IGNORED

Rafa Calls Everton A Small Club

Robo

Kopite - in fairness to you, you have come on here and made an attempt to make reasonable comment/conversation.

The thing is, everything is relative. So, how are we measuring "small club"? We have won the title 9 times, albeit our last in 1987. Liverpool have won more titles (and yes, before anyone says it the EC 5 times) but likewise they haven't won the league for a long time - only a few seasons more recently than us. If my knowledge is correct, only Liverpool, United and Arsenal have won it more times.

So does that mean we're bigger than 88 other English league teams?

I only ask because I saw the comments their fans put on the red & white kop site - OTT.

I thought we played well today - in the 1st half we gave as good as we got. Yep, 2nd half we set stall out for draw, but hey mission accomplished unlike Liverpool who set out to win and didn't achieve it.

I'm now only interested in us cracking on and getting a top 7 finish this season - no reason why not.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rafa was just trying to point the finger at us to cover up his own inability to break down a team that knows how to defend. Where was his small club speech after the 3-0 game? hmmmmm where?

After that comment i hope DM send the match video & tactics to evrey 'small club' in the league so they to can share in the joy of making him look like a cock.

Here are the comments I posted on the afore-mentioned RAWK about the contest today:

"Jaysus, the way folks are going on in here, you'd think we actually had a chance to win the league until today's result. Face it, it wasn't going to happen.

Many are disappointed with Everton's tactics, yet they created several chances, including one of the most dangerous, and admit it: they played well defensively (and FWIW, 4-5-1 is their regular formation). It wasn't all our failures in the attack; they DO have talent in back. Yobo and Stubbs were immense, Cahill won more headers (at least according to the commentator on the broadcast I saw on-line) than anyone else, Arteta disrupted our flow time and again and did well to neutralize Xabi.

Not the most aggressive game plan overall, but isn't that how teams usually play on the road? Sit back to defend, then hope to catch the other side in counter-attack. It's a credit to our team that their counter-attacks were limited, and usually amounted to nothing.

I thought our biggest problems were in the middle: Stevie and Xabi looked uncertain, and I think our attackers (especially Kuyt and Crouch) lost their confidence in the second half as their back line held up after the waves of attacks. Their final touch lacked conviction when they did get a chance to play the ball towards goal. Pepe and the back four were formidable, coming forward with conviction often enough, and Jermaine was our best attacking player today.

Bottom line... they played well enough to get the draw. I mean, geez, the passion with which you support our team is fine, but completely discrediting the other team's effort and talent makes it appear that you don't know what you're talking about. Roll Eyes

Of course, that's just me..."

Not sure what Rafa meant by "small club". I thought he was referring to a team with somewhat limited resources, as many on here admit.

But you shouldn't take too much offense. I mean, it's as harmless a comment as Moyes and Arteta's assertions that Merseyside is "mostly Blue". It's largely meaningless, and meant to get under your skin. If it did, then it worked.

Congrats on getting the draw, and keeping in European contention.

Edited by SteeleRED

Here are the comments I posted on the afore-mentioned RAWK about the contest today:

"Jaysus, the way folks are going on in here, you'd think we actually had a chance to win the league until today's result. Face it, it wasn't going to happen.

Many are disappointed with Everton's tactics, yet they created several chances, including one of the most dangerous, and admit it: they played well defensively (and FWIW, 4-5-1 is their regular formation). It wasn't all our failures in the attack; they DO have talent in back. Yobo and Stubbs were immense, Cahill won more headers (at least according to the commentator on the broadcast I saw on-line) than anyone else, Arteta disrupted our flow time and again and did well to neutralize Xabi.

Not the most aggressive game plan overall, but isn't that how teams usually play on the road? Sit back to defend, then hope to catch the other side in counter-attack. It's a credit to our team that their counter-attacks were limited, and usually amounted to nothing.

I thought our biggest problems were in the middle: Stevie and Xabi looked uncertain, and I think our attackers (especially Kuyt and Crouch) lost their confidence in the second half as their back line held up after the waves of attacks. Their final touch lacked conviction when they did get a chance to play the ball towards goal. Pepe and the back four were formidable, coming forward with conviction often enough, and Jermaine was our best attacking player today.

Bottom line... they played well enough to get the draw. I mean, geez, the passion with which you support our team is fine, but completely discrediting the other team's effort and talent makes it appear that you don't know what you're talking about. Roll Eyes

Not sure what Rafa meant by "small club". I thought he was referring to a team with somewhat limited resources, as many on here admit.

But you shouldn't take too much offense. I mean, it's as harmless a comment as Moyes and Arteta's assertions that Merseyside is "mostly Blue". It's largely meaningless, and meant to get under your skin. If it did, then it worked.

never thought id say it but that just about sums it up from a cultured reds point of view, i like it,someone whos honest :)

Rafa was correct in what he said - you are a smaller team than us. Your actually quite a small club.

It was down to us to break you down today but we couldn't manage it and you lot played and defended very well for your draw. Well done today

"Your actually quite a small club." F**k off KOPSHITE you patronising tw*t . By giving us a bit praise at end the of your post do think that disguises the fact that your having a dig. One thing that is definetly smaller is the size of our heads compared to you big headed self important C*~ts. Personally I think Rafas heads gone and who can blame him after losing the 5th richest man in world and getting Gillet who is not even in the top 400 in The USA. But at least Moores and is cronies get an extra couple of bob each.

