot,to me he sounds like hes in the same mould as essien :blink: does anyone know the terms of his contract? i know hes signed a new contract with benfica like but according to some sites that might just be a smokescreen for now for us to buy him but it keeps his value up so they get the most money from it

ps. yeah i was rather irritated that they got rid of mark hughes as well