IGNORED

Stadium Plans Have Been Submitted

Louis

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/6335101.stm

The council says the plans are at a very early stage

Initial proposals for a new Everton Football club stadium have been submitted to a Merseyside Council.

The club plans to build a 55,000-seater ground in a development that will also include high street shops, a hotel and a Tesco supermarket.

Its preferred site is in Kirkby town centre, off Cherryfield Drive.

Knowsley Council has pledged that the public and local business will be closely involved with the planning process as it progresses.

Everton FC said an alternative to Goodison Park would increase capacity and improve corporate facilities.

The club's last plan to relocate to a 55,000-seater waterfront stadium at King's Dock, Liverpool, was abandoned in 2003.

Councillor Eddie Connor said the plans were at a very early stage.

"There is a lot of work to be done before any initial ideas are formed into something more definite," he said.

"We will be asking residents to help us shape the plan in order to give them something that will bring real and long term benefits to their town."

--

http://aboutknowsley.typepad.com/news/2007...al_kirkby_.html

Initial proposals have been submitted to Knowsley Council for a potential leisure and retail development in Kirkby.

The proposals outline a development that would include a modern football stadium to house Everton FC and include facilities for conferencing and cultural events. As well as the Tesco superstore, the development would also bring additional retail space for a wide variety of high street shops.

A preferred location has been put forward that is in the town centre area of Kirkby - adjacent to Knowsley Community College, off Cherryfield Drive, although the exact site and design of the proposed development are yet to be decided.

Although a preferred location has been proposed, Knowsley Council, Everton FC and Tesco would like to stress that the development remains at an extremely early stage. The three parties will continue to work together to develop the proposals, but there is a long way to go before anything is recommended or agreed.

Cllr Eddie Connor, Knowsley’s cabinet member for Leisure, Community and Culture, said: “The proposals are still only a very early outline of what the development could involve. There is a lot of work to be done before any initial ideas are formed into something more definite, and we will be asking residents to help us shape the plan in order to give them something that will bring real and long term benefits to their town.”

“We are still unable to go into any detail on the layout of the development, because we simply have not got to that stage yet.”

“We are committed to keeping residents and those who work in Kirkby, and in the wider region, informed of developments at every stage of our discussions with Tesco and Everton FC. We urge anyone who has an interest in the future of Kirkby to have their say, and we will be holding further community consultation events to allow them to do this.”

Early indications suggest that the proposed development would help transform Kirkby into a premier leisure and retail destination, while creating around 2,000 jobs in the town – 1,750 of them permanent. This could boost Kirkby’s economy by up to £21.5m per year and significantly drive down unemployment rates in the town.

The council’s Area Partnership Boards for North and South Kirkby recently hosted a large scale public meeting about the regeneration of the town, at which many people asked to be kept informed of progress.

All residents, local businesses and other interested parties will be kept informed of developments at every stage of the process

Early days yet,but good to see the ball is at last rolling and the issue can begin to be resolved.Though I don´t agree totally with the proposed move,I agree we have to do somthing about our old famous ground.I would personaly like to see Goodison rebuilt.Some say its not viable,but I think with carefull planning it could be done.

post-2727-1170771127_thumb.jpg

In a recent interview Keith Wyness said that Everton representatives have been looking at German stadia for inspiration and the RheinEnergieStadion in particular.

The fact that the club may be moving to Kirkby does not bother me in the slightest but so far I'm disappointed that the club have not publically asked for opinions to find out what the mass of Evertonians would like in a stadium. I do realise that the phrase "beggars can't be choosers" will be the first thing that pops into the mind of some people's but it is a decision that affects us all and in my opinion we should be asked what we would like.

I'm having a sit in at Goodison until we get a carbon copy of the AOL Arena but called the Everton Arena!

Anyone with me??

AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL,

;)

Wyness has said they are wanting four seperate stands and not a bowl :|

MBE: Design of stadia. Obviously everyone is agog about the whole idea, even though you aren’t really at design stage. Is there any preference in the boardroom for the shape of a new stadium, for rectangular in plan as opposed to bowl-shaped? I don’t have a problem with either.

KW: Well, we are working on concept designs because we have to…………….

MBE: ………….so you are going through that exercise already?

KW: Yes, we’re in the process right now. It doesn’t mean to say it’s the final design though. But we have to get to a broad costing to see how feasible the whole financial package is, which is obviously THE key element. So we have got some designs we’re working with right now.

MBE: There’s no preference expressed for the plan shape of it?

KW: I’m not going to get into that detail of it. All I will say is that bowl-shapes are probably not favourite at the moment.

MBE: As I’m sure you know, Keith, a few of the new World Cup stadia in Germany are rectangular. The Borussia Dortmund stadium, the so-called “Magic Square,” the largest in the Bundesliga, is a particularly good example. I think the architect for it achieved a really excellent solution

KW: We have been across to Germany, and the working design, if we get that far, will be taken from one of those stadia.

Louis - i typed that in on google images and thats what i saw.

Liam - you tell me when to be there and ill join in, the AOL is nearly perfect in my humble opinion!

just because Keith said not a bowl shape (maybe the emirates is a bowl shape) it doesmt mean no to round corners.

AOL is recrangular, just with round corners. everything we need!

I would like to see Goodison revamped!!!!!

It's time to move forward. Yes Goodison holds a lot of history but it's time to make new history. That is afterall what Everton has symbolised in the past. As Licker has mentioned previously we have a lot of firsts. Let's not get stuck in the past and look to future away from Goodison.

in our glorious history we have moved a few times, and we have always been ahead of the times with Goodison, but this is all the past. the time is coming for us to leave our oldest home and bring the club back into the times!

and to answer a few questions.

bootle buck. its easier to do a new build than a re build. portos stadium is very very nice, and i imagine very intimidating too, but they have sadi no bowl shape.

jamie. why wouldnt we fill a 55000 seater? our current average is about 36000 i think, which leaves about 4000 empty seats, take off a couple of hundred for the chang area in the main stand, 1000 for away fans, and i belive there is about 3500 obstructed views. that pretty much leaves all the unobstructed views sold. then there is "the new stadium effect". this pretty much shows with all new stadiums that the first 3 years or so will fill because of the whole new thing (anyone try getting tickets for the emirates this season?) so in theory we have until 3 years after any new stadium opens to grow into a team capable of uefa cup football every season. i big risk yes, but not if the stadium is payed for by a 3rd party. its all a big knock on effect,

UEFA Cup football every season

55000 Stadium

the best training and academy facilities

this would look very competitive to investors (a lot more attractive than pompy and villa)

BLUE TAC. if we use blueprints from another stadium it could potentially save millions! being original is expensive!

breathe