He will tell you pricks it was the better deal (after all millionaires arenot bothered about extra money are they!) and they havenot fucked up big time. And you will be stupid enough to believe him. Liverpool supporters big heads no brains. now f*ck off to your own forum kopite, kopshite or whatever your name is

Edited by ANDYGRAY

"Your actually quite a small club." F**k off KOPSHITE you patronising tw*t . By giving us a bit praise at end the of your post do think that disguises the fact that your having a dig. One thing that is definetly smaller is the size of our heads compared to you big headed self important C*~ts. Personally I think Rafas heads gone and who can blame him after losing the 5th richest man in world and getting Gillet who is not even in the top 400 in The USA. But at least Moores and is cronies get an extra couple of bob each.

He will tell you pricks it was the better deal (after all millionaires arenot bothered about extra money are they!) and they havenot fucked up big time. And you will be stupid enough to believe him. Liverpool supporters big heads no brains. now f*ck off to your own forum kopite, kopshite or whatever your name is

i know yeh! why come on here if all you want to do is be dick eds get a life and fuck of to your shity kopite forum and that goes to all of yas.

Astute assesment Steelered - We had our deficiencies also, however & overall I feel earned the point.

On The investment thing: However smallw e may be perceived - It's nice to still be a fan/supporter & not a customer or targeted audience demographic.

Can/Will Liverpool be able to say that ?

Some of my mates are Liverpool fans and were generally agreed with you what you have said. I do realise that every club as its minority of 'extreme' blind supporting, where everything that their team does is right and can't do no wrong. We've had some in the past and as you said you can't discredit a team with no real justification.

I'd like to say thanks for being unbias and actually taking the time to post what you thought of the match. I'd say its a very fair comment and shows a good character from you to make the effort to (re)posting that from a Liverpools point. Its a real credit to yourself to post a different opinion than those shown on RAWK and even admit that some of those people there were appearing to not know what some people are talking about.

Anyway, I'm going to bed, not lookin forward to waking up tomorrow with a hangover but sod it.

Thanks for the unbias and fair few.

(edit* I've had to paste this from Microsoft Word too sort out all the typo errors lol)

Edited by TrueBlue

I too appreciate some honest feedback from a red but have to ask (of the more bias ones) if you are so content wih your lot and think you were hard done to today (held by a "small" club) why are you bitching on here not on your own site? Seems to me it hurt you (and the fat potato headed spaniard)a lot more than you're letting on.

Well done Blues, I'll wake up feelin rough tomorrow but it'll be eased slightly by the thought of that battling display!

p.s. As Pat indicated, there seems to be a fine line between "big" and "small" clubs these days, winning the top prize between 15 (1991) and 20 (1987) years it seems???

Fair post Steelered. It s good reading people who actually think about what they say. Throwing insults around on a web forum is childish and puerile. Anyone with sense would just ignore them and scroll on by!

Wake up folks....Beneath-us was trying to outsmart the media thats all.He know the media might have entitled as "The Big Reg Flops Of MersySide" in the morning papers so escape that he called us small team.But he should be ashamed as now people around the world will scrutinise into the Big $$ red flops ever more. Its sheer desperation that his BIG FLOPS were not able to win a small squad of quality,brave and honest players (unlike diving beanpole P.Crouch shite) and maybe he wanted to see one or two blues being sent off so that they can have some space but all that did not happen.Eventually what he and the Big Red Flops got was a slap on their face for definitely we were are the better side in Liverpool!!!

Big Red Flops Vs Small Squad Quality Blues and the results has been 0-0 and quality blues got 4 points out of six....full stop. Now the Mersyside flops can go and fcuk themsef!

Edited by xsaint

all the small clubs come to anfield for a draw

they put 10 playes behind the ball its such a bore

watford ,charlton and the blue shite too,

defend in numbers thats what they do

one up front home or away

thats why they pissed of rafa today

they should play like men not boys

but what do you expect when your manager is moyes

haha and we'll do it agian if we need to ya redscum, we've got a few reds on here who say well done everton then we have pricks like you who have the cheek to call us bitter haha wanker :rolleyes:

all the small clubs come to anfield for a draw

they put 10 playes behind the ball its such a bore

watford ,charlton and the blue shite too,

defend in numbers thats what they do

one up front home or away

thats why they pissed of rafa today

they should play like men not boys

but what do you expect when your manager is moyes

ow my god what was that mate. just think how long that took you and how shite it is. you must be a slight excuse of a human being to spend your time coming up with that. you say we should play like men not boys. you need to take the fact you cant score aginst us and take it like men and stop acting like little boys

As a staunch Evertonian, I would like to offer the following as an apology to R. Benitez - "the special needs one".

I am so sorry a "smaller" team came to your hallowed halls and failed to fall into line with your plan to exact revenge for the buttf*cking you recieved earlier in the season.

I understand you plan was to put three forwards on the pitch and destroy us with your goalscoring prowess and yet we failed to allow that to happen, we had the temerity to defend and play for a result which would ultimately benefit us and not you.

Finally, I would like to offer an apology for D. Moyes, who decided to play in a manner that didn't fall into line with your tactics, that was thoughtless of him and showed you little respect, which you obviously feel is due to you.

Now if you would be so kind as to take a long run up and go f*ck yourself.

ATB

Mac