IGNORED

Man Utd 1 Efc 1

L_Blue

Since no one seems to have started this topic thought I would. Great result lads faddy seems to be getting better but his wastefulness later on and Bent's lack of passing ability seems to highlight our need for another quality striker

Edited by L_Blue

Just got in from old trafford. Great game, pandemonium when we scored, should have won. Made up with every single player (even a surprisingly ok dickie wright) apart from beattie who was slow and shit, and bent, who couldnt be arsed. He only came on for the last 10 and wouldn't even sprint. Get rid!

James McFadden is a fucking beast.

Just got in from old trafford. Great game, pandemonium when we scored, should have won. Made up with every single player (even a surprisingly ok dickie wright) apart from beattie who was slow and shit, and bent, who couldnt be arsed. He only came on for the last 10 and wouldn't even sprint. Get rid!

James McFadden is a fucking beast.

Have to disagree with you about Beattie. Iknow he wasnt in the game much but what he had to do he done well. Thought his touch was as good as i have seen it been. Ran his arse off aswell closing down defenders all game. You need this when you go to places like old trafford.

i agree, and the same team deserves to play on weds, as a reward for a fighting performance, and a well earned point.

Great performance - we were on the back foot for a lot of the game - the possession was 68% united, 32% Everton.

Our area was completely pounded time after time but our defence - orchestrated be Phil Neville - was superb.

BT - although he didn't figure much did draw defenders all game, leaving McFadden free to roam about up front. He did do a lot of running and as usual, tracked back to help the defence!! I am now of the belief that BT's ability will come and the goals will start....

McFadden was great - he really wound the Utd back four up and was as passionate and 'angry' as the twat that is Alan Smith... In fact Davies and McFadden really got to smith and it was good to see.

Davies - super game, he counter attacks really well and his passing was inch perfect. good solid performance.

Osman - okay - it wasn't stunning but nobody can knock his work rate. He is everywhere!!! always running, always putting the defence under pressure. I think that he is a good player that could be a lot better with a bit of nurturing!

Ferguson - when he came on - true Everton Stalwart! He really puts the shits up Ferdinand!

Weir - good game

Yobo - solid game

Hibbert - a bit poor for me in the first half. He stood and watched Giggs run past him for the UTD goal. He should have followed him into the box.

Valente - first game back - played 90 minutes. Super game - J.S.Park had to cut inside all the time to get away from him - G. Neville only managed to get a cross in when valente wasn't there to tackle him. Great performance.

Kilbane - what? Where did this performance come from and why cant he do this every week? Its almost like he had more confidence playing with Osman, Neville and McFadden than he does when he plays with the 'better' players - Cahill, Arteta and VDM.

He never stopped all game - defencively, he was very strong and his run (although tackled) was superb and set up the goal. Hopefully he will restore his own confidence and personal belief and start creating a few chances for the blues!

Agree that he has got to keep the same team to start the game. Arteta should be back so place on the bench for him, cahill misses last match so he should be getting some rest at the moment and rearing to go for the Bolton game at the weekend.

Are goal was pounded at time but I feel we had the better chances to score

Guest fozzie22

I think we're overlooking a simple truth here.

The mancs are on a downward spiral,and yes we played very well yesterday and but for the tef in goal they would have won,great save that in the last moments of the game.

But the point i'm trying to make is this,they are,as i say heading down the shitter,(dont forget the massive debts they have now),i wonder how long before the granny shagger shafts them as he did to us and moves on?.

I mean he did go there to win things didnt he?

A draw was a good and fair result.

I must admit when I first saw the team sheet and we were without four starters then I did think we may struggle a little, but all credit to the boys. They ALL played well yesterday and limited Uniteds chances.

Davies is really starting to impress me. He is stating to look a tidy player in the middle, is strong and hard working, can tackle, pass and is good on the breakaway.

Anybody, who offers more than £1M for Bent should have their hand snatched off.

A trific team performance, Wright stood proud between the sticks when it counted (but don't let that fool you he's still piss poor)! McFadden played realy well and now all he needs is to look up and place the ball or cut it back rather than those head down near post shots, dont get me wrong he did realy well but if you consider the number of times he's been in that exact position on either side of the goal and not scored (Newcastle, glad end comes to mind) then yesterdays goal looks a bit lucky.

Killa pulled it out the bag too and i am happy for him cos is i'v said before i dont like getting on players backs but that boy has had me seriously doubting his ability over the past few weeks! BT worked his socks off (AGAIN!) just needs some luck in front of goal and the boy could be back to his best in no time at all. Don't know about you all but i still have faith in fatty!

:o

For me that was Davies' best performance - i was starting to doubt him. MOM contender.

McFadden is growing in confidence every week and starting to show us what he does for Scotland in virtually every game he plays for them

I must have been watching a different game - Killer is still shite. Fair enough he ran his socks off but that doesn't constitute a good game, he gave the ball away on too many occasions with wayward passing.

Still think Beats needs to do more, effort is one thing but if you're a 6 million pound striker you expect a better return than just effort. He did well in the air and held up the ball well, pity about the 40 yard effort!

Bent was a disgrace, he shouldn't kick another ball in the in that shirt, he totally lacked commitment, endeavour or even willing. If thats him fighting for his place God help the lad.

Valente, Weir and Hibbert did alright, Yobo was the star of the defence again for me and looks confident and assured when Neville's marshalling that space in front of him.

Well done Wright, i saw him catch the ball 3 times! I also saw him make some excellent reaction stops. Would love to see him do well.

Overall, great team effort, i think we could've and should've won. They had the majority of the possession but i felt we had them on the counter towards the end, if Bent wasn't so turd we could have snatched it.